Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Thank you, Marianne, Charlotta, BWeaves, JerseyPearl (what a nice compliment) and amti!!

BWeaves, you look so cozy comfy today! I need to keep some pearls on my nightstand...

Amti, I haven’t sprouted wings... yet! I love making charms and jewelry with the seashells and seaglass I find.

Today was all Kamoka. Two Kamoka strands and a Kamoka ring.
two kamoka strands

Kamoka ring from Ruckus 2015
kamoka ring bought at 2015 ruckus

Forgot to mention, I haven’t seen too many clogs around here yet. Probably because of the weather. I got a kick out of the Adidas Superstars hitting the streets a few years ago. I wore them all through college and then some, but the girls didn’t wear them then. I had to buy them in the little boys department.

Went to a bridal shower today so I wore triple strand FW pearls, Akoya strand with Barbara Bixby blue topaz Amazing Grace cross, & SS/diamond earrings.

triple strand of freshwater pearls

Jeg, love your Kamoka strands and ring. I have to admit, I look forward to seeing what you are wearing with the pearls.

86Corvettegirl, that’s a very striking necklace and pendant.

86c wow that is a smashing look and so fitting for a bridal shower!! Love the cross, so elegant !

Amti, you are too funny...but they are No 6 like in number 6...not a zero to be found. And I too wore Dr. Scholl's exercise sandals.

Jeg, my kids laughed (actually made fun of me) when I bought a pair of superstars...they were laughing until I pulled out a photo of my 10 year old self, wearing them with tube socks and culottes while strolling around in Disney World ca. 1971 (We got to go to the "pre-opening"). And my mother was ever so stylish walking around in her very wide leg trousers with very high platform shoes and patten leather red hand bag.

Lovely layers of Akoya 86C!

Thank you, Luvglitz- my range of clothes is as varied as my pearls! Thank you, Bcm21mk and 86C!

Haha- JerseyPearl, I have photos in my Superstars with knee high tube socks, too. I played a lot of basketball back then, and those were about the best court shoes before Nike hit the scene.

My mother wore wooden soled clogs with a perforated leather upper in the 1960s when we lived in England, and I wore Dr. Scholl's excercise sandals in 1970 when we moved to America. Lately I'm more of a felted wool clog with cork sole wearer, but I'd wear the wooden ones again as long as they have lots of toe room. I refuse to break in shoes any more or wear anything uncomfortable.

"Stay Sixy." I think they're making a pun on Stay Sexy, not Sixty.

I did knit my sweater. It's my own design. I'll try to take a fuller photo of it later. It's naturally colored Shetland wool, grown from sheep that live on a small farm in Indiana.

It's my day off and I am in my jammies reading up on my new hobby. I slipped on the new necklaces I made to keep me warm while sipping my coffee. :)

IMG_0316 (2).jpg

Beautiful kamokas Jeg.
You look lovely 86Corvettegirl, that cross is amazing.
Beautiful knitted sweater Bweaves, goes great with the TNT strand.
Gemandpearllover, thats is a beautiful creation.

Jammies and pearls are the best. They do keep me warm!

86: I don't think I mentioned, but I love your earrings and your layers of pearls with the pendant.

Yesterday, T's from PP and my white gold Miki huggies.

wearing a strand of Pearl Paradise Tahitian pearls with Mikimoto huggie earrings

Today, Mom's SS drop earrings. Natural white Hanadama rope and baroque akoyas from PP. Mom's sapphire swan. I think these are my most luminous pearls.

Mom's SS drop earrings and sapphire swan with a PP natural white hanadama rope - my most luminous pearls

Last edited:
Gemandpearlover, your new strands look great! I would never have known you were in pj’s because you look glam.

BWeaves, you caught your Tahitians in the right light. They are glowing!

I couldn’t wait to do something with the SS keshi I got in Hong Kong, but I didn’t have a supply of pearls to mix them with. I was excited to find these small temp strands while visiting PP this week. (There are pictures posted in the “other” thread from our vault visit)
south sea keshi mixed temporary bracelet hanks from pearl paradise

I worked on this harvest style strand this morning, incorporating the small SS keshi I had.

My mission in going to PP was to have this special golden SS pearl from the Ruckus set in one of Hisano’s diamond bails, so I could wear it with the strand of tiny Vietnamese Akoya.
deep gold south sea pearl

deep gold south sea pearl pendant

Layered with my SS ombré strand from the PP launch.
wearing both pieces with Pearl Paradise south sea ombre strand

wearing with ombre strand

Last edited:
Beautiful work Jeg! I love all those creamy colours and shapes together. And the tiny Akoyas are spectacular with that big golden one!

I took some hours yesterday to knot the tiniest freshwater pearlies onto coral silk. Looking forward to layer them with a longer strand of coral beads. I've been craving coral so badly recently - could it be 2019?! :)

50946139_523404971487298_6381130669417824256_n.jpg

Bweaves, your PP tahitians are really beautiful.
Jeg, that golden pendant turned out great, beautiful color. And your harvest style necklace is beautiful. Love your ombre south sea strand.

Morella, that little strand is gorgeous. You will have lots of fun with it, great for layering.

Morella, that looks great. I bet it took a while to knot with all those tiny pearls.

Back