Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

I didn't order from Vivid Linen for years because I wasn't sure about mail ordering expensive clothing from that far away. But I've had good experiences ordering from Boden in England, so I thought I'd finally give Vivid Linen a try, and I'm impressed with Vivid Linen so far. The package arrived quickly (6 days from China to Florida), and was nicely packaged. The linen is thick and sew with French seams and Hong Kong finishes. I've read that their sizing can be a little all over the place, so I'm trying to order the weird shapes that don't have to fit perfectly. My dress is one with wide wings on the side that wrap around and button in the back like an apron. Being very thick linen, it barely wrinkled. I just put in another order.

I thought about ordering from Vivid Linen it in white, but white and I don't get along. The white top I wore to Ruckus on Saturday had to be tossed when I got home. I got some sort of weird stain down the back that won't come out. I think something from a tree or building dripped down my back.

Last edited:
I am behind, but glad you like your dress BWeaves! Looks great with your pearls.

Also, they have a base in California. I haven’t had to return anything, but I wouldn’t think it would be that difficult and you’re not dealing with shipping and handling to Asia.

Last edited:
That's good to know. The original package came from Asia. But Boden does the same thing. Their packages ship from the UK, but are returned to a center in the USA.

So I'm doing a bit of cross-posting here. I've loaded new pictures on the mini NYC ruckus thread, but wanted to re-post my NYC ruckus dinner get-up here! Some ropes I brought to the LA Ruckus, but added Emily Thorne here and a new funky rope.
Ropes and ropes of pearls

Wow, great layers, Purr! I especially like the keshi rope and Wonder Woman ring.

Fiji layers today. Pearls are from Cees, and I randomly arranged them into strands. (Marianne knotted the long one for me when we were having a play date last year- thank you!)

Fiji layers - pearls from Cees

Wow, great layers, Purr! I especially like the keshi rope and Wonder Woman ring.

Fiji layers today. Pearls are from Cees, and I randomly arranged them into strands. (Marianne knotted the long one for me when we were having a play date last year- thank you!)

Jeg, your Fiji pearls are extraordinary!!! They amaze & fascinate me with their beauty, luster & colors! I'm going to have to get in touch with Cees just to see what he has available!!

So I'm doing a bit of cross-posting here. I've loaded new pictures on the mini NYC ruckus thread, but wanted to re-post my NYC ruckus dinner get-up here! Some ropes I brought to the LA Ruckus, but added Emily Thorne here and a new funky rope.

And this is what I'm wearing today!
Tahitian keshi pearls from Sarah (strung by me), abalone horn and hawk necklace and earrings from Heather Benjamin.
Vintage wonder woman ring from my mom, and natural Mississippi art nouveau ring adopted from Sheri.

Purranha, I am in AWE!! Those strands are fantastic & I love your super layered look!!! I also love the horn & hawk earrings & necklace! They're so unusual & unique! Your Wonder Woman ring is fabulous!!! I must say you have really raised the bar on pearl layering! Just beautiful!

Yesterday, the Hamataschen and my natural white Hanadama rope worn with my white gold Mikimoto huggies.

the Hamataschen and my natural white Hanadama rope worn with my white gold Mikimoto huggies

Today, my 10 mm baroque blue akoyas from PP and my Ruckus tin-cup from Kojima, worn with Kojima blue freshie drops on my own hoops.

10 mm baroque blue akoyas from Pearl Paradise and my Ruckus tin-cup from Kojima, worn with Kojima blue freshie drops on my own hoops

And I just got my new Ruckus Ring about 10 minutes ago. SoC pearl from Douglas set in the Frost setting from PP.

Sea of Cortez pearl set in the Frost setting from Pearl Paradise

Sea of Cortez pearl set in the Frost setting Pearl Paradise

Yeah, I posted it everywhere. I'm thrilled with it.

BWeaves....you look fantastic! Love the tin cup, so perfect for the hot, humid South! I've been wearing some of mine lately, too. That SOC ring is mesmerizing!! It's so beautiful!!!

What drew me to this particular SoC pearl was its depth. Not only did it have amazing colors, but you can see INTO it. It's like there are layers and you can see through to the layers underneath, and the colors just swirl as you move the ring around and look at the pearl from different directions. I absolutely cannot wear this ring while driving. Too distracting.

Normally I wear woven silver jewelry to my weaving guild meetings, but today I'm wearing pearls, because I didn't want the ring to be lonely. Tricolor gold bracelets from Mom.

fullsizeoutput_85b.jpg

Everything is from Kojima except the ring which is Douglas' SoC pearl in PP setting. The ring needs a name.
Everything Bagel rope, SS Tincup, Tahitian Keshi Tincup, Kasumi pendant, and Kasumi and amethyst earrings.

fullsizeoutput_85a.jpg

fullsizeoutput_859.jpg

Ohhhh I love it all of course, but that frost setting...I've had my eye on that for SO long. It is stunning!!

At Ruckus, I met Karen at the airport and she had the Frost setting in rose gold with a perfect white SS pearl, and I just thought, "That's what I want." It was gorgeous.

Tonight, my son wanted to take me out to dinner at a Korean Steak restaurant so I wore my Tahitian & South Sea ombré strands, Kojima Waterfall necklace, White South Sea & diamond earrings, & my Tahitan/Sapphire ring.

Attachments

• 20180819_175935.jpg
    20180819_175935.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 38
  • 20180819_175953.jpg
    20180819_175953.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 36
Thanks BW, Jeg, & 2thdktr! Pearls always make me feel so good! I thought the Kojima waterfall looks good with the ombré strands without being too much.

Back