Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

My mismatched tahitians from Oceanscove came today, they waited for the sun to go down so the picture is taken under the kitchenlight. They are so beautiful that I just had to put them on at once. They are 8.2 and 8.4mm.
_20181205_154932.jpg

Charlotta: You're going to get a lot of use out of the mismatched Tahitian studs. They really do go with everything.

aerinha: Your pendant is very pretty. If the pic doesn't do it justice, it must be spectacular.

Charlotta: Your earrings are so beautiful! I often admire the studs on Ocean's cove (and everything else that she makes), and a few pairs are definitely on my list! Are they just as colorful in real life as the photos?

BWeaves: Look at how cute you were! Did your hair do that naturally? Nice backdrop for your pearls

20181204_135158.jpg
Toddler art class, grocery store, raking leaves, why not Tahitian pearls? Because if I wait for the right occasion, they'll never get worn!

On a side note, does anyone know why portrait photos get kicked out and won't upload, but when its turned 90 degrees and becomes landscape there's no problem? It's a mystery to me...

The necklace is strung tight. But the thread is thick and white, and the knots are big and lumpy. At the clasp the knots are fuzzy because the ends stick out. The clasp is too small for the size of the pearls. I'm super sensitive to how pearls are strung, so I'm sure the average person wouldn't notice, but it bothers me. I feel that the thread needs to compliment the color of the pearls. And a larger orbit clasp will lengthen the strand just a bit for better nesting with the my other ripples, and allow me to link this strand to my other ripples to make a rope. I've ordered some Beader's Secret in Rose and Taupe from Pattye, because I'm not exactly sure which color I'll prefer, but those two were my favorites with the multicolors of this strand.

So those are the main reasons for redoing the strand myself. I need to play with color, clasps, and lengths. I've looked at the pearls under magnification and they are gorgeous. No flaws, just surface texture. I could stare at them for hours.

It's a shame you have to restring a brand new necklace because it was done in such an insufficient manner. At least you can restring it to your satisfaction & use the right size clasp. The colors of the pearls are beautiful so I understand not wanting to return it. Can't wait t yo see it once you redo it!

I've been away from PG for faaaarrrr toooo long, and really, REALLY missing all these wonderful posts! It will take me a week to go back through and read through everything! ... but BWeaves' recent dragon clasp pic really caught my eye--love it!

Charlotta, those mismatched Tahitian earrings are wonderful. I have no doubt you will wear them a lot!

Aerinha, that pendant is beautiful & looks like a mini-me of MarieAntoinette's pearl pendant!

CBPearllover, those T's are gorgeaous & yes, you can wear them whenever you want.
On a side note, I was instructed by the lovely ladies here to take my pics with my phone horizontally & not vertically. When I take my pics in landscape & crop out excess background, my pic will load right side up instead of sideways. Good luck!

CB: I find that if I crop my photo, even just a little bit, it will post right side up, but if I load it uncropped, it goes sideways. Oh, and T's for T-shirts, right?

Here's the Pacific Pearls ripple strand at dawn in my car. The colors in the photo are still not as intense as I can see with my eyes.

fullsizeoutput_9dc.jpg

Last edited:
Aloha! We’re back in Hawaii! What a great week to be here- the weather is gorgeous.:cool:

Traveling Pearl on our early morning walk-

25A7FB8D-AE85-4020-98F1-FB7B2E82C527.jpg

7288A2B7-0F8E-4E92-800A-DA7EB3D8D8D4.jpg

Two new delicate and light Kojima strands-

17BD9107-46C7-484B-A967-C68610914418.jpg

The bathroom here has decent pearl lighting-

220D8838-ED5B-45EC-98CB-B43FE63C3073.jpg

Charlotta, all your new earrings are beautiful! However I really like your aubergine studs from Ocean's Cove.

Aloha, jeg. Pretty strands from Kojima. Those little feather pearls really catch my eye.

JEG: Those strands are gorgeous. I was eyeing them (well everything really) on the Kojima site.

JEG: Those strands are gorgeous. I was eyeing them (well everything really) on the Kojima site. Travelling Pearl gets all the best views.

Oh, yes we are. Have Gun Will Travel. I like the Pearls version better.

Cold this morning, but hot by this afternoon. I've already changed out of this cashmere sweater and boots to something less warm. Ropes, ropes, ropes and B&W Tahitian studs.

fullsizeoutput_9e4.jpg

The ropes used to nest perfectly, but I've restrung them and now the blue akoyas are longer and my first akoyas are shorter. I think I strung my first akoyas too tight. They're still a bit kinky. I hope they'll loosen up with wear but they haven't so far.

fullsizeoutput_9e6.jpg

Today, part deux. I had a doctor's appt. this morning and it was cold (40F). Came home for lunch and it's going to be 69F by this afternoon. Time to change to a cotton sweater. One less rope and Mom's pearl circle pin.

fullsizeoutput_9e7.jpg

I think I'm going to restring my first akoya rope again. The kinky tightness is bugging me. Good thing I love restringing pearls, right? I keep forgetting that I don't need to pull Beader's Secret as tight as I used to knot silk. It doesn't stretch out like silk does.

Last edited:
Back