Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Lugana: Oooo, that sounds like a dream job. Congratulations. Love your T's.

Lugana, that sounds like the best job ever, and I love your Tahitians!

Thanks, Pattye!

These were beautiful, loose, Fiji pearls from Cees. I knotted them into two strands that can nest or be worn separately.
77870BE6-6802-45D9-8B24-7212FF5FC7FA.jpg

BB103A63-7BA6-4D90-BA84-3C301E8A9726.jpg

JEG: Those are gorgeous. They nest perfectly.

Today I wore Kojima ripples with Kasumi earrings and a handwoven silk and wool blouse.

fullsizeoutput_598.jpg

Congrats with your new job, Lugana. And your peacock Ts are also gorgeous.
Jeg, you lucky duck. Your Fiji strands are very pretty.
BWeaves, great combo of your Kojima pieces and the lovely woven blouse! They fit together nicely.

Thanks so much, Marianne, BWeaves, MSC, Pareltje!

Welcome home, Jersey Pearl.

BWeaves, did you weave that lovely fabric yourself? Such a pretty combination.

Yes, I wove the fabric and designed and sewed the blouse. I'm not in Linda's league though.

Spring has been dragging its feet this year, but it's finally getting a bit warmer.

Today I wore a more open neckline and put on my baroque WSS. These always make me smile. I just love the shapes! :)

Attachments

• baroque WSS with purple top forum size.jpeg
    baroque WSS with purple top forum size.jpeg
    115.9 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
Thanks, BWeaves. I don't buy a lot of pearls, so my photos tend to be the same necklaces over and over, but I do love them. :D

Catching up here! Love seeing everyone's pearls. They inspire me to wear mine more often and try different combos.

Laguna, your job sounds like a great one! Sounds like so many opportunities to upgrade and buy new pearls. Your T strands has such pretty colors!

Jeg, loved all your travelling bunny photos. And gosh, the Fijis are remarkable! How big are they? Love the versatility of the two strands!

BWeaves, I can never tire of seeing your swan. Such a statement piece! The Kojima earring are one of my favorites in your collection too.

PD, having what you love and bring you joy is what matters the most. Your ssp strand is an eye catcher for sure!

Thanks!!! Today in "back to the classics" my Kojima freshwater drops on my diamond huggies, Mom's circle pin, and Nana's necklace worn with the clasp in back.

fullsizeoutput_59c.jpg

For the newbies, only the clasp remains of the original pearl necklace. The two strands of pearls are Freshadamas from PP. PP did a great job matching the Freshies to the akoya clasp. After 60 years of constant wear, the original akoyas were worn out. But I still think of it as Nana's necklace. It sort of reminds me of the joke about the museum that has the original ax that George Washington used to chop down the cherry tree. The handle was replaced 4 times and the ax head replaced 3 times, but it's the original ax.

Jeg, you have the most amazing Fiji strands and pick such great shades for your coloring!

Bweaves, love the textures of your handwoven blouse and the Ripple/Kasumi pearls! (And more!)

And PD, look how your WSS reflect the purple of your shirt with a soft lavender haze!

If I ever learn to do selfies, lol~

Oh, I'm horrible at selfies. I upload the photos to my laptop and edit the crap out of them. I crop them so everything is centered and spot out my zits and wrinkles. Electronic face lift, cough, cough. I don't mess with the pearls, though.

Pattye, you are right, they do reflect the colors of whatever clothes I wear.

BWeaves, I love seeing your pearls with that jacket!

gorgeous strands everyone! you guys inspire me to use my pearls more often.

still getting used to wearing my strand on a daily basis (not daily - everyday, more like daily - there's no special occasion), for fear of looking too... expensive? fashionista? :p here's my baroque akoyas, which look great even against loud prints. they didn't break the bank but they sure look like they did!

20180413_103211.jpg

Back