Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Jeg!!! I dragged Walter up off his sofa to look at that strand ... you can imagine how that went LOL!!! It was my pick too, and I don't need it, so am thrilled for you and delighted I'll get to see it in person :).

Thanks so much, BWeaves, Gemandpearlover and CathyKeshi! Ahahaha, Cathy, the better to see with those new eyes of his! I’m sure he was also thrilled to see the “sold” label. ;) I really didn’t need it either. But I love it!

Gemandpearlover, whoa, both fun and huge! And interesting shapes!

I haven't posted in a bit, so here's a few from this week. It's been close to 90F. You know it's Florida in the winter when you tell you co-irkers you need to step outside to warm up because the air conditioning is blowing on you.

New Coral Atoll strand from Kamoka.

Coral Atoll strand from Kamoka.

Coral Atoll strand from Kamoka.

I restrung my baroque blue akoyas from PP last night on aqua Beader's Secret. My knots had come loose and it needed restringing. I shortened it to 17" because I really like that length after I saw Baby Nurse with a strand that length.

blue akoyas from Pearl Paradise

Worn with my mixed tin-cup and the Everything Bagel rope, and blue drops on my own hoops, all from Kojima.

mixed tin-cup and Everything Bagel rope, and blue drops on my own hoops, all from Kojima

I do like a long rope.

a long rope

Today I wore Tahitians. Opal and Tahitian drop earrings and long Tahitian tin-cup from Kojima. TNT necklace (Tahitians and tourmalines) from Ocean's Cove. And La Perlagrina pendant from Kamoka.

Opal and Tahitian drop earrings and long Tahitian tin-cup from Kojima.   TNT necklace (Tahitians and tourmalines) from Ocean's Cove.    And La Perlagrina pendant from Kamoka

Opal and Tahitian drop earrings and long Tahitian tin-cup from Kojima.   TNT necklace (Tahitians and tourmalines) from Ocean's Cove.    And La Perlagrina pendant from Kamoka

Did I mention I love a long rope?

I love long ropes!

And tomorrow I'll wear my new All-Josh Harvest 2019 strand.

All-Josh Harvest 2019 strand - Kamoka

Bad bathroom lighting. I want to see this strand in daylight.

All-Josh Harvest 2019 strand in bad bathroom lighting

The older I get, the more I seem to be drawn to mismatched pearl strands. When the pearls aren't matched, I feel like they look more real to me. When I see strands that are absolutely perfectly matched, I have to really look to see if they are faux or real. But there really is an art to putting together a mismatched strand so it looks balanced and, well, put together. If you know what I mean and I think you do.

Last edited:
BWeaves, you look stunning, especially in that grey linen dress with those beautiful Tahitian mixes ... so unique and fascinating. You are right, 17" looks great on you too. But the winner for me is Coral Atoll ... GORGEOUS!!! Enjoy :)

BWeaves, those are some impressive necklaces there! Love the Coral Atoll strand, the mismatched one is also just stunning.

Gemandpearllover, OMG those are huge! This wins the biggest pearls in my book.

Jeg, can I say how much I'm a fan of your outfits and pearl matching? That Sea Glass...

Take home message: I might need to save up for Tahitians...

Jeg,
Your new GSS necklace is exquisite!! The luster and orient are fantastic . The combination with the ombre and mixed South Sea ropes is enchanting. Wow.....beautiful !! :D

Love your silvery green Ts from PP. They have beautiful peacock overtones. Luscious.

BWeaves,

I am captivated by your two new Kamoka strands. Gorgeous.
The Josh strand is so unique and pretty. Definitely a head turner.

I must admit I have been infatuated by the Coral Atoll strand, since they first sent out an email when it appeared on the Kamoka website. I always kept going back to see it, however never pulled the trigger, a bit hesitant. Now I am green with envy as that strand is amazing !! Truly incredible ...I am in love with it. You are one lucky lady :)

Take home message: I might need to save up for Tahitians...

I always thought I didn't like Tahitians UNTIL I joined Pearl Guide. I had no idea they came in so many colors and shapes and sizes. I have ordered and returned several strands until I found the sorts of colors and shapes I liked. Now I have shiny round pastels, and midrange baroques, and colorful circled ones, and gorgeous drops. Each strand and each pearl is unique, and they don't come to life until you put them next to your skin.

Beautiful lighting today! I wore my long Tahitian tin-cup from Kojima (and I'm pretty sure some of the Tahitians are from Kamoka), and my new All-Josh 2019 Harvest strand and black and white studs from Kamoka, and my Sea of Cortez ring from Douglas in the PP rose gold setting. My phone still isn't capturing the colors and I can't quite manipulate the photos to show the colors as I see them. The ring in particular is an intense teal blue with pink halos. And the black pearl stud is dark purple and the light one is pale blue.

Tahitian tin-cup from Kojima (and I'm pretty sure some of the Tahitians are from Kamoka), and my new All-Josh 2019 Harvest strand

Tahitian tin-cup from Kojima (and I'm pretty sure some of the Tahitians are from Kamoka), and my new All-Josh 2019 Harvest strand and black and white studs from Kamoka

and black and white studs from Kamoka

Tahitian tin-cup from Kojima (and I'm pretty sure some of the Tahitians are from Kamoka), and my new All-Josh 2019 Harvest strand

Sea of Cortez ring from Douglas in the Pearl Paradise rose gold setting

Thank you, IrisSL and AzFlyGirl! :eek:

BWeaves, the new Kamokas are dreamy!

I wore a golden SS neck layer using the new golden strand, with a large drop pendant from Kojima, and two SS keshi necklaces I made.
golden strand, with a large drop pendant from Kojima, and two SS keshi necklaces

golden strand, with a large drop pendant from Kojima, and two South Sea keshi necklaces

new golden strand, with a large drop pendant from Kojima, and two SS keshi necklaces

OOOO, JEG, I love the layers. I never think of layering my pearls like that. I'll have to go play in my pearl box. I also love your sweater and the buttons.

Happy Valentine's Day, Pearl friends! I went retro today. Also, it got cold today, so back to cashmere and wool tweed.

Ruby hearts and akoya drops. Nana's necklace redone with Freshadamas. Mom's circle pin.

Ruby hearts and akoya drops. Nana's necklace redone with Freshadamas. Mom's circle pin

Ruby hearts and akoya drops. Nana's necklace redone with Freshadamas.

7A9C321A-B343-41BF-BBAE-0100AAB4C952_1_201_a.jpg

Mom's akoya ring and freshie bracelet.

Ruby hearts and akoya drops. Nana's necklace redone with Freshadamas

I am notoriously bad at remembering to photograph the pearls that I do wear every day. They tend to be rather blurry, mostly because of the light I think. Recently I wore my ombre tahitian rope from Cees, my new golden south sea ripple rope from Pearlescence, that I made endless last week, and my aubergine tahitian studs from Oceanscove. I had this combination on for several days. After removing the clasp o the golden ripples the two ropes nests perfectly.
ombre tahitian rope from Cees, my new golden south sea ripple rope from Pearlescence, aubergine tahitian studs from Oceanscove
Then I used my rainbow strand and my colorchanging edison huggies from Pearlescence for several days as well and this morning.
rainbow strand and my colorchanging edison huggies from Pearlescence
Then I took some photos of my deep golden south sea studs from Pearlescence and suddenly craved wearing golden pearls so added my deep golden south sea strand from Cees and the studs (removed the edisons of course).
added my deep golden south sea strand from Cees - Amsterdam Pearls
Played some with the golden strand and the rainbow strand.
But now I am only wearing the golden set.
the golden set

Last edited:
Thank you Bweaves. I feel very fortunate to have these strands to play with. Pearls are not generally worn in sweden, except for round white ones. Recently some designer used some "baroque" pearls in some designs for earrings I think, they were quite popular with some influencers... Funnily enough they did use the word baroque as if it was a new sort of pearl. I don't know what kind of pearl it was, probably freshwaters. The price wasn't that high. The pearls wasn't all that good either. One thinks that if you are to write an article on something you do a smidge of research...

Back