Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Thanks, Charlotta! The Andy Muller strands work well with a lot of my clothes. Your new rainbow strand has a unique combination of colors- enjoy wearing it!

TXPearlLv- I have a few different pieces I use to attach my pendants. It’s difficult to do a search because there isn’t a standard name that I'm aware of. Anyways, not sure how helpful this is because I’ve had them for several years. On the left is an orbit clasp that John, at PP, modified for me by removing the loop. The other three are from Rio Grande. The one to the left is no longer available. The other two have the snap closure. Rio calls them enhancer bails and they are 14kt yellow gold.
99AAFBB2-24CC-4653-8AFB-1B7D0E229481.jpg

I use them with pendants that have simple bails because they will turn the direction of the pendant. I took this snapshot so you can see this pendant has a decorative diamond bail, but it will be turned sideways when using the enhancer.
AB0990AB-9DB7-4F6F-9498-DA43C2BCE737.jpg

Sorry- just noticed the attachments weren’t opening. Trying again-

Last edited:
I have one of those links, PearlDreams. I have a Maui Divers charm bracelet made of those links and removed one because it was a little long. The only thing would be, the link that doesn’t open would need to fit over whatever strand or chain you are using because you need to use the open link to hold the pendant bail. I use most of these pieces over pearl chains and tin cups, so it wouldn’t slide over some of them.

It has a decent size opening and will work with tiny pearls. Not wild about the extra length it creates. It makes for a great charm bracelet, though. I know PP sold these charm bracelets at one time, too.
CE5AA4BF-1A50-4988-A70B-A0AC214DDFF3.jpg

Last edited:
From Maui Divers. All the charms are Maui Divers designs for the Hawaiian Islands, with the exception of the pearl charm from Kojima. The heart is a signature piece that casts an “Aloha” shadow when held up. The bracelet is made of these double links with every other link having that push opening. I remember Pkinnew had one of the PP bracelets she attached a bunch of pearl charms to.
CC506B88-9C36-4A3E-8046-639F8AE13155.jpg

Thanks, Charlotta! The Andy Muller strands work well with a lot of my clothes. Your new rainbow strand has a unique combination of colors- enjoy wearing it!

TXPearlLv- I have a few different pieces I use to attach my pendants. It’s difficult to do a search because there isn’t a standard name that I'm aware of. Anyways, not sure how helpful this is because I’ve had them for several years. On the left is an orbit clasp that John, at PP, modified for me by removing the loop. The other three are from Rio Grande. The one to the left is no longer available. The other two have the snap closure. Rio calls them enhancer bails and they are 14kt yellow gold.
View attachment 70344

I use them with pendants that have simple bails because they will turn the direction of the pendant. I took this snapshot so you can see this pendant has a decorative diamond bail, but it will be turned sideways when using the enhancer.
View attachment 70345

Sorry- just noticed the attachments weren’t opening. Trying again-
Thank you! I thought one was an orbit clasp. I was thinking of ordering one and just sniping off the loop! Your photo is very helpful. :)

I just purchased a bag of jump rings to see if that would work but I'd like something nicer. I think I will order a 14K gold one from Rio and have my jeweler snip off the loop. Do you remember what size yours is?

TXPearlLV, to be honest, I’m not sure that’s the best route to go. The orbit clasp is the smaller size and I got them from PP. I bought two, and John removed the loops. The first one broke not too long after. I don’t think the spring can withstand too big of a bail or chain being pushed into the opening, plus you would be paying for both ends of the clasp. I haven’t had any problems with the slightly bigger one, but unfortunately I haven’t seen it available anymore. The snap closure is better for going over anything. I worry a little about it catching on something and opening, but it hasn’t been an issue so far.

I just purchased a bag of jump rings to see if that would work but I'd like something nicer. I think I will order a 14K gold one from Rio and have my jeweler snip off the loop. Do you remember what size yours is?

I had purchased one 14 carat gold bail enhancer and one Sterling silver for my pendants from Rio Grande per jeg's suggestion. I didn't realize that it would turn the pendant on the side until I got it. So, what I ended up doing was putting 2 of them together in order to have my pendant hang correctly. I will have to buy another 14 K one now but I did take a picture to show it. One snaps over your necklace the way you normally would and then the other hangs from that while suspending your pendant. Putting two of them together solves the problem.

20190901_172823.jpg

In this picture you can see that one attachment is gold and one is a silver but actually that might help you to visualize what I did better.

That’s a pretty pendant 2thdktr. Is that the golden south sea and tourmaline necklace you bought from Oceanscove? Because that one is gorgeous as well.

Just Jeans and pearls on this sunny morning! These babes have been neglected for a while and kind of forgot how beautiful they’re! Both the strand and pendant are from Pearl Paradise.
C890CD94-F7B2-4A56-B0D5-5A50D7701ED3.jpg

That’s a pretty pendant 2thdktr. Is that the golden south sea and tourmaline necklace you bought from Oceanscove? Because that one is gorgeous as well.

Thanks Charlotta, you have a good memory. Yes, that is the petite GSSP and tourmaline necklace from Ocean's Cove. The pendant is a ruby and diamond pendant I designed, and had made at the jeweler's, from 2 rings I owned when I first started dental school 35 years ago. We were not allowed to wear rings.
There is a lot of versatility with having 2 hinged findings. They both can be removed quickly and one can just put the pendant on a regular chain with the original bale. The hinged enhancers can then be used for any other pendant you have. Also, they are so small, they don't add significant length.

thumbnail_20190901_173140.jpg

Last edited:
You look lovely Lilpearl, very nice tahitians.
That necklace is gorgeous 2thdktr, that's why I remembered it, so pretty.

Lilpearl your Tahitians look beautiful and the pendant looks so pretty paired with your strand.

2thdktr that is a really gorgeous necklace. So elegant.

Back