Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

I too am wayyyy behind on this thread.

Red, Paris happens to be my absolute most favorite place on the planet (next to the Jersey Shore in summer, of course!) I adore your photos with your SoC. And I am amazed that you found something LESS EXPENSIVE than in the US!! I never have that luck....

MSC, that ring has a very very special place in my heart. xoxoxoxo

I haven't posted a photo in a while because I don't have anything new. So here's some old pearls.

My birthday choker that my Mom bought when I was born.
Aunt Love's Blue Lagoon 18" strand.
My very first real pearls, the rope.
And some Mikimoto earrings I bought a few years ago. These are the yellow gold ones.
All akoyas. All in the 5.5 to 6.5 mm range in size. Very light and comfortable to wear.

IMG_4240.jpg

They give me the look of a long, long rope without having to keep readjusting it.

IMG_4241.jpg

Weird, my photos usually don't flip sideways. Oh well, pretend I'm lying down.

Well, you look just fine horizontal, BWeaves :) ... but I'd like another look at your pretty pearls, and that lovely wrap ... is it one of your weavings?

IMG_4240RSUP.jpgIMG_4241RSUP.jpg

Thanks Cathy. No, it's not one of my handwovens, although I'm thinking of copying it. It's a thin merino wool infinity scarf / shawl sort of a thing. It matches some wool T-shirts I have from Ibex (who just went out of business, boohoo). At first I didn't wear it, but now I wear it as a shawl, a shrug, a scarf, a hood, a belt. It's great for travel because it folds up to nothing, but adds a little warmth when I need it. And it seems to go with everything.

My pleasure, BWeaves. Love the color of that wrap thing; I have some yarn in the same shades.

I think I need to restring my rope. I recently restrung it on Beader's Secret and I really pulled the knots too tight. It's not loosening up. It always takes me a few tries when restringing. I need to loosen up on my knot pulling, but I can't stand a pearl that slips around between knots. And this strand doesn't have the weight to it to naturally pull on the knots.

Today I wore a new combination. My Kasumi pendant from Kojima on my yellow gold knit choker. La Perlagrina from Kamoka. And my Tahitian keshi necklace from Kojima. Topped off with my black and white Tahitian stud earring sfrom Kamoka.

fullsizeoutput_579.jpg

That's a great look, BWeaves ... I find red hard to wear pearls on sometimes, but those pearls just GLOW against that red shirt ... very nice :)

Love the layering, BWeaves, as well as the red, of course. I still have snow in my yard, but summer will come someday.

BWeaves, before re-stringing, you might want to see if centripetal force will stretch out the knots. I kid you knot (pun intended :p).

Hold the strand firmly by one of the pearls and swing it around 5 or 10 times -- do it where you have lots of space to swing it.

I've been gently tugging on the rope, but I'll definitely give the swinging it around a try.

The rope got several inches shorter this last time I strung it, so I still think I strung it way, way too tight. Of course, it was too loose the time before, so somewhere there's a happy medium.

MSC, LOVE that graceful ring and your keshi creations!

BWeaves, Perfect layering on the cute t-shirts! Great suggestion from PD for helping your rope to relax. I hope you won't have to restring. A couple of other ideas: let the pearls run through your hands as you apply some tension, also roll back and forth against your thigh as you apply outward pressure. I'd give it a few more wearings and hope it won't need reknotting.

BWeaves, I love the set with the red tee. May I ask where you got the top?

MSC, my jaw dropped (literally) when I saw your BBA and SoC!

Thank you, pattye and babynurse!

BWeaves - WOW love that latest combo!

Happy Easter and Passover everyone!
IMG_1527.jpg
IMG_1526.jpg

ETA: I had these done in silver originally, but recently changed them to gold because silver was washing the pearls out.

Last edited:
Oh, I love that tin cup in yellow gold.

BN, I bought that red wool T-shirt from Ibex. Unfortunately, they just went out of business a couple of months ago. I hate it when a "made in America" company goes out of business.

Icebreaker also sells wool and wool/tencel T-shirts, but their clothing is a bit more sport related. Ibex had both sport and everyday clothing. My infinity scarf/shawl thing was also from Ibex.

Back