Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Hi Pearl Dreams, Charlotta, jeg, 86 Corvettegirl and BWeaves! Thank you for the welcome! I got back from work this evening and gave them a gentle(ish) clean, specifically the silver (an Oral-B may have been involved!) Then spent an hour and a half trying to get a photo or two with my old DSLR, and then work out a way to get the pictures from the memory card onto my phone.. I even rubbed them together and everything, but to no avail, so I ended up with an LED work light and phone camera.

86 Corvettegirl & BWeaves, They are clip-on/screw on, they were a bit bent but I've straightened them out a bit. Thank you both for the info on the period, it's interesting to find out Mikimoto made this sort of style around then. Here are some slightly better pics of some less grubby earrings, before they head off to the recipient 🙂

Thanks again, Barny

IMG_20200803_002452.jpg
IMG_20200803_003017.jpg
IMG_20200803_001947.jpg

Thanks all for your comments on my new pendant. I really am pleased with the quirky shape and shiny surface.
Jeg, I love that golden combo - golden SS are not for me (I’m too pink and the effect is clashy), but I always admire them on others, and they look great on you.
Your comment about me possibly needing a winter snowman reminded me that I did get a new white fireball recently (ban island - ha!), which has a lovely wintry, icy-blue sheen. I haven’t worn it yet - maybe tomorrow.
B03A55D4-4229-4222-A047-146ED47E1AC1.jpg

Thanks, SydK! Goldens can be kind of tricky, but I think they are a happy pearl because they remind me of the sun. Your new pendant is kind of like a snow angel!

I bought a new pendant myself last week. It might be a little like the color BWeaves is looking for- golden with some green. It’ll be awhile before I actually have it because it’s coming from Katbran in Australia.

BRM-UK, those cleaned up well. I hope that the recipient will get lots of use out of them.
SydK, that’s a pretty pendant.
Can't wait to see your new pendant from Katbran Jeg, she has gorgeous pearls. I think that golden south sea are such happy pearls. They reminds me of my daffodils. Happy and with the promise of spring, winters in sweden can be a bit gloomy.
Bweaves, greenish golden south sea pearls are so pretty. My frog pendant is medium golden with a hint of green. It surely is my favorite pendant. It's perfectly vimsical. Happy hunting.

So, just because I don’t wear golden pearls doesn’t mean I don’t have a shortlist of them just in case I should change my mind...
Here are my current greenish-gold/ goldish-green favourites on Etsy (you know, just in case anyone here needs inspiration to buy more pearls!)
E6B53F52-6730-46CE-B7E0-0FFB32662CB9.jpg
BD931077-1196-486E-AC0A-5A8043E859FA.jpg
D512E8CC-025B-4394-A5C8-4D494A47B754.jpg
284BC66D-6131-4926-A618-831BF3058CF1.jpg

Last edited:
I think you really need to complete the seasons, SydK!;):rolleyes:

Here’s the one I have coming from Katbran. Golden with some green and pink overtones.
92F357B3-C7A1-473E-8655-F9017F708C78.jpg

BRM-UK, since these are screw backs, I would agree with BW in the era of 40's to early 60's. They cleaned up beautifully.

SydK, your white pendant is gorgeous with it's beautiful luster & iridescence! Lovely green pearls too!

Jeg, that golden pendant is spectacular! I love the overtones & can't wait to see mod shots!

No pearls for me today....in fact, no jewelry at all. I'm off for a body massage & then to have my hair trimmed & my roots colored. Getting all that done before I have hand surgery on Wednesday. The biopsy on my hand came back as aggressive form of skin cancer so surgery was scheduled. Don't know how much I will be posting afterwards until I see how much I will be able to use my right hand fingers to type.

Keep posting my Pearl Lovelies! You all make my day with all your treasures! Love to all of you!

oh man, jeg, I wondered who'd gotten that pendant! I'm so glad it stayed within the p-g family! It's super pretty :)

LOL, why am I not surprised you bought the golden pendant I had my eye on, Jeg? Congratulations!

86, wishing you all the best with your upcoming hand surgery. Hope you recover quickly, but do be careful. Just read and recover, and know we're thinking healing thoughts for you.

BRM-UK: Your Miki earrings cleaned up nice. The pearls themselves are gorgeous.

86C: Best of luck with your surgery. Kick cancer out.

SydK and JEG: Wow, I'm drooling over your new pendants. I love the slightly green and the pistachio South Sea pearls.

Winter Snowman just arrived. He's quite a bit smaller than I imagined, but exactly the size Kojima told me he would be. He's a nice paring with Summer Rainbow. I think I may wear them as a pair of earrings. Here they are posing with my Kasumi pendant from Kojima.

5148C19B-E85A-4202-911D-1F2F69924AF4_1_201_a.jpg

I never named my Kasumi pearl. Autumn Leaves, I think.

Spring Petal is on it's way to me from Kojima. I think I should stop buying stuff now, although I really love those greenish SS pearls you all posted.

Jeg, your new pendant is a beauty!

BWeaves, your three pendants are beautiful, the snowman and summer rainbow look like tweenies and would look great as earring jackets and the colors on that Kasumi pendant is incredible!

Thanks so much, 86C, CathyKeshi, jesskat, BWeaves and Lilpearl! I couldn’t resist the shape and color of that pendant.

86C! I will be thinking positive thoughts for your speedy recovery. Take good care, and if you can peck with your other hand, let us know how you are doing.

BWeaves, that Kasumi pendant is still my favorite, but your newest additions are pretty great, too. You will have fun with the mixing and matching.

Hot today and dry. The hurricane totally missed us and sucked all the moisture out of the air.

I wore The Swan on the white gold knit choker, and dyed blue grey drops with attached topaz hoops from Kojima.

14845A7C-0FB5-46E5-89D9-2EB308634E13_1_201_a.jpg

Then I swapped out the earrings for the Summer Rainbow and Winter Snowman on Mom's large diamond hoops. I think I'm in love. They have presence.

68CF6BED-1D77-471A-B193-B755050BD374_1_201_a.jpg

You can really see the color of The Swan in the next couple of photos.

4969DA91-2BD9-4BBE-B6E3-496681873DE6_1_201_a.jpg

D283A3EB-F4A2-4126-A55D-395CBD3BDC90_1_201_a.jpg

If I was going to wear The Swan with those earrings, I would put it on the yellow gold knit choker. The yellow gold choker is an inch longer, too, and I think that would look better with the larger drops since they hang lower.

Thank you, everyone for the positive thoughts. I'll definitely need them Wednesday. This is the worst one I've had removed. Since my regular appointment was cancelled due to COVID & I wasn't able to get an appointment til this month because of back up, my doctor said that gave it the opportunity to grow. If I had been able to go to my regular appointment, we would have caught it when it was just starting, but it is what it is. I've been dealing with skin cancer for almost 2 decades & have always caught it early. So we will see on Wednesday but the surgeon is confident he can get it all. I have a nail appointment tomorrow cause it will be a while before I can get them done again.

BW, Winter Snow is wonderful with fantastic luster & color!! I just love him paired with Summer Rainbow! He looks great with the Swan too. In fact, all your pendants are spectacular!! I love the idea of naming your Kasumi pendant Autumn Leaves! Perfect name for the colors in the pendant!!

Wearing my newest SS rope from Kojima, with earrings from Hawaii. Earrings are made of tiny cascading pearls with peridot and pink chalcedony. There are a couple pearls on the white rope that have silver blue banding.
F49D35C4-5AC0-4902-9C73-082B61737A7C.jpeg

E2E9E861-9D7C-4AF6-82BD-1D7C2A335C8E.jpg

86Corvettegirl, I hope that the surgery goes well and that you recover fast.
That greenish golden pendant is beautiful Jeg. So special. And your new white south sea rope is stunning as well, personally I really like when there are some other colors present even in a one colored strand. Gives the pearls an edge and there is something to look at. Just gorgeous.
Bweaves, Winter snowman is so cute, and has amazing luster. Summer rainbow and Winter snowman are great as a mismatched pair. I think that La Perlagrina would look great with Winter snowman as well, but I guess it has the wrong bail for that. Winter snowman looks a bit like the white south sea pearl in my mismatched south sea earrings from Pearlescence.
_20200802_132439.jpg
I love those earrings. Maybe I should should call them Snowdrops and Daffodils. Both favorite spring flowes of mine.

Last edited:
Thank you everyone for your kind comments. There's so much to catch up on!
SydK: I think drop shapes are my favourite now, too. You have a lovely variety of drop pendants. And your new fireball is very lustrous!
Jeg: That Kojima golden SS pendant is a stunner. The white SS rope is lovely too. Pearls just look really good on you!
BRM-UK: Those retro earrings are ladylike and have great presence.
86Corvettegirl: Sorry to hear about your hand. I hope the surgeon gets a clear margin and that it heals up well.
BWeaves: Your new pendants look great as earrings too. Isn't multipurpose jewellery the best?
Charlotta: Good name idea! Yes, maybe Winter Snowman is a long-lost cousin to your Snowdrop...

Back