Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

BWeaves, lovely pearl combination and awesome shawl! Great color combination!

What a great rope you have made from your three strands ! Wonderful job combining the pearls ! I've got a couple of strands that I might try combining ! I'm inspired !
BWeaves - wonderful layers.. I do love Amethyst :)

I've tried to make this smaller but can't seem to do it..not sure what's happened ... though my keyboard has been wonky since the glass of wine spilled on it ...

Last edited:
YAY!
Ladies, thank you, THANK YOU for your kind words! They mean a world to me - still pretty new to pearls and VERY new to stringing :) I enjoy it so much, I am eyeing my freshly restrung necklaces to do it again just for fun and practice :)

BW, I LOVE your choices! The Amethyst is to die for! But my heart belongs to tourmalines, they are so colorful! Like rock candies. And that Tartan! Time to dig out mine. What fun! Jewish girls in Scottish garments :D

What fun! Jewish girls in Scottish garments :D

Celtic music and Klezmer music sound so much alike that I'm sure everyone is related if we go back far enough. There was a Celtic band back in the 1980s that did a tour of America playing Cèilidhs and Bar Mitzvahs.

I tried posting earlier, but couldn’t get a reply window to come up...

BWeaves- beautiful jewel tone layers! Love that artsy amethyst setting.

Masik- what a great eye for combining your strands. It looks so colorful.

Whelp, I'm restringing my blue akoya rope AGAIN, because that double knot was bugging me. I get faster and more even every time I restring. I think I need to order Beader's Secret in Sky in bulk.

Whelp, I'm restringing my blue akoya rope AGAIN, because that double knot was bugging me. I get faster and more even every time I restring. I think I need to order Beader's Secret in Sky in bulk.

Yay! I think Sky, Storm, and Gray are so versatile, we should have spools! I just ordered all three. My Black Friday "pearl shopping" is done :D

I have been waiting for my second pair of Heather Benjamin earrings to get here & they arrived today. I could not decide which pair I liked the best but I bought her large horn earrings like the ones BN has. The ones with the beetle wings kept haunting me so I wound up buying them too. Here they are....they're so beautiful. (a little hard to capture the colors in the small horns.) And they look really edgy with the green Tahitian necklace hubby bought for me but says I have to wait til Christmas before I can wear it.

Heather Benjamin earrings

I've been holed up at home for the last month recovering from a much needed total knee replacement. I'm just getting out again, and enjoying the look of my free-form goldens from PP against my holiday colored cable sweaters. I'm loving my new golden drop earrings as well. Golden drops from the 2018 ruckus, set with tiny tsavorites by Stephen Vincent Design in Minneapolis.

20181124_154949.jpg20181124_155102.jpgfreeform gold South Sea from pearl paradise

Red, how did the surgery go?! Enjoy your goldens! And the setting on the drops is just lovely. Wear in good (and improved knee) health!

Gorgeous, Red! Those earrings are fabulous! Glad to hear your recovery is going well & you're getting out & about!

Red, how did the surgery go?! Enjoy your goldens! And the setting on the drops is just lovely. Wear in good (and improved knee) health!

My TKR surgery went well, and I have been icing, resting, and doing my physical therapy. I am motivated to get as much range of motion back as I can, which helps. I also had an excellent surgeon (he is the team doctor for some of the local sports teams here).

You and your goldens look ready for festive holidays, Red! Love how the goldens play strongly with bold colors. X
So delighted to hear you are recovering well ... takes hard work and determination.

I've had two total knee replacements 3 months apart . I know how really hard it is ... but like you I've had a great result. Keep up the physio and all will be well. I'm so glad that it's been a success for you ! And your pearls look fabulous. I do love the little green top on your earrings.. it's just the right amount of colour !

Beautiful earrings 86Corvettegirl and I love the settings on the golden earrings Red, the strand is beautiful to.
So I have been busy creating stuff.
_20181125_113223.jpg
I had some south sea pearls that I didn't like as a strand on me, to big for me so I made a lariat, a tincup and a long rope with them.
_20181125_113619.jpg
_20181125_113719.jpg
I also had some smaller tahitian drop pearls that I made into a tincup
_20181125_113520.jpg
_20181125_113443.jpg
_20181125_113415.jpg
_20181125_113350.jpg
The smaller drop tahitians are really colorful and small when I compare them with my other tahitian drops.

Red, looking good in your goldens!!!

Charlotta, your wire wrapping skills are amazing. I love everything you've reworked.

Back