Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Morella, that silver leaf thread is amazing. How does it feel? Soft, stiff? I love the whole look with the spikes and the leather knots. Very edgy.

Thank you Corvettegirel & BWeaves!
The silver leaf thread is a bit on the stiffer side, but still moves enough to work in tassels. It really is incredibly shimmery in real life, I have the silvery sage green too. I suffered through unwinding onto a bobbin though - a BIG tendency to kink and twist.

It's hard to capture the true beautiful colors on Tahitian pearls depending on the lighting but I try my best :eek:

I decided to restring my blue rope with the Sky color. I use a 2x visor so I can see what the heck I'm doing, and of course at 2x magnification, I can see every freaking flaw in every pearl. So I get out my other blue strands to view at 2x magnification, and now I notice wonky knots in two of the other strands, so I'm going to restring those, too. But it looks like I used Aqua in those two other strands, because they are a much lighter blue. I think I'll restring the middle tone blue necklace with Sky and the really light necklace with Aqua.

Currently they're all having a nice spa bath, and then a nap wrapped in soft towels with little cucumber slices on their eyes and a margarita. That's the other thing I noticed under magnification. All the crud that's built up. Most likely sunscreen and sweat. Ew.

I use a 10 x visor and it can be a bit of a nightmare ... tiny flaws suddenly appear in 'flawless pearls' . Quite discouraging at times lol I like that sky colour and i'm going to string some deep multi tahitians in 'Night' and see how that goes as they are more of a grey base that green. I quite like Forest for the Green base.

Morella - Lovely necklaces and the tassel is great. What a fascinating link to those threads..I've not seen them before. Maybe BWeaves has ?

Undermagnification, I swear the nacre may be getting thinner on some pearls but then when I view the rope with just my eyes, I think, that's how they always looked. I do think the nacre is thinner on these small BBAs. My bigger BBAs have very thick nacre. One strand I have I know the nacre is very thick because the nucleus inside each pearl is loose and it's hard to find the hole all the way through. Those were a nightmare to string. These little ones were easy to string, but some of the pearls seem a bit browner than I remember. Still, I love this rope, and will wear it until it wears out. I'm singing the blues forever.

I decided to restring my blue rope with the Sky color. I use a 2x visor so I can see what the heck I'm doing, and of course at 2x magnification, I can see every freaking flaw in every pearl. So I get out my other blue strands to view at 2x magnification, and now I notice wonky knots in two of the other strands, so I'm going to restring those, too. But it looks like I used Aqua in those two other strands because they are a much lighter blue. I think I'll restring the middle tone blue necklace with Sky and the really light necklace with Aqua.

Currently they're all having a nice spa bath, and then a nap wrapped in soft towels with little cucumber slices on their eyes and a margarita. That's the other thing I noticed under magnification. All the crud that's built up. Most likely sunscreen and sweat. Ew.

I work with a task lamp and reading glasses and no, don't want to see 'em any closer :D
Speaking of Sky. I just made this rope with Sky. Would probably use Storm if I had it in the right size, or Navy if I had it. Time to stock up :)
My sis is modeling them for me. please ignore a simple tee, she was NOT in a mood to model really :D But you can probably see the Sky.

IMG_20181118_092443.jpg

IMG_20181118_092542.jpg

What a gorgeous rope, Masik!! How long is it & what are the mm sizes of the pearls? Did you get the pearls from Cees or another vendor. I love the colors & luster of it!

What a gorgeous rope, Masik!! How long is it & what are the mm sizes of the pearls? Did you get the pearls from Cees or another vendor. I love the colors & luster of it!

Thank you, 86C!
The smallest is 8.5+ to the biggest 14.5mm. The total length is 60" w/a clasp (18K).
No, it was not from Cees, it is mine :). I combined 3 necklaces I got from Tasaki, Belpearl and Tara Pearls over the time. I tried to juxtapose the similar colors on both sides as much as I could, given my limited stock of sizes and colors in each size. Nevertheless, all top-notch in colors, luster/surfaces and mostly round or off-round. I am really happy how it turned out.

I work with a task lamp and reading glasses and no, don't want to see 'em any closer :D
Speaking of Sky. I just made this rope with Sky. Would probably use Storm if I had it in the right size, or Navy if I had it. Time to stock up :)
My sis is modeling them for me. please ignore a simple tee, she was NOT in a mood to model really :D But you can probably see the Sky.

Masik, your rope is very beautiful!

Thank you, 86C!
The smallest is 8.5+ to the biggest 14.5mm. The total length is 60" w/a clasp (18K).
No, it was not from Cees, it is mine :). I combined 3 necklaces I got from Tasaki, Belpearl and Tara Pearls over the time. I tried to juxtapose the similar colors on both sides as much as I could, given my limited stock of sizes and colors in each size. Nevertheless, all top-notch in colors, luster/surfaces and mostly round or off-round. I am really happy how it turned out.

Masik, I am in awe! You did a wonderful job combining the three strands. It's unbelievably beautiful!!

Well done Masik; well done ... and a truly stunning rope! Special thanks to your sister for modeling so you could ahare with us ... a great example that beautiful pearls can and should be worn even with a simple Tee shirt :)

I believe that is the very best part of owning strands of pearls...the ability to rearrange them and wear them as you see fit! What other fine jewelry item is so easily taken apart and remade by its owner? You've created the perfect necklace for you...one that you know you will wear, and one that can be recreated in a million different variations should you ever tire of it. Well done!!!

The earrings I ordered from Heather Benjamin should be here tomorrow. I'm really excited to see how they look. I think I'm still going to order the Beetle wing earrings with the smaller horn, too.

Update....I decided to go ahead & get the Beetle wing earrings. Boy, I'm glad I did. It was the last pair. So, the large horn earrings will be here tomorrow & the Beetle wing horn earrings should be here by next week.

Last edited:
I haven't worn this combination before. Custom amethyst necklace from Karen Brown Jewelry. TNT strand from Ocean's Cove, and my baroque blue akoya rope from PP, freshly restrung on Sky Beader's Secret. B&W Tahitian studs from Komoka. The "white" pearl matches my blue akoyas, and the "black" pearl looks almost purple.

fullsizeoutput_995.jpg

After I was done stringing, I noticed I accidentally double knotted between a couple pearls. It's not noticible to anyone else, but my eye goes right to it every time. Of course, it was 1/2 of the way through, and I didn't notice until I was done. I am not restringing them again for awhile. I'm willing to unpick 2 knots, but not 1/2 of a necklace. Easier to start from scratch.

Handwoven Tartan shawl (not by me) in the Isle of Skye tartan.

Last edited:
I haven't worn this combination before. Custom amethyst necklace from Karen Brown Jewelry. TNT strand from Ocean's Cove, and my baroque blue akoya rope from PP, freshly restrung on Sky Beader's Secret. B&W Tahitian studs from Komoka. The "white" pearl matches my blue akoyas, and the "black" pearl looks almost purple.

View attachment 63346

After I was done stringing, I noticed I accidentally double knotted between a couple pearls. It's not noticible to anyone else, but my eye goes right to it every time. Of course, it was 1/2 of the way through, and I didn't notice until I was done. I am not restringing them again for awhile. I'm willing to unpick 2 knots, but not 1/2 of a necklace. Easier to start from scratch.

Handwoven Tartan shawl (not by me) in the Isle of Skye tartan.

Looks great, BW! I love how the TNT & blue Akoya necklaces look with the Amethyst necklace! I love how the Amethyst is set...so unique!
I wouldn't undo half a necklace to fix 2 knots either. I think it looks wonderful & would never notice the 2 double knots!

Back