Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Kojima Kasumi pendant and earrings. Oceans' Cove Tahitian and Tourmaline necklace. I've decided to name this necklace TNT. I think the colors show up really well on this natural linen blouse. This one's from Ann G Linen. They've been very nice and contacted me to make sure I was ordering the right size before they shipped. Great customer service.

View attachment 62916

Wow, that looks fabulous on you! And that linen is so pretty.

JP, it's really hard to capture the color. The do, at times in certain lighting, look blue green. They're a very special stand & I wish he had 2 because I would have made sure I bought both so I could layer them.

BWeaves, your new necklace from Ocean’s Cove is so beautiful! I see green and pink overtones everywhere! It really suits you and looks amazing with the Kojima pendant and earrings. The whole ensemble is so pleasing against that lighter colored fabric.

"Oceans' Cove Tahitian and Tourmaline necklace."

The colors in the pearls are ao beautiful - pink, purple, green, silver -- the pearls and tourmalines were made for each other. That's a pretty weave in the linen, too.

View attachment 62916[/QUOTE]

Earrings came today to go with the green Tahitian necklace. I'm over the moon with the look of the Tanzanites & diamonds paired with the matching pearls!!

Tanzanites & diamonds paired with Tahitian pearls

Whoa!!! Those earrings are gorgeous, and look great with the necklace. Now we need neck and ear shots, please.

A very pearly day for me. Vivid Linen and pearls. Reborn pearl tin-cup and earrings. Keshi necklace from Kojima. Coin Pearls from Karen Brown Jewelry.

fullsizeoutput_918.jpg

Mom's akoya ring and freshwater bracelet on one hand.

fullsizeoutput_919.jpg

And my Ruckus treasure Sea of Cortez pearl from Douglas in a PP setting.

fullsizeoutput_91a.jpg

P.S. I just got an Ann G Linen order in the mail today. JEG, you weren't kidding about the interesting seaming on the back of the garments. Wow! It's still very warm here in Florida, so I can wear linen for another month at least.

BWeaves, you look wonderful in your linen & pearls!! So beautifully coordinated!!! I'm still in love with your Mom's bracelet & ring!!

No, cmd2014, the necklace & earrings are not from Cees. I got these from David Norman....the necklace a little over a week ago & the earrings came today. Hubby got me the necklace as my Christmas present but after I saw the necklace IRL, I contacted David for a killer pair of earrings with matching pearls. I must say he outdid himself with these!!

86Corvettegirl, your green Tahitians and earrings are beautiful!

BWeaves, I always enjoy seeing your Mom's akoya ring.

Today, I wore keshi Tahitian pearl rings from Kamoka. I wear one on each hand but put them together for the picture.

The harvest Tahitian strand is the first pearl necklace I bought from PP.

IMG_6626 (2).jpg

IMG_6624 (2).jpg

Annie, love your harvest strand; it has so much personality! Your Kamoka keshi rings are just beautiful!

Annie: Those T's are gorgeous. That top ring has amazing color and luster. And the necklace has a beautiful balance of shapes and colors.

Katbran: Yes, hahah. It's down to 80F this week. Definitely cooling off. It does make it easier to layer up the pearls, since they are warm to wear. I'm always amazed at how cold my jade bracelet is to wear. If I ever find jade beads in my budget, I bet they'll be very cool on my neck.

And now for something completely different. Native American Fetish strand. Some of the fetishes are carved from shell, but interestingly enough, the backside of the shell is the right side. At least when I wear the necklace, the shell fetishes always flip so the mother of pearl side is towards my body. In the top photo, the top left fetish is on the wrong side, and on the bottom photo, I've flipped it so it's pearl side up. I left the others pearl side up for the photo, although the bottom right one is wrong side up.

fullsizeoutput_91c.jpg

The heishi beads (brown seed beads) are dark penshell, I think. Top left fetish flipped to the pearl side.

fullsizeoutput_91d.jpg

It used to bother me that the shell fetishes were always wrong side up, until it finally dawned on me that they are not supposed to look pearly. The wrong side IS the right side, because it looks more like fur.

I flipped a middle one to the wrong side and the bottom right one to the right side. You can see that bottom right one does not want to sit with the pearl side up.

fullsizeoutput_91e.jpg

Last edited:
Love your fetish necklace, BW!!

I took Luna out for some love today. Paired her with my 35" silvery multi color baroque T's.

Attachments

• 20181027_182538.jpg
    20181027_182538.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 24
  • 2kojima
    2kojima
    45.6 KB · Views: 33
Back