Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Pretty, BWeaves! I keep looking at different belly drilled keshi thinking I need (want) some, but I haven’t decided what type.

SydK, the whole color combination looks great together and the delicate necklace is especially sweet.

Sydk, I absolutely love the ringed T necklace - so playful, and yes, it works well with the cardi!

Silver Tahitians from Pearls By The Bay, vintage coral beads with a tiny Japanese Akoya from Kojima, and J. Hunter Fiji pearls from PP, made into a bracelet.
A44F7B21-63CE-4DEB-A48A-713578FA3FAB.jpeg

EA079C06-7A58-4491-A853-8A4FDB8CADCA.jpg

I really like that silver tahitian rope Jeg.
86Corvettegirl, those fidjis are lovely. The colors in them goes with everything.
Nice combination BWeaves. I had to laugh when I read your comment on how 8 mm now looks small. That is so true. I use to think that my 7-7,5 mm akoyas were huge when I first got them. Now they are rather smallish. Before that I had only worn graduated akoyas, the biggest pearls was 8mm, in a graduated double strand, so two pearls. The other smaller. I measured them today. Mostly of the other akoyas are 7-7,2 mm at most (in my tassels). The biggest pearl I have today in a strand is 16,5mm. That's a big difference.
SydK, the tourmaline and circled tahitians are gorgeous. I have tried dyeing mixed fabric once. The synthetic material didn't dye at all. The fabric looked really wierd, with only the cotton dyed. You can remake the buttonholes if you want. Salmon color looks horrid on me as well, I would have tried dyeing as well.

There is soooo much to love on this thread!
and This Looks Rich
B7062899-4148-4FD7-A32D-2C2D1E858228.jpeg
(I’m catching up, that’s why I included her photo. Hope it’s ok))

BW, your coin pearls are stunning with the belly drilled keshi!! You look wonderful!

SydK, you look lovely in your gemstone Tahitian necklace! It really works well with your outfit & sweater!

Jeg, another fabulous combination! Love how the coral & Akoya necklace works so well with your silver Tahitian rope & your colorful Fiji bracelet!

I had to go pick up some Rx's & I wore my favorite Tahitian ring again with my multi color pastel gumball necklace & diamond Tahitian drop earrings my husband gave me years ago. I'm also wearing my now normal hat to keep the sun off my face.

Attachments

• 20200820_170422.jpg
    20200820_170422.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Where is the time going? It's just so weird the way these quarantine days just slide into each other. And so many fabulous pearls in the past 4 days. Too many to comment on But I'll toss out the ones the spring straight to mind.
jeg - the colourful harvest rope ... wonderful The FIJI bracelet - just love it . And every combination you wear with such style.
BWeaves - the Fiji strand and all those marvellous white pearls with the LBD
Syd- The Tahitian pendant - always a winner alone or with strands. You can't go wrong.
86Corvette - Those big juicy pastels ... I'm sure they work with every colour !

Thanks so much, Charlotta, BWeaves, 86C and Katbran!

86C, it’s so good to see you back in your pearls! Beautiful Tahitians.

Mixed rope from Pearls By The Bay and a strand of metallic freshwater pearls from Pacific Pearls, with earrings I made.
069784F8-1999-4D5B-A68B-8D19FA9DB9DA.jpeg

19E6B43E-ADAA-4C79-8C33-4A72E9EC63FA.jpg

ahhhhhh OMG those metallics, jeg!! You have such an eye for beautiful pearls.

I love the "gumball" necklace, 86C. Such a pretty piece.

86C and JEG: Love both your looks.

JEG: How long is the metallic strand? I like the length.

Thank you, Ladies! It feels good to be able to wear pearls again!

Jeg, you look wonderful. Like BW, I love the length of those metallics! They look copper bronze on my monitor & the colors are phenomenal! They look spectacular with your Pearls by the Bay rope...a splendid combination!

Pearls.jpg

Today's layering... Kamoka aubergine floating pearl, Kojima blue drop and Kojima tourmaline keshi dusters.

I seriously need more strands, but little bits at a time - I find myself super picky... and these are all quite colorful!

You look beautiful, Jesskat. Simple & classic....great for Summer! Love those Kojima earrings!

Last edited:
Beautiful metallics Jeg.
Those pendant and floating pearl are gorgeous Jesskat. Being picky about choosing pearls is not a bad thing. Then you only have pieces that you really love.

Wonderful light layers, jesskat! Picky is good. It’s always a good idea to buy what you are drawn to and will wear.

Thanks so much, BWeaves, 86C, jesskat and Charlotta!

BWeaves, the actual strand is 19 1/2”. I have a 5” mini strand of Tahitians that I use to extend my strands. It adds just enough length to get over some of my necklines, but is short enough to be hidden. I wanted a few mid-length strands and recently put together a couple 26” strands- one golden, one Tahitian and one Akoya. With the extender, that gives me a range to 30”. Perfect for layering or on their own. I”ll take some pictures soon...

I need to keep a list of the beautiful pearls everybody wears each day.

jeg, yummy metallic freshwaters,
86C, yay for no more stitches And love your gumball T’s.
SydK, my favorite combo of the day. The tourmaline and T necklace is perfect with that delicious dyed cashmere, and love the plaid dress. I always got a new plaid dress to start school each year and I’m still so strongly attracted to plaids. Must be the little bit of Scot in me.

Here’s a close up pic that I think I’ve posted before. The color is a coppery, green, purply, pink.
265CD20F-B8E2-4AD1-97E1-F236F4E7DCA2.jpg

A white SS strand. The pearls are from Australia and are grown in wild caught oysters. Worn with a white Tahitian pendant on a pearl chain from Kojima, with earrings I made.
20CDFEE2-7DF4-4A87-A3B4-5E69DC528036.jpeg

17EF0E8A-98F8-4DFE-9187-E869CAC1D180.jpg

Back