Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

I have a "tell." I bought a cute leather bracelet at my weaving conference this past weekend. It's a 16 inch strip of leather printed as a measuring tape that you double wrap around your wrist. I showed it to some of my weaving friends and tried to convince them to buy one, too. When you're weaving, it's handy to have a measuring tape with you.

Then one of them said, "I'm single. I'll never get a date if I'm wearing a measuring tape on my wrist."

DOH!

Last edited:
I had the 18" version of that leather measuring tape bracelet in my hands at the knitting shop last week, BWeaves. Are you finding it comfortable? The one I tried was a bit stiff and scratchy so I held off. Your friend's comment is LOL hilarious :)

Oh, Thank You for that tip, JerseyPearl! Harsh, cold, dry PA winters indoors ... we keep buckets of 100% shea butter around :)

I had the 18" version of that leather measuring tape bracelet in my hands at the knitting shop last week, BWeaves. Are you finding it comfortable? The one I tried was a bit stiff and scratchy so I held off. Your friend's comment is LOL hilarious :)

Cathy: The bracelets came in several colors, and the different colors were very different feeling leathers. I bought the grey one because it was very soft and supple. Almost like a suede. I liked the color of the red one, but it was stiff and a bit scratchy. I'll have to remember the shea butter trick.

I have neatsfoot oil that I use to oil the leather bearings on my spinning wheels. I'm not sure I want to put neatsfoot oil on items that come in contact with my clothing, though. Still, if it's used on saddles, I guess it comes in contact with pants.

My SoC erotochromic ring is about to enjoy a kir royale. Cheers!

Sea of Cortez erotochromic ring

Ooo La La, Red! Love Laduree- have a macaron for me! How long are you there for? I’ll be there next week!

Will do, jeg. Arrived last Friday, and leave this coming Saturday. Laduree is a must visit for me.

Enjoy your trip next week, and hopefully the snowy weather will be gone by then.

Darn, that would’ve been fun to have a rendezvous! Your erotochromic is a perfect traveling ring. Flashy, but a nice low profile so it doesn’t bang on things. And you can wear gloves over it in that snow. Enjoy the rest of your trip- my favorite macaron is the pistachio!

Indeed, my ring is all of that, plus what you can't see, is that it fits perfectly.

I had a single macaron for dessert. It was pistachio. Great minds, and all...

Red, maybe vanilla for tomorrow???

This is a strand of SS Myanmar/Burmese pearls. It was a very special strand of loose pearls I received from Carolyn Ehret. I couldn’t wait to knot it, but I don’t have quite the right supplies, (needs a better clasp) so this is temporary so I can wear it now. The colors are a range of pistachio, golden, silver, and creamy white and the look of the total strand kind of shifts depending on what it is against besides the lighting.

SS Myanmar/Burmese pearls from Carolyn Ehret

SS Myanmar/Burmese pearls from Carolyn Ehret

With my SS strand-
SS Myanmar/Burmese pearls worn with my white SS strand

OMG Jeg, those are stunning ... any more of those left ... anywhere, in the world??? Wow, so beautiful; congratulations!
Have a great time in Paris, Red ... and upcoming for you, Jeg. I was once in Paris ... for all of 2 hours; never even got a glimpse of the Eiffel Tower lol ... but the train station was remarkable. Have fun Ladies!

Ohhh jeg! Those are phenomenal!! And they seem to really suit your skin tone. I think we may need another pic or two...?

I love those big, glorious pistachio, etc. South Seas. Wow!!

Back