Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Jeg thanks to your posts, I am inspired to do "pearl traveling" in the future too!

Bonsava your pearls are beautiful! Sometimes I feel that liking imitation pearls is cheating too but my mom has a strand of imitation pearls (She didn't know it was faux when she bought it tho) and man that strand is beautiful! When she found out about the pearls she was quite disappointed tho. I am planning to make a golden south sea pearl necklace and maybe trade it with my mom's imitation strand.

BWeaves that littleH pendant looks gorgeous on you! I'm looking forward to seeing you mixing and matching it with other jewelries!

Bonsava, I have loads of Majorica imitation pearls in various colors, sizes and shapes. I collect that brand specifically. They're just fun pieces.

Such a beautiful combination BWeaves.
I've been busy making a tiny chain of 3mm aquamarine rondells an tiny akoya pearls left over from my recent earringproject. It about 20cm now, around 8 inch I think. I am wirewrapping it with a 0,4mm silverwire. The wrapping is not perfect but it is so tiny noone will notice unless I take extreme closeups... I don't know how long it will be when I am finished, I just use up the pearl. That necklace had uncommonly many tiny pearls.
DSC_1021.jpg
DSC_1022.jpg
So here I am wirewrapping away, when I don't tend to our grown children, work (a lot) or tending to 2 houses (fixer upper)...

Last edited:
That is so dainty. I love the aquas with it. Do you worry about the silver tarnishing?

I know oxidized chain is "in" but I just can't do black metal. It may have been all those years that my Mom made me polish the silver.

Normally my silver jewelry doesn't tarnish BWeaves. I don't know why. Maybe because I always keeps then in a real jewelry box, lined with some fabric or something that supposedly stops tarnishing. Maybe because I don't sleep or shower with them. My daughters jewelry tarnish. I have had silver pendants untouched for years without them tarnishing. I think about it whenever I read that about silver though. I have some goldfilled/plated jewelry that do turn blackish, I could polish it up pretty easily though, with some old towels. Ones I used toothpaste, it did work.i could mske it in gold but I want to be better first, Also real goldwire is expensive, especially in sweden at about 78 times more expensive than silver when I check todays value(maybe the wrong word for it). If it gets to dark and I cannot find a way to clean it I could always rewire it. I don't like blackened silver either.

I finished it. Its about 60cm (24-25inch), with an extender thats about 7cm (2.7inch). The enddrop is removable with a springring (if I want to use the chain with a small opening pendant). I choose a simple clasp thats small enough to attach to the wireringes if I want it shorter.
DSC_1025.jpg
Today I also received my order from Druzydesign. I have som lovely small tahitian keshis as well as drilled tahitians, a pair of keshi earrings and a tahitian pendant to play with.

I restrung several of my Tahitians with Navy Serafil from Pattye's shop (previously Teal; before that, Night; before that, Black).
I think I finally got the thread color right-- I like the way it looks in all kinds of light now.
I also switched out a few more pearls and shortened. It's great being able to do one's own stringing. :)

Tahitians restrung with Navy thread.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks!
The clasps are just ball clasps but they don't interconnect. Maybe someday I'll change the clasps so they can interconnect and I can wear it as a rope.

Charlotta,
Very pretty necklace that you made! I'm wondering if the silver is rhodium plated, so it doesn't tarnish? Don't know if they do that on silver wire. Also the higher up you go in silver content, e.g., fine silver, the less it tarnishes.

Bonsava, there are also threads with information on how to string on the Lowly Beaders Club forum here. :)

https://www.pearl-guide.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?19-The-Lowly-Beaders-Club

Pearl Dreams- I learn by watching and dong-- I would love to meet you for a day halfway and have you teach me how to string! I struggle with the tutorials and the YouTube videos are difficult to see. I am very interested in learning how to restring some of my pearls and try my hand at making some new things,. I appreciate your whole tutorial though.

I restrung several of my Tahitians with Navy Beader's Secret (previously Teal; before that, Night; before that, Black).
I think I finally got the thread color right-- I like the way it looks in all kinds of light now.
I also switched out a few more pearls and shortened. It's great being able to do one's own stringing. :)

View attachment 60893
It looks lovely! What did you not like about the real thread? That's what I ordered for my multicolor Ts but Navy looks so good with yours.

2thdktr, I will message you.

Lisa, center pearl is 12.1mm (I replaced the original center pearl of the same size, so I know.) It graduates down to 8.4mm supposedly but I haven't actually measured the end pearls to check. I really need to buy a digital pearl gauge one of these days. Also a Dremel, to deal with the occasional stuck knot.

It looks lovely! What did you not like about the real thread? That's what I ordered for my multicolor Ts but Navy looks so good with yours.

Thanks!
The teal color stood out too much when the pearls were in bright sun. It just didn't look right to me. But you've already ordered it, so give it a try. Thread is cheap enough, if you decide you prefer to try Navy.

attachment.php

Charlotta, I love the wire wrap work you've done! So sweet!

PD, I am having serious envy over those Tahitians... ;)

SimplyAdorned: OMG I am so glad to hear someone else fusses over clasps. I spend entirely too long comparing some before I even buy...

PDs, absolutely love the Navy with your strand!

2thdktr, there are so many ways to string and knot. Once you've mastered the basic skill of sliding the knots next to the pearl it's really a matter of personal preference. Whatever method you decide to try, I do absolutely recommend using Beader's Secret.

Back