Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

I haven't posted here in a long time, but I just wanted to let you all know that I look at this thread most days, and I'm continually in awe of all the beautiful pearls you all sport!

Thank you, 86C! Enjoy that beautiful new pendant!!

Looking forward to seeing your new earrings Parrot Lady! I’m sure it was worth the fall off the island. ;)

A strand of Tahitians with pretty green and aqua banding from PP. Worn with Tahitian earrings and a random rope I made.
6CCADE51-BD3B-4BCB-8A5E-283208FE801A.jpeg

02580C30-0CC4-4BB1-AC96-210DEB6E1718.jpg

I'm in catch-up mode!

Jeg, that wave of blue/gold/white rounds is PHENOM. I am absolutely in awe.

BWeaves, that ombre combo with the Snowman + Rainbow earrings is beyond stunning. I love how it expresses. Like Syd, I wondered about how it would translate on - obviously very well on the right person! Also, I really loved the close-up shot of you in your blues, because you get to see how blue they really are!

JEG: Your T's are almost Fijian in color. Gorgeous.

Thanks Jesskat. My blues are some of the darkest blue and pinks I've seen. They don't photograph as colorful as they really are. Hisano (PP) picked them some of them, so that tells you how deep blue they are. I keep staring at my new ombre' tin-cup. I wish I could photograph all the colors in it. It's much more colorful than my photos show.

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL, BW. I sure hope so!! I'm back on Ban Island sipping on Mango Margaritas! I'm going to be here for a while.

Parrot Lady, I can't wait to see your new earrings. We went through the same thing with our youngest so I empathize. And...I have another batch of Mango Margaritas coming up!

Charlotta, the hand is healing well & stitches come out next week. The chemo gel treatment is just nasty! I go back next month to have the doctor check that. The blistering is over; now it's tender & really red. I keep a bandage on it also.

Glad your back, Incik! Don't these ladies have some glorious pearls?!

Love the T's, Jeg! That is some beautiful banding on your PP strand! Love your random rope & earrings, too! You look fabulous! Wouldn't you know it....all the pearls I ordered to make earrings & do a couple of necklaces are all here & I can't use my hand to create anything! Pearl Gods are playing a practical joke on me! LOL

Wow,wow,wow! Bweaves and Jeg, I love all the colorful pearls and the layering!
86C, your maki-e is gorgeous!

Jeg those Tahitians have beautiful tones!

BWeaves, I keep looking at your ombré necklace, it’s so beautiful and I love the position of the pearls and their colors! Just perfection!

86C and her mango margaritas got me motivated today! I’ve been eyeing the Coravine system for like a long time now, and I finally cave in and bought one! I’m looking forward to enjoy a zip of wine any time I want without having to coerce my husband to join me so I can justify opening a nice bottle of wine!

Oh my, 86C, yes they do! I feel redundant if I reply to every post because it's always "Wow! I love it!" :). Always!!

Thank you BWeaves, Charlotta, Lilpearl and 86C!:eek:

Pretty, soft, summery colors in your bracelets, Frost Me!

Bailey, I really like the 8-10mm size. Very wearable. Looks great on its own and also lends well to layering.

More goldens and blues... A Kojima mixed strand of SS and Akoya/keshi. I put together the other strands- the shorter necklace with gemstones and Myanmar pearls/keshi, and the rope with Vietnamese Akoya.
View attachment 75386

View attachment 75387

Sarah is wonderful about making special orders. The only problem would be if the pearls are not available. When that happens I put my order in and wait until she goes on a buying trip ;)

Thanks so much, jesskat, BWeaves, 86C, Bailey, and Lilpearl!

Looking forward to seeing your projects, 86C! Hope your hand and cheek are rapidly healing.

I know what you mean Incik Boncuk. I can’t think of any new superlatives. :eek:

Wearing long shoulder dusters from Pearls By The Bay. They are made of vintage bone carvings, pearls, puka shells, and aquamarine. Worn with a giant puka shell from Hawaii.
6358578C-1C06-40A0-B874-B2AE2A003DF4.jpeg

148CBA7F-07DE-46E9-B50A-68064303EC74.jpg

So many beautiful pearls, thanks everybody be for sharing. Agree that finding new superlatives is tricky.
86C, the maki-e are spectacular! Wear them in good health. The chemo cream is a fixture for various friends and relatives here in Australia who grew up pre-sunscreen, and given my freckles, I’m sure is in my future - dreadful stuff, but apparently effective.
Jeg, loving your summery vibe. I’m still in layers of wool here at the tail end of the Southern Hemisphere winter and dreaming of warmth - but thinking of all of you who are experiencing these terrible heat waves.
Keep the pearly pics coming, ladies.

Like Incik Boncuk and Bailey, I check out this thread most days, and am always delighted even if I don't post a comment. Thanks everyone for your inspirational images. Jeg, those unique shoulder dusters have a wonderfully fresh colour palette and variety of textures. BWeaves, your new ombre suits you fantastically well. 86Corvettegirl, I'm glad things are going in the right direction. Your new maki-e pendant looks glorious. SydK, I'm still in wool too (black wool, being a Melbournian):

IMG_2835 cropped.jpg

I wear these with spiky earrings to tone down the formality. It also helps that the pearls are baroque.

Ann G, I LOVE that look - the big baroques and spiky earrings are a perfect balance.

My pearls today are these pretty, simple, little freshwater lavender pearls.
C5634FA5-6DBA-48C6-8F58-3C96CC7DAE36.jpg

But I also spent some time today playing with my pearls (as one does :rolleyes:) and made some torsades. I will never wear them like this (too formal), but it was fun.
C2261F4D-F749-43BC-B32A-D3E954B950F6.jpg
CD91F06F-B96A-442F-BC7D-502E3CB38E9A.jpg
F1D98917-4A5F-41B6-B1E1-4123863C6261.jpg

Gorgeous pearls and creations Jeg. Those ringed tahitians are really pretty and your earrings with the carved bones are nice and summery.
Ann G, I like your baroque strands. They look great with the spiky earrings.
SydK, nice lavenders. Your torsades looks great, it's been to hot here to wear anything that close to the neck. Longer strands and rope are fine. I night try this during the winter though.
86Corvettegirl, I'm happy that everything is healing like it should. I hope you don't have to use that gel again though.

Thanks so much, 86C, BWeaves, SydK , AnnG and Charlotta!

AnnG. I really love those chubby drop shapes in your two strands!

SydK, those are great combinations you put together and I think you definitely should wear them! :D

Back