Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

I absolutely love you in that blue striped outfit, Jeg! That's so summery and breezy and looks perfect with the pearls! And I'm in awe of the tiny akoya and keshi strands. Were they knotted between each pearl? If so, I tip my hat off to the stringer! They are such a beautiful combination. I've got some keshi and have them out now and was trying to think of what to make... may have to copy this, although I'm not sure my hands are up for something this tedious today.

Love the nautical look and the teensy pearls ! I have a lot of striped clothes and you just gave me some ideas!

Thank you, CricketBug, Charlotta, amti, and 2thdktr! Amti, the tiny Akoya came on shorter temp strands. I strung two together to make the longer pearl chains. I didn’t knot in between, but after I finished the strands, I noticed I made a mistake in the pattern of the larger strand. Too lazy to go back and fix it, so it will have to stay that way for awhile.

Wearing a Kamoka strand with my Tahitian tin cup. A Kamoka pendant is attached to the end of the tin cup.
Kamoka strand with my Tahitian tin cup

Kamoka strand with my Tahitian tin cup

Kamoka strand

JEG: Gorgeous as always. I love that tin cup. Very creative. The Kamoka pearls just gleam. Gorgeous colors.

I so love that tin cup, jeg - it's so visually interesting, the way that it moves between groups of one, two and three pearls. I'm so used to seeing perfectly-evenly-spaced ones and this is way more my cup of tea. It makes me want to remake the one I did not long ago.

Thanks so much, BWeaves, 86C, Charlotta, CricketBug and jesskat! I don’t wear the tin cup this long very often, but it’s fun to mix things up once in awhile. :D

Jeg, I want to go shopping with you! Everything about your style is fabulous.

Today is Eid, so although I’m sadly at work, I’m sporting some festive henna with my GSSP harvest rope.

GSSP harvest rope

Thank you, Katbran and Battah!

Battah- yes to shopping anytime, and I’ll go get inked with you! ;) Although I suspect you did that yourself. I love your beautiful harvest strand, too!

Katbran, I posted some other photos of this tin cup a few weeks ago. It’s two lengths and all four ends have open orbit clasps, so I can do all sorts of things with it. Here’s another snapshot of the two necklaces.
 tin cup - two lengths and all four ends have open orbit clasps

Wearing silver Tahitians from PP, with the Seaglass Tahitian necklace, and SS and Tahitian ombré necklace from Kojima.
Wearing silver Tahitians from Pearl Paradise, with the Seaglass Tahitian necklace, and South Sea and Tahitian ombré necklace from Kojima

Silver Tahitians from Pearl Paradise, with the Seaglass Tahitian necklace, and South Sea and Tahitian ombré necklace from Kojima

Thank you so much, Bcm21mk, BWeaves, Charlotta, and jeg! And jeg, you're right, you know I did it myself! I have such a hard time having people do things for me, my brain is always telling me "hmm I bet I could figure that out!" I've been doing henna art since high school and love it <3

Love that tin cup, you made it so versatile!

Oh JEG, your collection is so great. I love them all. And your clothes!

Back