Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Oh Sheri so much love to you. I’m glad you have that beautiful pendant to give you a bit of comfort (and Starbucks never hurts either!)

PD, what great luck! Hopefully Stephanie will post a lot now, too.

Pearlsandstars, love your blue baroque Akoya!

Oh no, la_corsetiere, I'm so, so sorry about Cleopatra :( It is always such a rough time when we lose a loved companion. Hugs and strength.

Thanks, Jesskat. Thomas had the perfect pearl for what I wanted & it turned out very well. He also does special orders in gold but I wanted this one in silver.

Should I redo in leather?

Should I redo in leather?

Should I turn this look into leather?
I had loose pearls, was going to do lariat. Person I use to string my pearls offered to do something different. Like it, but thinking now I want leather. What do you folks think? Any suggestions?

Pearls strung on leather would need the hole drilled large enough to accommodate the size of leather you use. The necklace you made looks nice.

Fist Full of Pearls, starring Purrt Eastwood. Now playing in a theater near you!

If little h says that lapis is the pearl lining, then I'm laying on the lapis and pearls tomorrow.

Wow, Purr... more rings than fingers!!! Love it :). Thanks for sharing the amazing beautiful little h creations!

Those are some amazing little h pieces, Purranha! Thank you for sharing the eye candy!

Fist Full of Pearls, starring Purrt Eastwood. Now playing in a theater near you!

If little h says that lapis is the pearl lining, then I'm laying on the lapis and pearls tomorrow.

LOL How funny !! And that Lapis necklace..I had those same beads several years ago...gorgeous ! I made a necklace for my sister in law and then ordered more. They were crap... never found them again. Obviously they are still out there !

Purr - Love your fist full of Geodes ! How amazing they look !!

Pearlsandstars- I can understand your trouble catching the blue. It's really hard for some reason - I've got a pile of strands and it took about 20 photos to get a decent shot.. really frustrating. Like trying to catch orient.

Yesterday I wore Mom's lapis and Freshadama necklace to visit my Dad, so he could see how I restrung it. He liked the redo.

lapis and Freshadama necklace

I wore it with my Hanadama studs from PP.

lapis and Freshadama necklace with hanadama studs

And because I'm on a lapis kick, I wore the restrung necklace with Mom's Lapis and Rice Krispie necklace. They nest better now that I've restrung the other one. It's kind of fun to see the early little wrinkled freshies next to the Freshadamas. I wore it all with lots of sapphires (earrings and rings and bracelets).

wore the restrung necklace with Mom's Lapis and Rice Krispie necklace

I only just noticed that both necklaces use the same fluted gold beads between the pearls and the lapis beads.

Last edited:
Whoa! That's some serous eye candy Purr!!! Little h stuff is so darn pretty and colorful!

BWeaves, the restringing and new pearls look great with the lapis! I like your combo too.

Mummybear, I like the necklace as is! Did you use wire or thread?

CorvetteGirl, that octo is really nice and his eyes are perfect!

And Sheri, So sorry about your kitty. I'm glad you have a beautiful pendant to keep with you. She may be gone physically, but lives in your heart and spirit.

Heat, be damned. I'm layering up anyway.

Yesterday, my little h souffle' and emerald pendant and tin cup.

little h souffle' and emerald pendant with a tin cup

Today I wore my new Vivid Linen dress. It's not very exciting looking in the photos, but it's a great backdrop for pearls. And it was cool to wear.

Everything Bagel, Long SS Tin-cup, Tahitian keshi Tin-cup from Kojima. Pistachio Akoyas from PP (Ruckus 2017, I think). Black and white Tahitian studs from Kamoka.

Long SS Tin-cup, Tahitian keshi Tin-cup from Kojima.  Pistachio Akoyas from Pearl Paradise. Black and white Tahitian studs from Kamoka

Long SS Tin-cup, Tahitian keshi Tin-cup from Kojima with Pistachio Akoyas from Pearl Paradise. Black and white Tahitian studs Kamoka

WOW. BWeaves!!! I love how your mom's restrung Lapis necklace nestles with the rice pearls & Lapis necklace. That's some serious eye candy!

Love the Little h Emerald Soufflé necklace!! I think it's divine!!

All your different strands of Tahitians, SS, keshi, & pistachio Akoya look wonderful with your new linen dress! That bagel necklace gets me every time!!

BWeaves, your lapis restring has much better proportion with the larger pearls- very pleasing to the eye.
The new dress looks very comfy and is great for your gorgeous pearls.
I liked a lot of the tops I saw on the Vivid Linen website. My horizons get expanded on this forum in more ways than one!

Back