Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

86Corvettegirl, I'll step in till Jeg has time to come back with more lovelies :). PBTB is shorthand for Pearls By The Bay, last summer's pearl meeting, get-together and all around fabulous pearl time in Sausalito, hosted by Sarah C, Fuji and Kojima Pearl Company. All day event, followed by an antique sailing schooner sunset ride out and around Golden Gate Bridge; special appearance by some bay dolphins. It was fabulous.

Thanks, Cathy. I should have figured that out myself since I wanted to go but wasn't able to make it due to prior commitment. I did see all the pics & I know a good time was had by all!!!

Another hot & humid day in Ga. I went with the youngest son to help with the house hunt. I wore my 8-9mm green Tahitians & green Tahitian Tanzanite diamond earring all from David Norman. Today was definitely not a day for layering.

Attachments

• 20200723_151855.jpg
    20200723_151855.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 30
86C. love the Tanzanite, diamond and Tahitian drop earrings, and the T choker is gorgeous.

It's been very hot here, too. Almost no layering. I've been trying to wear pearls I haven't worn in a while (or forgot I owned, cough cough).

My first blue akoyas from PP, strung to 17 inches. Metallic freshie drops worn on Mom's diamond hoops.

IMG_8459.jpg

Kojima feather pendant and Beachy tin-cup.

IMG_8475.jpg

Mikimoto yellow gold huggies.

IMG_8472.jpg

Kojima Tahitian keshi tin-cups.

IMG_8487.jpg

Kojima Tahitian and opal drop earrings. I also wore Mom's opal ring.

IMG_8488.jpg

Oddly enough, I've been wearing sleeveless wool dresses from Smartwool and from Wool&. Very comfortable in the air conditioning.

Thanks BWeaves, 86C, and to CathyKeshi for clarifying! I was too lazy to spell it all out. Yes, Pearls By The Bay. It was so much fun. Sigh... Almost exactly a year ago when we were all free.

86C, those earrings mirror the hydrangea perfectly! Beautiful with that gorgeous green strand.

What can I say, BWeaves- Love all the pearl goodies you cycled into your rotation!

Thanks, Lilpearl, BW, & Jeg! I haven't worn those earrings in a while so they needed to be put into rotation.

BW, all your looks are fantastic!! So light, fresh, & airy looking. If it stays this hot, my tin cups will be making an appearance.

Last edited:
Gorgeous pearls as always Jeg, I really like the red accents in the sparkle and spice rope.
Your green tahitians are faboulous 86Corvettegirl. Someday I will get a green strand of my own, maybe with diffrent green tahitians and the odd white or silver tahitian for contrast.
Bweaves, you look lovely in all your pearls. That beachy rope is really interesting, with the added pearls like charms. I have to try that one day.

Thanks, Bernadette & Charlotta! The green pearls are actually darker than what shows up in the picture as it was taken outside in the shade.

HOT, HOT, HOT today. I haven't worn these in a while so I decided to show them some love....large golden iridescent freeform soufflé pearls with matching earrings. very hard to capture the colors & iridescence.
I still can't wear a bra due to the spots the Dermatologist remove. It's ok cause I'm more comfortable. LOL

Attachments

• 20200724_160115.jpg
    20200724_160115.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 21
Thank you, Bernadette and Charlotta! The red accents are little coral beads. There are coral beads, gold beads and purple gemstones. A pretty combination that I was happily surprised at all the clothes it blends with.

86C! You are a true pearl lover to wear anything around your neck in that heat. I know I wouldn’t be able to do that. You are looking nice and cool in your souffles. Fun, fluffy shapes on that strand!

Thanks, Jeg! I decided to wear these because they're not heavy & comfortable to wear. It was either that or a tin cup & I don't have a golden tin cup yet.

Lot's of beads - glass cloudberries on kangaroo leather cord, fiery agate & turquoise on coral silk - and one little Fiji Keshi to justify posting here. ;) Hach, I love summery jewellery.

Screen Shot 2020-07-25 at 14.18.00.jpg

*yay, uploading with a different browser worked*

Last edited:
Morella, your description sounds like a party! I am so disappointed not to see it. :eek: wah...

Andy Muller mini wave strand, and a Kojima white Tahitian pendant, worn on a dangly keshi tin cup I made.
BE6B4DFF-6E8A-406E-A1F5-54E0ABAD0856.jpeg

94017C05-C4B9-49AD-A8A7-2A61D1450F63.jpg

86Corvettegirl, such pretty souffles. I don't envy you the heat.
Jeg I love that wavestrand. So pretty.

Thanks Charlotta! The waves create a bit of fun.

Yay, you were able to post your pic, Morella! And I’m so glad because it IS a party on your neck! I love the colors of turquoise and orange together. A happy combination.

Thanks Katbran & Charlotta. The heat has been brutal this week.

Love your necklace party, Morella! Bright, colorful, & perfect for summer!

Jeg, your Andy Muller wave necklace is splendid! And the Kojima pendant on the Tahitian keshi necklace you made...Ooh LaLa!!

Last edited:
Jeg, your Andy Muller wave necklace is splendid! And the Kojima pendant on the Tahitian keshi necklace necklace you made...Ooh LaLa!!

Merci, 86C!!

Worn again with silvery blue Tahitian and aquamarine earrings-
EB94D52D-73B1-43EE-B59F-6E350DCD09D1.jpeg

837D9151-F8F9-45F7-B0A0-7018F9FEE114.jpg

Last edited:
Beautiful pearls jeg, your earrings are gorgeous.
Wonderful combination morella, now that I can see it.

Lots of beautiful summer looks here! Jeg, that Wave strand is so so beautiful! Looks great on anything, but that last outfit is a cool shady breeze!

Morella, what a fun summer fiesta your jewelry is! NO "justification" needed ;)

Hot here too, in the PA rainforest jungles. The pots of tomatoes are in attack mode, I had to subdue an angry tiger in the car yesterday (throw ice cream sandwiches at it and tell it to shut up ... oh, and DON'T let it in your car for the next set of errands, YIKES), but the fresh vegetables are ready, corn is tall and the corn farm has bag after bag of big, full, incredibly delicious "butter and sugar" ears of corn. (also guaranteed to subdue angry tigers) So the seasons move on, we'll get through the heat, and hopefully inch closer to vaccines and medicines. Sure is easier to get through with all you lovely friends posting such beauty.

Back