Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Very pretty tincup and earrings jeg and that mixed rope is stunning.
You look fabulous in that tahitian and south sea rope red.
Bweaves, the Swan in gorgeous. You could really use a kamoka tincup living in Florida but I think that you don't really need a facelift.

Fabulous, Jeg! I love your mixed strand with the blues & coppery luster! Your earrings are such a perfect match! You are an earring maven!!

I love that Swan (heeheehee), I love the frogs, octopi, bugs...

I love the mixed strands, too - lots of visual pizzazz without the weight.
Except, who am I kidding, the visuals are worth everything! As far as weight, I’d say “Hurt me, hurt me!” for those glorious hues. I’ll take the strain.

Last edited:
Thanks BWeaves, Charlotta, 86C and Lisa! I love mixed strands, too...obviously... where’s the smack head emoji?

LisaC, you are a crack up, The weight doesn’t bother me so much, but I keep it lighter when the weather warms up. Fortunately we don’t get that hot humid weather.

Thanks 86C- I am having the best time making (and wearing) earrings. I ordered an earring display rack and had to turn around and order a second. Where’s that smack head emoji, again?!

Yesterday, simple drops that are go-tos, freshwaters that glow, I love them.
7F7429B2-DC61-4BE4-983B-BEE4A0610ABF.jpg
E2B6091E-C5E2-4608-8584-7534E8899713.jpg
I tried to put the pics side by side to get the image smaller, but just didn’t get it right. Sorry about that.

Thanks 86C- I am having the best time making (and wearing) earrings. I ordered an earring display rack and had to turn around and order a second. Where’s that smack head emoji, again?!

Jeg, where on earth are you finding all these wonderful keshi pearls for you earrings? Are you finding them on your trips or are you buying from a reputable seller? I would love to know so I can begin to stock up. I'm still waiting on some pearls from Wen that I ordered almost 2 months ago.

Love your earrings, Lisa c! Simple & classic!

You all look SO lovely in your pearls ... all favorites of mine. Jeg, that rope is in my all time top 3 GSS ropes; the colors are luxurious and fascinating. I had it in my hands ... and gave up, as I couldn't get pricing. I'd already bought plenty and Walter was lurking lOL; it gives me great joy to see a friend wear it.

Red, I remember you gleefully taking those mixed pearl strands out of your goody bag, sitting with ice on your knee :). Just gorgeous.

I managed a cute pair of long mixed gem and pearl earrings today. No photos, I have my hands full getting Walter to the doctor and back. Today's fun was the surgeon saying "Continue on with the non-weight bearing for the next 5 weeks.". Er, YIKES, he's been t and carefully walking on that leg for a week now. Limited, careful, with plenty of support of the walker and knee scooter. Appalled looks from the surgeon, sputtering from us ... surgeon reviews computer notes ... "oh, yes I see the new doctor said this was okay." Silence for a while, tension in the air. Then "Well, see there's a controversy over this, when the screw goes all the way through your ankle to connect to plates on each side to hold it all together and ... well, carry on. But here, let me demo VERY limited weight on that leg" and you can see he doesn't want Walter to put ANY weight on it at all, but can't without making the new young partner seem stupid. SIGH. I felt much better in lovely pearl earrings :)

Another classic, lisa c! I can see why they get a lot of wear.

CathyKeshi, yes, those goldens.:eek: I’m so glad they were still there for me! I had also spent way too much, but just could not put them back.

86C, a have a stash of random things that I’ve saved up for projects. I prefer to buy in person at local gem shows, and Hawaii has been a good source if I am there during a big show. I still have a few things from Hong Kong. Kojima and Pacific Pearls have a lot of loose strands that are not on the website, so you might inquire if you are looking for something specific. I have also purchased a lot of miscellaneous things online from Druzy. I have ordered a few freshwater pearls from China. They are reasonable but I find them kind of hit and miss.

Cathy! Holy cow! Thanks for the update. What are you guys going to do now? What does “Carry on” mean, exactly? Do you have a brace-boot with a metal support in it? Or is it going to be back on his back?

Here are yesterday’s pearls, I’m trying out a combination.
2432C2A9-DB49-4966-9EAF-EE2FB5AB7B7A.jpg98AF6A95-AF6B-4C5A-BEC8-77CF011E59F9.jpg
Mom’s dangles, hanging off delicate Rice Krispies. Two different colors, blue-white krispies, and cream cfw or akoya, I’m not sure what they are yet.

I think they’ll hang together better if I add a loop to the dangle.

Last edited:
I love all the studs and the dangle earrings.

Cathy: Send Walter all our healing thoughts! And to you, too. It's not easy being a care giver.

86C, a have a stash of random things that I’ve saved up for projects. I prefer to buy in person at local gem shows, and Hawaii has been a good source if I am there during a big show. I still have a few things from Hong Kong. Kojima and Pacific Pearls have a lot of loose strands that are not on the website, so you might inquire if you are looking for something specific. I have also purchased a lot of miscellaneous things online from Druzy. I have ordered a few freshwater pearls from China. They are reasonable but I find them kind of hit and miss.

Yes, I have a few Tahitian Keshi but not enough to do much with. A few blue Akoya & small light GSS; Quite a bit of mixed White FW. I'm working on a stash box. I'm waiting on the round FW 8-9mm for a wiring project I'm going to try using silver & rose gold. I finally got the corn flake keshis & turquoise beads to work on a necklace but still need to get a few clasps. Trying to find them locally. I really would prefer to see pearls IRL but, alas, no gem shows here & my travelling is limited, especially now with the new roof to pay for. I may check with Kojima to see if they have any strand that I would be interested in. Thanks for the advice!

Looking forward to seeing your projects 86C! Hope you find some pearls you can use. That’s the nice thing about earrings- they take way fewer pearls! The gem shows have been getting a lot smaller. The number of vendors decreased a lot during the recession. I can only imagine what it will be like when we ever get out of this pandemic.

Two Kojima strands- the Seaglass Tahitian strand, and an ombré Tahitian and SS strand. Worn with earrings I made of Tahitian pearls, golden SS keshi and vintage Biwa pearls.
C19C22F9-FC0A-4A3D-B860-B974A76333B0.jpeg

A1BD9B40-4D98-48D2-9920-64102F7421CC.jpg

I love your SeaGlass strand, JEG. I dithered way too long on that one. I really liked it. Still do.

Very hot and rainy today. The Goddess and mismatched Tahitian studs from Kamoka. These are not my B & W studs. These are lavender and peacock, although I'm not sure if the colors show up in my photos.

IMG_8453.jpg

IMG_8454.jpg

I have so much to catch up on in this group. I’ve been distracted by coronavirus tracking and politics and haven’t done much of anything with pearls. I had to laugh at 86C being on Ban Island, I’ve been there, too. When I had to cancel all of my reservations to Paris, I thought, okay, I’ll buy a new necklace but within days my heat/air system went out and had to be replaced. A few weeks ago I finally bought one of Li Pearls pretty strands. The deep purple isn’t for me but I love this lavender/purple/gold strand. Sorry I don’t know how to turn it right side up.

Attachments

• 31A47CF6-8ED3-4648-B57C-34AE69F5DD2A.jpg
    31A47CF6-8ED3-4648-B57C-34AE69F5DD2A.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 25
Oh, parrotlady, that’s a beautiful strand! Those colours are wonderful.
Jeg, the sea-glass strand is just so lovely, and I’m loving all your cute dangly earrings.
Bweaves, I really like mismatched earrings. Those look great.
I’m in my own mismatched earrings today - little black and white Tahitian keshi. Plus an old freshwater pendant that I see from the photos needs a polish, plus a vintage Akoya strand that had quite a few damaged pearls, so I lengthened with little ruby beads.
8DC519C1-707A-4D0D-BF35-8021747B19D3.jpg
775ACDD3-F7CF-4B4D-A11C-144EAA73AE60.jpg

On the topic of supplies, I’ve just received some pretty silvery white keshi from a Chinese vendor. I bought them with the intention of mixing them in with a light baroque Tahitian strand I don’t wear much to make a rope. I’m very pleased with the keshi, but now I cannot find the Tahitian strand anywhere - I had it out to compare colours with the keshi yesterday, and now it is quite gone. Hopefully it will turn up again, but in the meantime, maybe I’ll string up the keshi to wear by themselves.

Very nice earrings lica c.
Jeg, those two strands are among my favorites as well. I know I said the exact thing recently, but the seaglass strand and the ombre tahitian and south sea strand are special for sure.
Bweaves, the goddess looks stunning on you.
Very nice strand Parrot Lady. It looks metallic.
SydK, gorgeous pearls. I hope you find those tahitians soon. I recently lost my small akoya keshistrand, I found it a week later where it should be. I looked everywhere. Maybe kitten borrowed it.

You guys look fabulous! I love your pearl and clothing wardrobes. PG is such a refreshingly lovely space.

Oooo boy, can’t keep up. Thanks so much everyone!

BWeaves, the Kamoka’s are perfect! I love all their pearls.:p

ParrotLady, the colors of your freshwaters are wonderful! I really like that clasp resting near the shoulder, too.

SydK, what a great way to repurpose your Akoyas. It modernizes it, too- double bonus! Mmmm, keshi dangles... love!

WOW, ladies!!! Such great looks!!
Jeg, I love your Kamoka strands, especially the Sea Glass. I had been looking at that one myself so I'm glad she found a home with you so I can still see it from time to time.

BW, the Goddess definitely suits you! Great choice for the hot weather we're having!

Parrot Lady, I love the colors & sheen of your new pearls! Now we need some mod shots!

SydK, Love the new luck & idea of lengthening an old strand with ruby rondels! It looks amazing with the dangle pendants!!

It's so hot & humid today but I was determined to wear pearls while out running errands. Wearing my white Soufflé necklace, Autore WSS earrings & ring, Amethyst & pearl button bracelet, same with Peridot, & a gemstone bangle that I've had for 40 yrs that I recently rediscovered. Please ignore the bandage on my hand. It's one of 2 places my dermatologist cut off to biopsy. I'm pretty sure this one on my hand will require surgery. Just waiting to hear the results of the biopsies.

Attachments

• 20200718_175938.jpg
    20200718_175938.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 23
  • 20200718_175956.jpg
    20200718_175956.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 27
Back