Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

What a colorful set. I'd drive right off the road if I was wearing that bracelet -- total eye candy!

86C, I especially like the ombré strand! Gemgeek, love your ring combo and that special pearl! Mtummybear, I really like your colorful Tahitians!

Took some photos before heading to lunch today. Sea of Cortez keshi necklace from Kojima, and baroque Akoya earrings from Simply Adorned.
D5BD7AC8-92DE-4459-8002-C7A4FFEE4385.jpg

E979EE1F-75A8-488A-B5D7-B70AF55550CE.jpg

I've got a month of catching up to do, but my first view was JEG's SOC necklace. DROOOOLL! It's gorgeous.

Thanks so much, BWeaves! So great to hear from you again!

Neck shot of GSS from last night. Also wore my favorite GSS ring. My phone tends to wash out the color. Hoping I will be able to take better pics when I get my new phone.

Attachments

• 20180617_124448.jpg
    20180617_124448.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 30
  • 20180611_141021.jpg
    20180611_141021.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
86C, I especially like the ombré strand! Gemgeek, love your ring combo and that special pearl! Mtummybear, I really like your colorful Tahitians!

Took some photos before heading to lunch today. Sea of Cortez keshi necklace from Kojima, and baroque Akoya earrings from Simply Adorned.
View attachment 60464

View attachment 60465

Beautiful necklace. I love the delicate play of color!

Dressed to the nines

Dressed to the nines

Last night was our last symphony concert for the season. I went all out and dressed to the nines with my "big boys". I am wearing my very first Tahitian strand bought 15 years ago in Hong Kong before going on a cruise. They are peacock and 12-15+mm. The second strand is a relatively current purchase from a gem show I attended a few years ago. The pearls on this necklace are also 12-15mm. Now I will succumb to 95+ heat here in the south and play it casual. However, I will wear pearls almost everyday but a little more sedate.

Attachments

• Nines.jpg
    Nines.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 25
  • TahitianSS.jpg
    TahitianSS.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 29
Last night was our last symphony concert for the season. I went all out and dressed to the nines with my "big boys". I am wearing my very first Tahitian strand bought 15 years ago in Hong Kong before going on a cruise. They are peacock and 12-15+mm. The second strand is a relatively current purchase from a gem show I attended a few years ago. The pearls on this necklace are also 12-15mm. Now I will succumb to 95+ heat here in the south and play it casual. However, I will wear pearls almost everyday but a little more sedate.
These are gorgeous!! I love the 2 strands together!!!

So beautiful! Love the combo!

Well it doesn't take long to fall behind .. somehow I missed this thread for a couple of weeks!!

GemGeek - That ring is gorgeous and the photos of the pearls... they are quite stunning !!

86C - Those pearls and that ring..you look fabulous !!

jeg - Love the earrings ! And that necklace is a real favourite !!

Luvglitz - Well you did bring the big boys out to play !! what a showstopper combo !!

Welcome, Jesscat! I love your Tahitian. I also love Kauai- you were up near some of my favorite beaches on earth.

Kauai is just magical. I'd live on the North Shore if I could. Maybe when I retire and have less people anchoring me in the mainland. I *love* your keshi necklace from Kojima! The designs there just blow my mind.

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcomes :eek: Once upon a time, I would say that I would NEVER wear pearls - turns out it's just the white freshwaters that seem to always wind up as bridesmaid's necklaces that I wasn't into :D I'm loving learning about all the types and colors!

86C, that ombre strand is absolutely to die for, and I love that ring as well!

Kauai is just magical. I'd live on the North Shore if I could. Maybe when I retire and have less people anchoring me in the mainland. I *love* your keshi necklace from Kojima! The designs there just blow my mind.

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcomes :eek: Once upon a time, I would say that I would NEVER wear pearls - turns out it's just the white freshwaters that seem to always wind up as bridesmaid's necklaces that I wasn't into :D I'm loving learning about all the types and colors!

86C, that ombre strand is absolutely to die for, and I love that ring as well!

Thank you, Jesskat & Katbran. I have wanted an ombré strand for years. When I saw this one last year, I could not resist. I'm working on getting a 26" ombré strand to wear with this one. And the ring is my favorite GSS ring. I also have the same ring in white gold with blue sapphires & a silvery Tahitian. These two rings have become my go to rings.:D

Thanks Gemgeek, 86C, Katbran and jesscat!

It has been unusually warm here. Even though it’s a few days away from officially being summer, I’m celebrating early with one of my summer/tropical favorites. Blue Tahitian strand with Monili orchid clasp and abalone pearl center from PP.
D9057153-CD53-4AB3-9A32-E1B128B01217.jpg

2DFCA5AB-BB95-4689-9A85-4D97480C60AF.jpg

3E3B05B9-C9C4-45BD-99D3-14045B16638F.jpg

OOOOOOO, JEG. I always wondered what those Monili clasps looked like. Gorgeous.

It's horribly hot today in Florida, so The Swan makes its entrance this year. Kojima drop earrings.

fullsizeoutput_76d.jpg

So after years of admiring Etienne Perret's Ceramique bands, I finally lost enough weight to wear one. (Since you can't size ceramics) I adore all of his designs, but this simple girly pink band makes my heart sing. And the 3mm size stacks nicely.

View attachment 60444

Stunning rings and pearl. I enjoyed reading about the purloined pearls. I want to congratulate you on your weight loss and your reward is that gorgeous pink ring! Way to go! You must be thrilled!

Back