Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Thanks so much, Charlotta! Sometimes I have to force myself to think beyond dark clothes and Tahitians during the fall and winter.

Freshwater pearls from Pearls By The Bay, knotted into a rope. An Edison pendant from PP, with earrings and keshi chain I made.
View attachment 76373

View attachment 76374

Jeg, I absolutely adore the colours in your rope. You also have another metallic ripple rope That I am so jealous of! I wish more like this would be available for sale from vendors!

Thanks so much Charlotta, BWeaves and CMN!

BWeaves, I hope you get some work relief soon.

CMN, I used two temp strands to make that rope. They were unusually long temp strands so I was able to make a long rope and bracelet. If you are interested in a metallic rope, your best bet would probably be to contact some of the vendors to see if they have a couple matching strands to make into a rope. I never thought about it, but I guess most of the metallics are made into, and sold as, short strands.

Kojima keshi and beaded rope, with a necklace I made with pearls from Pearls By The Bay.
200F6578-7D34-495C-B3F9-ED43387087C1.jpeg

3EC6EF93-08B1-4D4F-8E96-974CD34B83D9.jpg

Beautiful beautiful pearls and outfits as always Jeg!
Love those jade slices earrings, I have tried wire-wrapping again inspired by you so when the weather gets finally pearl-friendly (havent seen the sun whole week here!!!) will snap a few pictures with my finished Tahitian Love necklace ( Yes! the pearls from Druzy have arrived and they are perfect!).

SydK, I am still waiting for my white Edisons to arrive but will definitely post when I get to making the necklace.

BWeaves - I understand that feeling of being stressed and not wearing jewellery ! I can't stand having something around my neck when I'm agitated ( fortunately a rare occurrence ). Hope work settles soon !

jeg- aren't the Riki pearls great ? The colours are so deep and varied ! And of course I love the necklace you made ... so cute !

I'm afraid I'm the same way when anxious .. often ALL the jewelry comes OFF. But sometimes it's soothing, and it's certainly armor when facing a doctor who doesn't want to listen ... at least it is in my mind lol. Hang in there BWeaves!

Jeg, those new Rikiteas are stunning; such bright colors! And of course, one of my all time favorites, the Myanmars!!! You bring so much light and joy with your posts; we are so lucky to have you with us. I admit my very favorite this week is that luscious red paisley wooly jacket :) Hugs!

Thank you eolian! I hope the wire wrapping is getting easier and you find a rhythm that works for you. I am hoping to get a few more of the gemstone slices so I can start working on gifts for the holidays.

Katbran, yes, I love the colors on the Rikitea strand, thank you!

CathyKeshi, what sweet and very generous compliments.:eek: I do have a lot of time to take pics these days...:rolleyes: And I think of you every time I take the Myanmar strand out.

A brooch from Kojima, and a Fiji bracelet from a PP ruckus.
F32421A7-37C0-45E3-9FC3-4E1579549A9F.jpeg

178F9D02-11E6-49DA-ABA9-B5DC9C21D46C.jpg

Jeg, I've never seen this type of pearl brooch, and I love how you are wearing it in the photo - what a beautiful and creative piece! Kojima does make such lovely jewelry :eek:

Thanks so much, SurfnSci! I can’t remember the exact story behind these brooches, but they are not made in house. There’s a woman who makes them, and Sarah has brought them back from her travels. She does have an eye for finding the unique. I’m attaching a pic I have posted before of a smaller brooch I wear on a wristband.
66FE3224-B803-4265-ABEB-B483A380612C.jpg

Amazing brooches Jeg! I love the ribbons you are wearing them with, very special look!
Ohhh, the wire-wrapping...not really my thing even the second time around, but if you don’t look too closely I made an OK pair of earrings...to go together with my new blue-green pearl from Nomore pearls that was just set with on a choker, I LOVE this pearl!

306814CC-38EE-4848-BE92-0EB4B9A287C9.jpeg

Love the cherries SydK! Especially with fuchsia, what a lovely strand!

I am back to soft colors, wearing earrings with pistacchio and blue akoyas and blue Tahitians from Simply Adorned, paired with two of my simole creations - a silverly Tahitian pendant on a labradorite chain and a labradorite rondelles bracelet with a blue akoya pearl (from LishaPearlJewelry on Etsy) and smallish freshwater keshis from Wen. The labradorite rondelles are very sparkly, but hard to photograph...

93FF2328-71FA-4FAA-B12D-C5819F22A1C2.jpeg
62692BDF-B685-4C77-8C0B-E6299D3237DA.jpeg

I really like the Abalone shell and black pearl combination. It plays along perfectly.

Last edited:
Thank you SydK and eolian!

Beautiful cherry T’s with your top, SydK!

Eolian, the earrings look great! I love the abalone, and both the earring and pendant combinations.

Harvest strand from a PP Ruckus.
94EE5DCC-D42D-4618-86AF-8393157072EE.jpeg

5D99B875-66D3-4F88-9B3A-95E7F7F1F20E.jpg

Always a pleasure to look at this thread - and jeg, love the outfits almost as much as the pearls!

Beautiful rope Jeg. It looks like each side matches the other, I would imagine that would take quite a collection of pearls. Or pairs maybe.

That symmetrical rope is amazing, Jeg - what a beautifully put together strand. It looks great with the scarf.
Eolian, your silvery set is beautiful. I love labradorite. The colours in the abalone shells and choker are splendid.
I wore huge peacock Tahitian studs today. Lovely pearls, but I just cannot take a good photo of earrings when they’re on my ears.

Thanks so much, Happy Huku, Charlotta, and SydK! Yes, the ropes were assembled at the farm in the Phillipines, where they have the resources to match pairs for creating such pieces. And thanks Happy Huku for your comment about the clothes. Trying to get dressed at least for part of the day even if I’m not doing anything special. It’s my entertainment these days to go through the closets and mix and match clothes and pearls.

Something new from Kojima! A uniquely carved Tahitian pendant on a vintage Akoya keshi necklace. I love the way the color banding on the pearl was incorporated into the design. Worn with a copper Tahitian strand from PP.
14DA88D4-BB4B-41E9-BDAD-7C020E191F3F.jpeg

197B848C-29AC-4197-8D65-858EB3D005F8.jpg

E3F83233-8635-4711-B2F2-CA7F50191412.jpg

3DA319DE-7D40-4842-86CC-B5A3E45FBE3D.jpg

Back