Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Those are gorgeous, jeg. I've been on a Kamoka kick since Ruckus - gotta get some pics of my two Kamoka keshi tin cup bracelets!

Lapis Friday. With Kojima drops.

Lapis Friday. With Kojima drops

BW, that lapis really makes the pearls stand out & the pearls really make the lapis pop! Perfect combination! You look wonderful!

Thanks, 86! I really love the larger lapis necklace now that I've replaced the 7mm akoyas with 9 mm freshadamas. It's really amazing what swapping out a few pearls will do.

Nice re-do BWeaves! Those look great together.

Thank you, Battah! Glad you are enjoying your Kamoka’s, too!

BWeaves, love the lapis-pearl combo! Could I ask about the gold beads, are they gold filled or plated, or solid gold? I once made a bead necklace with gold plated beads that sadly wore off to a very unseemly color.

Here's what I was wearing to the library this afternoon, in the kiddie area :D The "bracelet" is a choker-length freshwater necklace I strung quickly on beading wire (to play around with the choker length idea), and the ring is vintage off ebay. Don't know what the pearl is, but I loooove it :)

The bracelet is a choker-length freshwater necklace I strung quickly on beading wire

Gemfever: I believe the gold beads in Mom's lapis necklaces are solid gold, because they are very soft and bendy. The heavier necklace has actually deformed some of the gold beads because it's so heavy. If you get gold filled or vermeil beads you should be fine. Gold plated will wear off. And I stay away from gold color beads because any tarnish will discolor the pearls.

--------------------------------

Keshi Monday. Also, I think I'm hooked on Vivid Linen. Thanks!

Reborn tincup and earrings from some tiny store on my 20th anniversary. Freshwater keshi necklace from Kojima.

fullsizeoutput_867.jpg

Tricolor gold bracelets from Mom. The gold link patterns look like handweaving patterns.

fullsizeoutput_870.jpg

SoC ring from Douglas and PP. I love how it changes color as I move it around in the light.

fullsizeoutput_86a.jpg

fullsizeoutput_86c.jpg

Last edited:
Kasumi pearls from Kojima. I also wore my SoC ring because it's my new favorite thing.

fullsizeoutput_879.jpg

And yesterday, blue diamonds and Kojima tin cup.

fullsizeoutput_878.jpg

BW....you look stunning!! Love your Kasumi pearls but I especially love your tin cup paired with blue diamonds!!

Gorrrgeous looks, BWeaves! And that linen! You got me cruising through Vivid Linen's website. And with this heat wave we've been having, it all looks extra appealing.

I put in another order to Vivid Linen. Now that I know that they ship very fast to the USA, and I like the quality and the funky shapes. I haven't had to return anything yet, so I'm curious how that will work. It's horribly hot here. I got caught in the rain in that turquoise top, and it dried so quick, I was thrilled.

BWeaves you’re making me want to place an order for stuff I hopefully won’t need soon (when will it cool down here?!)

Today’s stuffs - book locket with Kojima pearl, flower ring with Hisano freshie center, and beetle wing earrings! I’m loving these earrings, and they make such a pretty sound when they move.

A3E7585F-FE39-4999-9FA2-01259AB6CA20.jpg

OOOOO, beetle wings!!! I love those. I wove a shawl in hand dyed chenille and sewed a fringe of beetle wings on it. It sounds like a gentle rain when I wear it because the wings gently clack against each other. I'll try to remember to post a photo when I get home.

People love the "dangles" until I tell them what they are, and then they're all, "EW GROSS." It's not like I pulled the wings off the beetles. The lady I bought them from also had the complete beetle plated in gold, with a pin finding on its thorax. That grossed me out. Your earrings are lovely.

The beetle wings used to be used for the those fabrics that they now sew little mirrors on called shisha embroidery. The beetle wings look like emeralds when used instead of the mirrors. The wings are also very light weight. The mirrors, even though they are small, are heavy and add a lot of weight to the fabric.

Ohh BWeaves that sounds stunning, a beetle wing edging! Pics? la_corsetiere has an incredible dress with beetle wings all over it, it must be divine in person. I love how their colors shift - so brilliantly green in some lighting, and that gorgeous blueish purple in other lighting. Beautiful. I have one left and am going to try to bezel set it into a ring, but it might be too delicate. We shall see. I might coat it with resin first for some protection.

I want to get a bunch more. Layers of wings would make a rad statement necklace.

Beetle wings...I've never heard of such but they sound really cool. I would love to see more pics of items using beetle wings.

Kasumi earrings again, and Chinese ripple necklace. It looks prettier in person than it photographs. Funny how some pearls photograph better than they look in real life, and others do the opposite.

fullsizeoutput_889.jpg

Beetle wing shawl being photographed right now.

Beetle wing shawl. Woven in hand dyed rayon chenille, so it's very slinky and velvety on both sides. It was going to be 3 scarves, but I changed my mind after it came off the loom, and I cut it in half and sewed it up the middle with glass beads, to make a single shawl. It's hemmed, and the beetle wings are sew into the hem as a fringe.

fullsizeoutput_891.jpg

Each side has one very coppery beetle wing. All the rest are green. The back side of the wings are a dull black. They look and feel like fake finger nails.

Dang, I just noticed another broken wing. I have spares, but it's a pain to replace them. It's like restringing pearls. You have to do the whole necklace to replace one pearl.

IMG_6014.jpg

The shawl does not go with today's outfit. It looks great with black.

fullsizeoutput_893.jpg

I could definitely see Battah wearing this shawl with her earrings!!!

Last edited:
Back