Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Beautiful coppery colors Jeg and lovely strands!!

Jesskat, beautiful layering pieces and your floating Kamoka pearl is perfect!

Thank you, Charlotta, 86C, Lilpearl and Lisa!:eek:

Yay!!! My golden SS pendant from Katbran arrived this morning! Just in time to do a quick change because I was having a backyard social distance get-together with a couple friends. I paired it with some SS keshi strands I made.
C91BE1F7-6F39-43F5-98A3-7C2913F68CB3.jpeg
F
A008788B-68ED-46AB-871F-04EB0894B11E.jpg

42BBC211-4629-434C-A827-08A846778A35.jpg

Dang that's every bit as lovely as I thought it might be! Congratulations, my friend; it looks beautiful on you :)

OH WOW, Jeg! What a beautiful pendant! And it looks so lovely with your SS strands! I bet you were the belle of your party!!

Your new pendant is gorgeous Jeg, so pretty. And those mixed south sea keshi strand and tincup is simply stunning snd goes great with the pendant.

Jeg, what a beautiful pearl! How unusual to see lavender and aqua tones on a golden pearl. And I like that pendant cap on it - it looks just right. The keshi are beautiful, too.
Jesscat, I like your lightweight layers. Much better to have a few good things you really love rather than a lot of tat that you never wear .
I doubled up on Tahitians today. The outer, ringed strand is made from the same temp strand as the little tourmaline necklace I wore the other day. They’re really not the best pearls, but I seem to reach for them often - I might put a nice strand of circle pearls on my (endlessly long) wish list.
5A514518-1DAE-4CF9-8AC2-1B57E4BD6562.jpg

Thanks everyone! I’m really happy with the color and shape of the pendant.

SydK, your Tahitian layers work perfectly together and with your sweater! Ahhh yes, those endless wish lists...

A combination of all Kamoka pearls. A multi-colored strand, a tin cup bracelet and a ring with a pretty green pearl.
E137F415-457B-488D-AAC1-8093C46EA94C.jpeg

31A27B93-A655-426C-BB25-FB8E1637CB05.jpg

Seeing SydK’s tourmaline necklace got me motivated to re-work my labradorite necklace. I have been putting it off and there it sat, unworn. I bought this necklace in Hawaii and loved the simplicity and assymetry, but the weight of the pearl kept pulling it down to rest in a weird place.

Original piece
303AAB7C-F7FA-4B33-85AE-91B7EBB920AA.jpeg

Re-worked to center the pearl and added more.
96DE249C-284F-46C4-AE1D-E0A420785CEF.jpeg

AC0E3DCD-F99C-407B-A46E-CCB2CA84F2CE.jpg

I feel like you should do a 365 thread like BN, jeg! so many pretty pearls and I love each and every permutation :) the new gold drop is divine, and that Kamoka strand, wow!

Beautiful T's, SydK. Love the solid strand with the black & white strand. The combination look outstanding on you!

Jeg, I love your Kamoka strand! It blends so well with other pearls. You have reminded me that I need to add a tin cup bracelet to my never ending want list. LOL And I love how your re-did your labradorite necklace! It looks stunning on you!

I second what Jesskat said. You should have your own thread of Jeg's Jewels!

I have been admiring everyone's pearls in this forum for a long time. Looking at people's pearls brings me so much joy that I really appreciate. The more I look, the bigger the love for pearls grow in me. At the moment, my collection is still very humble, but I want to share some of the pearls I love the most. The photos are not really "Pearls in action", I find it hard to take photos of me wearing them, but I guess that no one minds. So here they are:

The Tahitian, peacock color, if I am not wrong? The pendant, 12mm, is lighter than the earrings, they do not match well but I wear them together. Those earrings, 10mm, were bought from Wen, they are cheap because they do have some flaws but I love them because of the lustre and color.
DSC_0009.jpgDSC_0010.jpgDSC_0006.jpg

The South sea pendant, 13mm width, and earrings, 10mm, from Pearlsociety. That was the pendant with broken bail I asked for help in another thread, I could not remove the stuck pin so I had to do it in that way of setting. It looks OK for now, even though not really beautiful as I wanted. Pearls on the necklace are 10mm metallic silvery white Edison, as described by Kongs. I bought that strand from her and plan to make them into 2 necklaces of different lengths in that way, so I can wear them in 3 styles. I just finished the shorter one at the moment. I wasn't really impressed when I received the package, but then I like them better and better :)

DSC_0013.jpgDSC_0012.jpgDSC_0002.jpgDSC_0004.jpg

Finally the long strand of metallic freshies from Wen which I also like a lot.
DSC_0014.jpgDSC_0015.jpg

jeg - Oh he looks so beautiful on your pearl chain ! I'm so pleased that you love the pendant-I always want my pieces to go to true pearl lovers ! And that's definitely you !
The Labradorite necklace looks great - I love the idea of the single off set pearl but it needs to be balanced with an equal weight somewhere on the opposite side. You did a great reworking of the strand.

Syd- Nice Tahitian strand! Big enough to command attention !

Thysa- The tin cups look great and I love the long metallics !

So glad you shared your pearls, thysa! I like the color of your long metallic strand!

Thanks so much jesskat, 86C and Katbran! You guys are too kind. Since I can’t go anywhere, I’ve had lots of time to take pictures and play with pearls. I only have a few things I haven’t gotten around to taking pictures of. You’ve pretty much seen it all, so I don’t think it warrants a new thread because I just keep repeating...

Two custom strands from Kojima. I sent some SS keshi for Sarah to incorporate and she came up with these two strands with all four ends having open clasps. Very versatile! Paired with a strand I made from two harvest bracelets from PP, and adding some of the same SS keshi. And earrings I made.
3270FFF0-7E31-49AC-975D-457FB2858AD2.jpeg

9AC44A4B-4081-46FF-B221-F537ED5D7E85.jpg

Last edited:
OMG, too many gorgeous looks to comment on. I love them all.

Ridiculously hot here. I only leave the house on Saturday morning to do grocery shopping. Nobody sees my pearls but Greg and you. And the lighting is too bright. Even in the shade of my house the pearls get washed out on my phone camera.

Tahitian keshi tin-cup and ombre' tin-cup from Kojima. Black and white Tahitian studs from Kamoka.

66A8A3C3-FB6B-4008-B7AA-FC477A86537F_1_201_a.jpg

SOC ring from Douglas and PP.

B531E411-6560-4F81-B9E1-D097FD25BD86_1_201_a.jpg

2D157DFB-E521-4FD4-8F8F-36E1AA3A4C3E_1_201_a.jpg

Reborn pearls earrings and necklace worn with the Hamentaschen from Pacific Pearls.

82C80E08-D5DD-4DFF-BA37-8A0C36082087_1_201_a.jpg

New Rainbow tin-cup worn with Greg Who pendant. Mikimoto huggies.

F5EAC542-7491-4BCE-90FB-E6A772B3E7D7_1_201_a.jpg

The tin-cup looks great on this navy T-shirt, but it's next to impossible to capture the colors of the pearls.

Last edited:
WOW!!! Some really beautiful pearls here! I love them all!
Thank you for sharing your pearls, Thysa. Your Tahitians look wonderful on your long metallic chain. I just love the size, color & luster of that chain. Your wrapped pearls are nice & I bet you get a lot of wear from them.

BW, It's not as hot here but it's rainy; dreary, dreary weather. Love those tin cups & your rainbow tin cup is outstanding! The Hamentaschen looks fab with your reborns & your SOC ring is stunning!

Jeg, I love the 2 necklaces! At first, I wasn't sure about the blue & gold combo but you lovely GSS & blue Akoyas have made me fall in love with mix! I'm starting to pick up here & there some GSS & Blue Akoya so that some time in the future I'll have enough to get a long rope made. I love those keshi mixed in. I have collected a few keshi, Tahitian & golden Akoya, but they are quite small & more suited to earrings. I need to start looking for larger ones for ropes. You are my inspiration!!!

20200809_110203.jpg

Didn't look for a few days, way too hot here!
I love to see everyone's pearls, they are beauty's! It's to many to respond to everyone apart, sorry! In this warm qeather i wear my single T from Cees a lot. It's sterling silver.

Jesskat, those tahitians looks great on you.
Jeg, the Kamoka strand is gorgeous, and those mixed ropes are so beautiful.
thysa, you have some lovely pearls. Great job on the tincup.
Bweaves, your tincups are beautiful, especially your rainbow tincup.
Rianne, your tahitian pearl from Cees is stunning. I usually prefers silver as well. It goes better with my complexion.

Back