Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

But I did get these amazing (and definitely not bronze) Edisons a few days ago. Still deciding whether to set them as studs or dangles.
5616F56D-0E98-42A7-AF05-DEA8E82FB0A5.jpg

jeg - So many fabulous combinations ! I like your use of the Cortez pearls - great necklace ! And I love the colour of your Golden strand ... and all of the other pieces of course !

Jesskat- I think the colour suits you ! Very pretty !

Syd - The purples , I find, are as hard to photograph as Tahitians. There is a beige base colour that can come through in natural sunlight but they might appear purple in a light box or indirect light. I think with the purples/lavenders it's really important to get a few photo when possible.

So many pretty combinations jeg, wonderful pearls.
Jesskat, that strand looks great on you.
SydK, very nice combination. Edisons are difficult, not only to photograph but then many of them are sort of duocrome, or is it multicrome. Maybe you cannot use that expression with pearls. They however shift from one color to another. I have some like that in my rainbow strand. You change the angle or light and then it's another color. Difficult to describe right I think. My edison huggies for example, one of the pearls shift to blue green and the other pink and orange, but normally they look the same. Those edisons I like. I bought a really purple strand from Lipearls, and that one was to purple.

Last edited:
Wonderful to visit this thread and see all of the lovely pearls and stylings. While I don't get much time to post these days, I do usually sneak a peek at a couple of threads as a guilty pleasure!

Jeg, not only do I want to roll around in your jewelry drawer, I also want a peek in your closet...you have a beautiful wardrobe!

Thank you, jesskat, Katbran, Charlotta and JerseyPearl! Anytime JerseyPearl! I keep my clothes forever, so the closets are full. :rolleyes:

jesskat, the lavender strand is really pretty, but only you will know if it works for you!

SydK, I love your pondslime pearls!!

Wearing some of those chameleon, color shifting pearls from Pearls By The Bay. They are purply burgundy. The earrings I made are definitely copper, but next to these pearls they are a little pinky.
7415ADAF-AA20-4D21-A3B8-892C8178A17C.jpeg

48C11A6F-8BCD-45DD-87CA-F8ABF3B5D8BA.jpeg

90B9E383-3A26-488B-9458-5E3EA26328EA.jpg

I like the double gold beads between the purple pearls, Jeg. Showcases the lovely baroque shapes.
Your wardrobe sounds like mine!

Oh yes, very pretty and sparkly SydK!

After receiving the golden SS pendant from Katbran, I asked her if she could keep an eye out for a Tahitian drop that I could wear with my pearl chains. She found a pearl in her stash that was just what I was looking for. A nice, simple rope bail was added and then the journey by mail. Thanks, Katbran!!
Worn with a blue Akoya Keshi pearl chain from Kojima.
02C0FB63-7160-46AA-90E3-089C12D96157.jpeg

3EF49462-B9BA-4E6C-92B7-EAE9FD4BA243.jpg

It’s starting to feel like spring here. The lovely seasonal pastels in Jeg’s Kojima mixed rope (back in post #14664) inspired me to make my own mini pink and yellow pastel strand. These are mostly the less-bronze pearls leftover from my recent pondslime kick, plus the cloudiest beads from a strand of pink tourmaline and a few Akoya from a very yellowed old strand that someone gave me recently and I really wasn’t sure I’d ever find a use for.
E62E6E41-25CB-448D-9E42-035ADCCECE93.jpg
FE2DA546-BB3C-4862-9FB4-B9AF6FD17597.jpg

jeg - I'm so pleased that he found a good home :D He will have lots of pearly friends that's for sure. I'm also pleased that I had just what you were looking for - a nice great big solid colour drop ! That big round 14k bail is great as you can see how easily the tiny pearl rope fits through. Those blue Keshi... fab colour
Your metallic rope is beautiful , you've inspired me to turn some into a rope ! And of course your drop earrings are inspired!

Sydk - You do look ready for summer ! Isn't it fun to make your own things... and remake...and remake . :)

Thanks so much, SydK and Katbran! Haha- a LOT of pearly friends, for sure!:rolleyes:

Your new creation is so pretty, SydK! You’re so lucky to be heading into Spring! Spring and Summer are by far my favorite seasons. Many of my friends around here love Fall because of the change in colors, but it is my least favorite season. I prefer sunshine and days with endless hours of daylight.

I do love sunshine and longer days. More bright and cheery colours today.
B24B63F6-8ED1-45B0-9962-960417E6448A.jpg

That bronzy pondslime color makes for a great pearl color, SydK!

SydK - I absolutely love the pieces you're creating! Your mixes of stones and pearls are truly lovely.

Oh, WOW!! I go off the grid for a little while so hubby can decompress & when I get back, there are so many beautiful pearl posts! Ladies, all of you just amaze me!! So many beauties & so many lovely combinations! I'm gong to have to play catch up! LOL

Yesterday, I wore my Tahitian tin cup, a Tahitian/diamond pendant, & my Tahitian/ Tanzanite drop earrings.

Attachments

• 20200914_170849.jpg
    20200914_170849.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 31
Welcome back with those beautiful Tahitians, 86C!

Sometimes, all I need is a pair of pearl studs. :D Metallic studs.
3A5F91E6-FCD6-4909-80C9-FBB58F73B8A7.jpeg

25C6B2B8-8B2F-427C-B1EC-65C765FCAD9E.jpg

Wonderful to see you again, 86C, and wonderful Tahitians. The tanzanite earrings are one of my favourite pieces here on PG.
Jeg, super-cute, all of it!
Jesskat, thanks for your kind words. Big, shiny Tahitians will always be my true love, but I’m having lots of fun mixing pearl and gemstones and learning to love smaller pearls :)

SydK, what lovely new creations you've made; glowing on you!

Jeg, I think we need a new thread to compete with the "Men in Pearls" one ... Furries in Pearls ... how adorable is that pair of rascals!!!

Back