Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

SydK love your restrung akoyas with the ruby spacer beads. I’ve been in a ruby phase myself recently.

86C I’ve never seen bracelets like those. What a smart buy 40 years ago! Good luck with the biopsy. I’m paying the price now for my suntanning youth. I haven’t been out in the sun for 30 years but the damage was already done.

Thanks, SydK & Parrot Lady. Yes, I'm paying now for growing up in the sun. In my day, we didn't know what sunscreen was. I don't get out in it anymore but, like you, the damage was done in my youth. I've had several MOS (not sure if that's spelled right) to remove precancerous spots. My dermatologist froze off about 8 spots before they could turn into anything along with doing the biopsies. I hope to hear from the Dr this week. I recently found the gemstone bracelets; I have 3, amethyst, blue topaz, peridot. I found the bangle bracelet today. It's a little snug on the wrist now & not very comfortable but I still like it.

SydK, I love your circle & stripes look!

SydK, that akoya strand with little rubies is VERY pretty! Well done :)

Jeg, SeaGlass is in my top 5 favorite strands of all time; love to see it again!!!

BWeaves, that shark tooth pendant has such personality; I've never liked shark tooth items; that one is wonderful.

Parrot Lady, I like the colors on your new freshwater necklace. Like you I prefer these colors; the gold highlights are really lovely. Let's see it right side up!

View attachment 54225080 368762257053860 6680530829577289728 n

Gorgeous bracelets 86Corvettegirl. I hope that your biopsi goes well. I am thankful that I always avoided the sun, even though it was very popular in the 80:s when I was a teenager. I get heatstroke easily and itch rashes from sun and heat. It must be from living in a cold rainy climate. Mostly I have a bluish kind of pale complexion, not-husband says corpses might have better color than me.
SydK, that’s a pretty circled strand. Circles often have so many colors in them, I have some circled tahitians that has the most pretty spring green or intense aqua colors in them. I never see those colors in round pearls.

What a wonderful treat for eyes this page is!!!

Jeg, I am in the club of your Seaglass fans, I adore that strand and your ombre as well! They go incredibly well together, and your earrings are just lovely...all your creations...
BWeaves, the Goddess looks so happy on your neck! Love it!
86C that is one deluxe bracelet party you have going on! Hoping you’ll get good news from your Dr.
Parrot Lady what a lovely levander strand! Very nice colors and shapes, looks very versatile...
SydK I love your reinvented akoyas! Now I need some ruby beads...

I have a bracelet to share from Li made from a half-strand that has recently arrived, I am very happy with the colors, will be my summer bracelet of 2020 :) Wishing everyone a beautiful Sunday!

F76B4587-D709-4461-B27D-34C73892FF91.jpg

You have super pearl powers 86C, to forego comfort and your heat to bling out in pearls! I hope your hand doesn’t require more than a band-aid. :eek:

SydK, the circles and stripes work perfectly together!

Eolian, I love the soft, rolling pinks and greens in your bracelet! It’s dreamy...:p

I just finished this necklace from a collection of random Myanmar pearls and keshi. I used little gemstone spacers that were from a little treasure box of gems sent to me from dear CathyKeshi. Thank you, Cathy!!:eek:

Necklace and earrings made of Myanmar pearls and keshi, and gemstone beads.
View attachment 54515899 1989897071132276 2397893864993062912 n

View attachment 54230796 636208396826534 1529312385225981952 n

Worn again with lengths of tiny Akoya pearls/keshi and earrings of golden SS keshi, white Myanmar keshi, and golden SS pearls.
View attachment 53794403 2012312685729269 5117070705569038336 n

9BDBBAEB-19F3-42CE-A623-BF33C7689D0E.jpg

What a wonderful summer bracelet eolian pearls.
You have been creative Jeg, beautiful creations. It's funny that I just opened pearl guide and you have made a pearl and gemstone necklace. I made one myself today. I have been thinking about it for a week but didn't have the time to finish it. In different colors, mine is made out of neon blue apatites and baroque tahitians.

OH WOW! So many pearls since I posted yesterday. I love them all. The ones you ladies have designed and strung yourselves are my favorites.

Love seeing all the beautiful pearly creations!
jeg, you are still on a roll of beauty making!

Thanks so much Charlotta, lisa c, BWeaves, and Marianne! Charlotta, I’m thinking about making one out of Tahitians myself. I might rework the last strand I bought in Hawaii with, I think, are Iolite beads. It has a beautiful single off-set pearl, but the weight of it keeps shifting it to the center.

Keeping it simple and light with a freshwater tin cup and seashell earrings. The seashells are from the Marshall Islands and are the brightest white seashells I have ever seen. Not sure what species, but the lip is thick and shiny like a type of cowrie.
F7191137-6AE8-425F-8A84-C040D30D1AC0.jpeg

8487049B-C985-40FD-9F5B-A7D7937BE8BB.jpg

Eolian, I love the colors & luster of your bracelet! Perfect colors for Summer!!
My, Oh, My! Jeg you continue to amaze with your creations! You look stunning & are setting the bar high for the rest of us!

As for me, it's so freaking hot that about all I can do today is a pair of silver shoulder dusters with silvery Tahitians.

Attachments

• 20200720_132602_002.jpg
    20200720_132602_002.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 31
Gorgeous new earrings Jeg. You are right that sometimes something beautiful isn't all that practical and looks all wrong when worn. I made a pretty tiny tincup chain out of tiny aquamarines and really small akoyas, just with wirewrapping. Had I added just one link between each wirewrapped bead it would look better worn, now the tiny wirewrapping kind of tangles ( not really tangles but angle itself wierd). It's still pretty but I don't have time to adjust my jewelry all the time.
Gorgeous earrings 86Corvettegirl.

86C, you are too kind. It’s all for fun, right?! I love seeing everyone’s pearls. And thanks for reminding me about those shoulder dusters that you and Puranha wear so well. I need to make something with flower charms!

I agree Charlotta, I find wire wrapped pieces a little more fussy because the links can lock up. I like the look, though.

Thanks, Ladies. Yes, Puranha is such a great inspiration! She's so creative! Like you Jeg, she has been a great muse for me. My neighbor wants me to make her a pair of Tahitian & silver flower earring, just not as long, 2-3 flowers instead 5. It hit 101 today. Just too hot & muggy for any kind of necklace.

I love all the creativity being showcased on this thread recently, and over on Charlotta’s thread - so many ideas to be inspired by. Big thumbs up to all the long earrings, in particular. I’m not wearing long dangles at the moment, because the get tangled in my winter coats and scarves, but I’m definitely collecting ideas for the summer.
I’m also starting to covet those lighter golden purple strands from Lipearl - such beautiful colours. But I need to wade out of the Sea of Pearly Temptation and make my way back to Ban Island again for a while.
Thanks everyone for sharing :)

The rescue boat keeps getting bigger SydK! Speaking of winter, I was looking for some flower charms after seeing 86C’s earrings but some of the ones I really wanted are outside the US. I was thinking I should order some snowflake charms instead because it will take that long to get here. I’m about ready to raid my sea glass collection now...

P.S. SydK, if you find any seashells while wading to shore, let me know!

A copper Tahitian strand from PP with more seashell earrings.
CE3C7442-2589-4FA3-A5AD-619FBD726A50.jpeg

1B6A7E9A-5C82-452F-927D-CBDC88966783.jpg

Last edited:
Love the copper tones of your T's Jeg & I really like the contrast of the gemstones with the darker spotted shells!! Snowflake earrings sound fabulous! Elegant Dreams on Etsy is where I got the flower findings & they ship from the US. I haven't looked to see if they have snowflakes, though. Snowflakes with South Seas sound dreamy!

Back