Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Ventured off ban island, but in a very small and inexpensive way. I saw this necklace on the website of a local gold/silversmith/gallery owner and loved the handmade clasp. The pearls are nothing special cfw, but I thought I might be more inclined to wear white pearls if I didn’t associate them with “dress up”, and if I don’t like them, I’ll just use the clasp with different pearls. ( I can’t tell you how far I had to stretch my neck to straighten out the turkey wattle.)

IMG 6801

Very good news, 86C! Thank you for your update. I think you might have to change to tin cups, or stretchy bracelets, or something lighter for the next two weeks because Kanaloa would count as heavy lifting! ;)

Parrot Lady, what a cool artisan clasp. I love local handmade designs and it looks perfect around your neck.

Charlotta, the early strands were softer more pastel colors. Today, there is more of a prevalence of vivid colors and/or metallic luster.

Last edited:
Light and simple, wearing seashell earrings I made, with my Kojima Sparkle and Spice necklace.
IMG 6804 (2)

IMG 6803 (2)

Parrot Lady: That is a really cool clasp.

JEG: Those are nice and summery.

I got the Spring Petal pearl today from Kojima. It's very pretty with lots of iridescence, but I'm not in love with it as much as the other two pearls, so I'm sending it back.

IMG 6808

On the Kojima website, it was called "Rippled Rainbow Chinese freshwater pearl pendant." It should be back on their website by next week.

Very nice clasp and pearls Parrot Lady.
Jeg, I really like that sparkle and spice necklace. And thank you for the information of the edisons. I am so curious as how they get those deeper colors that we see today.
Pretty pendant Bweaves, but better that someone else buys it if you don't really love it.

Charlotta, I love your mismatched SS pearls!

Sydek, your fireball is beautiful!

Jeg, I can’t never tired of admiring your collection and ways of wearing multiple strands, lovely!!

86C, I hope your recovery is going well!!

86C, it sounds like you have a great surgeon! I hope your successful surgery heals well, rapidly and with little distress for you. Just relax, read and enjoy all the beautiful pearls here; we'll know you're reading along even if you're not stressing your hand :).

I've maxed out my vacation days at work, since I haven't gone anywhere. So, I had to use it or lose it. I took today off and drove around just to use up a bit of my gas from March, so it doesn't go bad. I wore Tahitians. The lady behind the counter at the Post Office loved them. I was mailing the Spring Petal pearl back to Kojima.

Green and lavender mismatched studs, and The Goddess pendant from Kamoka. Long Tahitian tin-cup from Kojima worn double. SoC ring (not photographed).

44447E88-6701-4CD0-A8E9-E9680F0FCE8F_1_201_a.jpg

I'm really having Ruckus / Pearls by the Bay withdrawal. I ordered a necklace from Kojima today. I decided if the stock market was up at the end of today, I'd grab my winnings and buy pearls. It's a rainbow ombre' tin-cup. I've been wanting one forever, and whenever one's for sale I dither too long and someone else always snatches it up. Sarah's adding an orbit clasp for me, so I can wear pendants on it.

Last edited:
Beautiful pearls ladies! I lurk almost everyday and quietly admire all your pearls.

Bweaves, I can't wait to see your rainbow ombre. What a beautiful addition to your amazing collection!

I finally had a chance to wear my GSS ombre today for lunch dates with friends. The pendant and earrings were from loose pearls I put together myself.
GSS0807.jpg 20200807_140544.jpg

Bailey1856. Wow, your SS pearls look gorgeous. That's another type of pearl necklace that's been on my wishlist.

Thanks everyone for you comments on my fireball. I’m really enjoying my pendants at the moment.
86C, so glad it went well!
Lilpearl, great layers.
Love the green mix, Bweaves, and the combination of shapes with that neckline. I’ve seen your new ombré on the Kojima site, and it’s spectacular. Can’t wait to see it when it arrives. You are so stocked up with summer, lightweight pendants and tin cups now. I wonder if you will feel like getting your heavier strands out again when it gets cooler (as much as it ever gets cool in Florida)?
Bailey, that looks gorgeous - such a fun, fresh combination with the lemons and all the yellow and white.

Beautiful pearls, Ladies!
Love the clasp, Parrot Lady!
Jeg, you look fabulous as always!
Sorry Spring Petal didn't work out for you, BW! I'm sure you will find the perfect Spring pearl! And I love your Tahitian tin cups paired with Goddess!
Love your casual Tahitian look, Lilpearl.
Bailey, gorgeous Golden ombré necklace. That's one that's on my wishlist!
SydK, beautiful gem & Tahitian necklace paired with your gorgeous fireball!!

Keep the pics coming, Ladies! I changed the bandage on my hand this evening & it looks good considering. I think my pearl wearing will be limited to strands I can slip over my head since I can't really manipulate clasps. I have also started the 3 day chemo gel treatment for the place that was biopsied on the right side cheekbone. I think it may be worse than the surgery. But I will persevere. Thank goodness it's only a 3 day treatment. All your pearl pics are making my day!

That long tahitian tincup is gorgeous Bweaves, no wonder the postal lady was impressed. I think that I did see your new rainbow tincup on the kojima website, gorgeous. Can't wait to see it.
Bailey1856, your ombre south sea strand is glorious. So pretty.
That’s a pretty ombre rope SydK.
The chemo gel sounds dreadful. I hope it's not to horrible.

SydK: Love the pendant and pearl chain, and love the grey ombre' rope.

86C: Get will soon.

All pearls from Kojima today. Beachy Tin-cup and feather pendant necklaces. Summer Rainbow and Winter Snowman drops on Mom's diamond hoops. They feel OK weight wise. I've worn them all day. But I bet my earlobes go, AHHH when I take them off.

66A4FC4D-CACE-46F6-9B8E-CDEF48CE2A28_1_201_a.jpg

Has anyone who has been to Kojima in person recently seen that antler necklace in person? Tried it on? What did you think?

Last edited:
Back