Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

I’ll have to keep both your ideas in mind, Lilliefuzzysocks and Sunseeker! Hi to Pareltje and Battah- I feel like I’ve been away for a bit too, or at least not taking many pictures...

Single Tahitian pearl necklace

This is the one that started it all, taken on the way to the airport pretty much immediately after I bought it last October in Hanalei, Hawaii. I wear it almost every day and it goes with nearly everything. Without a doubt, it's my favorite necklace.

Hi, I'm Jess and I'm new, but I've been lurking awhile, and will be posting over on the beader's forum because I like making my own stuff... :) Just reading through things has helped me out so much so far!

Hi Jess! Welcome! That's an awesome necklace, it's so wearable.

jeg, sounds like you've been busy doing fabulous things, that's a good thing :)

Hi, Jess! Super pretty necklace! I look forward to seeing your creations in the beader's forum. Welcome to PG (as a non-lurker)!

Welcome, Jesscat! I love your Tahitian. I also love Kauai- you were up near some of my favorite beaches on earth.

My two current favorites are my Tahitian & South Sea Ombré 36" strand & my 18" 12-15mm Golden South Sea strand. (I'm not sure why the pics show up sideways.)

Tahitian & South Sea Ombré 36 strand18 12-15mm Golden South Sea strand

Very pretty, 86Corvettegirl! How about a neck shot of the goldens? :)

Photos showing up sideways seems to happen a lot! I rotate my photos on my computer so that I can upload them oriented correctly. If you are uploading photos from a smartphone, maybe try reducing the size of the photos to see if that solves the problem.

86Corvettegirl, your pearls are gorgeous. I have wanted a ombré strand for quite awhile.

There's a 26" ombré necklace I'm going to get in a month or so to wear with this one. They look wonderful when worn together.

Jesscat, I would want to wear that necklace all the time, too. It's perfect.
Corvette Girl - wow, that ombre is dazzling!

So after years of admiring Etienne Perret's Ceramique bands, I finally lost enough weight to wear one. (Since you can't size ceramics) I adore all of his designs, but this simple girly pink band makes my heart sing. And the 3mm size stacks nicely.

etienne pink ring.jpg

Lovely pearls everyone!

GemGeek, congratulations on your Etienne Peret purchase. It looks beautiful with the pearl ring! Is that yellow gold and what type of pearl is it?

Thank you, ladies. I'm not sure about multi quotes on this forum yet.

I plan to wear the Golden SS necklace tomorrow to dinner. I get a neck shot then & post it.

Thank you, ladies. I'm not sure about multi quotes on this forum yet.

I plan to wear the Golden SS necklace tomorrow to dinner. I get a neck shot then & post it.

This is how to multi-quote. I first clicked on the "+ icon in the lower right after your post, then the "+ icon after GemGeek's post, then the "Reply With Quote after GemGeeks' post. Then I entered text after each of your quotes, to reply to you both.

To reply to GemGeek I deleted a few parts of her post including the photo, using an ellipsis (...) to indicate the omission. This is useful if you only want to quote a part of a post.

So after years of admiring Etienne Perret's Ceramique bands, I finally lost enough weight to wear one... I adore all of his designs, but this simple girly pink band makes my heart sing....

I love the ceramic ring, GemGeek!

What a lovely ring, GemGeek ... please do tell us about the pearl ring :) !

I'm glad I'm not the only one who loves the pink ring! The pearl ring is one of the infamous purloined pearls. The YG ring was from Stuller and originally had a big South Sea button pearl, but I almost immediately banged into something that took a very visible divot out of the pearl. So Jeremy was kind enough to take off the damaged pearl and replace it with my purloined pearl. It's a yellow metallic freshwater pearl with a floating red overtone.

See it under the arrow with the big rosy overtone...

My Purloined Pearls

Back