Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

What lovely bracelets, Jeg ... makes me wonder why I do not have a Tahitian pearl bracelet? Now groundhogs, oh, we have LOTS of those here in PA .... They NEVER show their nasty little heads till long after any hint of cold is gone ... when they pop up to eat every garden plant you've ever had, sigh. That whole "Phil" thing is a punk on tourists I'm afraid LOL ... any seen on TV came straight from a zoo ;)

jeg that's so cuuuute! Love the pearls, and the sweet presentation! <3

Thanks everyone! Cathy, you definitely need a Tahitian bracelet. (at least one!) Those groundhogs sound like a nuisance! I have never seen one. Stuffies are much lower maintenance. These critters are from Okinawa, and have little bells on their tails. Maybe they need to upgrade to pearls?!

D211BD17-F78F-4495-A40B-AF5859FC0C78.jpg

I’ve had these strands forever and haven’t worn them much. I decided to mix them up and create long ropes. I ended up leaving the largest mm multi strand intact for now, but used the other strands.

8F8D3986-96DA-4FA4-AA6E-16EBA87B181B.jpg

06C70FDE-73C4-4DE9-A49C-308A53B42DA2.jpg

Wow, the luster on those pearls is unreal Jeg ... lovely! Poor groundhogs are definitely NOT in the cute category of animals. My daughter has one burrowing under the foundation of her house ... all efforts by the dog, the kid, the ducks, and adult humans to extract or move this thing have failed ... while it wreaks destruction ....

We have a cute groundhog that visits our back yard yearly; it hasn't touched anything we planted, just eats the weeds at the very back of the yard where the growth is untended. (Beyond that is a small wooded area that doesn't belong to us.)
I can see why people would be distressed by their plants being devoured, though.

Thanks Cathy! I think I will wear them more this way. I am not fond of rodents of any sort because of their destructive tendencies on the house and yard. I’ve seen photos of Punxsutawney Phil’s teeth and they are nasty! However, PearlDreams, I might be willing to change my mind if there were such a thing as a weed eating species!

You're lucky to have a cute groundhog that doesn't eat your plants, Pearl Dreams! No such luck here in PA; they eat anything and fear little, and they're FAST. Or maybe we're just tired of that whole "Punx Phil" thing and view them with jaundiced eyes ...

Love how the new ropes turned out, jeg!
As far as rodents go… well, they can just go!!!

I love the reworked strand.

I love the stuffed critters.

Ride a cock-horse to Banbury Cross, (cock-horse = toy horse head on a broom handle)
To see a fine lady upon a white horse;
Rings on her fingers and bells on her toes, (Tails?)
And she shall have music wherever she goes.

As far as unwanted rodents are concerned, I think I've mentioned this before. Pee in their hole. Mark your territory. Just pee in a cup and pour the urine around and into their burrows. They won't like it and should go somewhere else within a week. Urine is free, natural, not poisonous, and the animals understand that it means you own that spot.

Last edited:
jeg, love your reworked strand! That’s some seriously gorgeous luster.

BW I just adore your swan, it’s so lovely!

Today’s look - I removed a few pairs of GSSP from my harvest strand to get it to the right length, and turned them into earrings. They’re wrapped with a tiny loop at either end so I can wear them reversed like this, or flip one to make the pair symmetrical. The ear wires are all I had on hand when I made them but I’ll be swapping them out, I don’t love them this way.

8A5B5492-1BD1-492E-82D8-1FD3D11713C0.jpg

jeg, love your reworked strand! That’s some seriously gorgeous luster.

BW I just adore your swan, it’s so lovely!

Today’s look - I removed a few pairs of GSSP from my harvest strand to get it to the right length, and turned them into earrings. They’re wrapped with a tiny loop at either end so I can wear them reversed like this, or flip one to make the pair symmetrical. The ear wires are all I had on hand when I made them but I’ll be swapping them out, I don’t love them this way.

View attachment 58640

Hmm is PG mixing things up? I just posted my earrings for today and it put them a page back, and the time stamps all seem off...

Back