Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

OPINIONS WANTED. On my PP Ruckus Tahitian strand (the shorter strand in the previous photo). When I had them strung, the stringer wanted to swap two of the pearls and I said leave them as they are. But afterwards, I kept thinking she was right.

The center pearl is a large white Tahitian. In the photo, the pearl to the right is light and the next pearl is dark. Should I restring and swap these two pearls so the darker pearl is next to the center white pearl?

Originally, I thought the dark pearl was opposite the intense green pearl on the left, so it was a nice mirror image. But the two light pearls next to each other look unbalanced to me. What do you think? Leave it alone or restring?

Plus, if I restring, I might go for a colorful Beader's Secret thread instead of dull grey or white or whatever they are currently strung with.

Gorgeous pearls everyone. Bweaves, I think swapping out the two pearls is a great idea. In my opinion it should be some distance between those two light pearls. The darker pearl next to the white one will enhance the white pearl. A more colourful tread also seems like a great idea. Forest perhaps, or navy or teal? I have used forest on most of my mixed tahitian strands, there are always some green pearls in them. Those two strands looks great together.

OOO, my two Kojima pendants arrived today and they are beautiful. The bails are large enough that my dark blue Vietnamese akoya rope and my pistachio akoyas both fit through the bails, so I have at least two pearl "chains" I can wear these on. Plus, I have a hook enhancer that they will work on to hang off other pearl strands. And I think they'll work fine on orbit clasps, too.

Photos to come.

Libella, your pearls are lovely!

BW, those 2 Tahitian necklaces look perfect together! They blend so well & are just beautiful!

Beautiful pearls Libella!

Bweaves- Your Tahitians are gorgeous. The luster really shines through in your photos. Wearing two large gorgeous strands of Tahitians strengthens you neck muscles and your back. :) I think the shorter Tahitian strand would look even lovelier with the white center pearl having a darker contrasting pearl neck to it.

Wearing Sea of Cortez pearls for my daily walk. Fortunately, while the gyms are closed, our governor has kept the Outdoors open. Sea of Cortez studs, Sea of Cortez keshi necklace set by OceansCove, and a quiet street near my home.

Sea of Cortez studs, Sea of Cortez keshi necklace set by OceansCove

Lovely and colorful SOC pearls. So pretty.

Today we spent most of the day outside and grilled out over a fire. Casual lavender and white rice pearls felt just right.

Lovely and colorful Sea of Cortez pearls

Haven't been here for a while due to work... everyone and their pearls are looking amazing! Hope you all are staying safe.

This is my first weekend off in a long time so am wearing my Freshadama studs whilst in athleisure.

Freshadama freshwater pearl stud earrings

BWeaves, I'm in agreement about switching the position of that light colored Tahitian, when you get to it, and a hit of more colorful thread!

Good to see you, Red ... SOC looks marvelous; especially those gorgeous stud earrings.

Everyone looks gorgeous.

Here are my new drops from Kojima. They are huge, but the same size. I actually tried them as black and white earrings by hanging them on some of my hoops. They looked amazing, but were WAY too heavy for my earlobes.

Freshwater drop. It's amazing on all sides. Soap bubble with slight ripples. It needs a name.

my new freshwater drop from Kojima.

Carved Tahitian. It's a true black pearl with a greenish cast. The carving is very well done. My photo does not do it justice. It needs a name.

Carved Tahitian Kamoka

I've been playing around with hanging both pearls off various necklaces. They both look great on my pistachio akoyas. My blue akoya rope has a couple of pearls that are a hair too big to go through the bail, but I can hang the drops off the orbit clasps with no problem. Another plus to orbit clasps! The dark carved pearl looks great on the TNT necklace. Neck shots to come. I haven't told Greg I bought these. cough cough.

-----------------

100% of 3 of you said I should restring my PP Ruckus Tahitians and swap the center pearls around. So that pushed me to do it this morning. I even got the stringing right the first time. It usually takes me three tries. An Omni-Visor DA4 really helps me see what I'm doing.

Since these Tahitians are mostly pastel, I was leaning towards Sky, Aqua, and Mint Beader's Secret. Any of these 3 colors would work. Before restringing they were on grey silk. After restringing, they are on MINT.

Pearl Paradise Ruckus Tahitians

Not only did I swap the light pearl near the center pearl with the pearl next to it, but I also moved the green pearl next to the pack of Mint down a couple pearls so it would be closer to the front. ( I think I swapped the right and left sides of the necklace when I photographed it again below.)

Not only did I swap the light pearl near the center pearl with the pearl next to it, but I also moved the green pearl next to the pack of Mint down a couple pearls so it would be closer to the front.

I'm very happy with the results. After I started cutting the necklace up, I noticed that the grey silk knots were looking a bit shabby. So, the necklace needed restringing anyway.

Not only did I swap the light pearl near the center pearl with the pearl next to it, but I also moved the green pearl next to the pack of Mint down a couple pearls so it would be closer to the front.

My beading pad is a beige, butter yellow color.

Last edited:
Ooh, BWeaves that was SO worth the restringing ... lovely results. Look forward to your pendant's names. Greg who ... ? Walter who .... ? :)

Ooh, BWeaves that was SO worth the restringing ... lovely results. Look forward to your pendant's names. Greg who ... ? Walter who .... ? :)

Hahahahha Cathy! That's it!

The big soap bubble pearl is now named Greg Who.
The large carved Tahitian pearl is now named Walter Who.

P.S. I'm trying to keep our pearl vendors in business. I just ordered the carved Tahitian Pelagic Time Traveler from Komoka. Shark's tooth jewelry isn't really me, but she's so cute and fierce looking at the same time. And she'll be a good summer necklace, I think.

I also like the deer leather necklaces on the Komoka site, but I'm afraid my sweat from the high heat, and the Florida rain, would stain the leather living here in Florida. I had to let those pass.

Last edited:
BW, what a great job restringing! That necklace looks stunning, especially since you moved some pearls around!!

Those pendants are gorgeous! And the carved drop Tahitian......WOW!!!!!

Last edited:
Lovely pearls Red, Gemandpearlover, Iris and BWeaves!:eek: BWeaves, the new arrangement looks great!

Red, those sea of cortez pearls are amazing.
Gemandpearllover, your freshwater strands are amazing.
IrisSL, those earrings looks great on you.
Bweaves, mint is a perfect color for those tahitians, I used aqua on my silver tahitians and it do enhances the blue overtones. The rearranged pearls looks great. It really is a stunning strand. And your new pendants looks great as well. I also try to support businesses since my kind of work aren't in economically challanged sector. I have changed where I buy catfood and other catrelated stuff as well as flowers (mainly for the garden) to smaller shops near my workplace instead of going (or ordering from) the large chains. I already support local pearlbuisness, sort of anyway since I buy most of my pearls from Wendy at Pearlescence. It's local to me. In sweden there are only hideously bad quality freshwaters which they call Pearls and put a big pricetag on. I have some nice big circled golden south sea pearls coming to me from Wendy.

Ooh, the rearranged pearls look great- definitely the right choice to re-string. I look forward to neck shots of the pendants.
On keeping pearl vendors in business, I have the carved white floating pearl necklace at Kamoka in my sights - hoping someone else will buy it and save me from myself, but if it’s still there in a day or two, I don’t know if I’ll be able to resist.

Red, the SoC are stunning.
G&Plover, I admire your commitment to pearls for all occasions! This is a lovely combo.
IrisSL, your studs are pretty and must glam up your athleisure wear considerably.

Back