Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

jeg the colours of your fijis are gorgeous!
msc your style is so cool chic and those blues. heart eyes

a couple of days back. simple pearl pendant for me PhotoGrid_1517709879988.jpg

Jeg, fantabulous Fiji you have there.
Kalmen22, I love the simplicity of your necklace.

20180204_192846.jpg
Jeg, wow.... the colours of your Fiji pearls!
Kalmen, I prefer the simple clean styles too.
My favourite ring of the moment is a simple tahitian pearl (from Jac) with a PP setting. I have had this pearl for a long time but could not decide whether to set it. It is not perfect but the 'flaws' are hardly noticeable with that luster and colour.

Last edited:
Thank you, Kalmen, Pareltje, Elisha and Sunseeker! Kalmen and Elisha, I like your single statement pearls!

Kamoka harvest bracelet-
A1BF98B0-99A8-4065-BFF1-10E9EAB5C2BE.jpg

Kamoka tin cup-
BC1AC6C0-2E1F-4A35-900B-4DFFC9FE0938.jpg

A better photo of the colors I’ve posted before-
6A77BCF8-8C79-4779-82B8-E85CEB5E9A59.jpg

Kalmen that sleek pendant is just lovely. And BTW I get such a kick out of seeing your adventures on instagram, you have such a fun life!

Elisha, that ring is lovely.

jeg beautiful as always! I especially love the harvest bracelet - that clasp with the center keshi is perfect.

battah hahaha the supposed good life on instag! but I a blessed that I get to do the work I love and still spend time with the kiddos

kamoka sigh. jeg u have some great pieces

JEG, your collection is beautiful.

Let's see, what have I worn recently.

Mikimoto white gold huggies. Mom's choker. My baroque akoyas and my Hanadama rope from PP.

fullsizeoutput_51f.jpg

fullsizeoutput_520.jpg

Mom's rice krispie freshwater torsade with dragon's head clasp.

fullsizeoutput_529.jpg

Mom's akoya ring and freshwater bracelet.

fullsizeoutput_52a.jpg

All the blues linked together, and Mom's Wedgwood brooch with mother of pearl safety.

fullsizeoutput_52b.jpg

fullsizeoutput_52c.jpg

New to me Swan. My sister said she didn't wear brooches, so I suggested she give me Mom's other swan brooch and I gave her some of Mom's earrings that I wasn't wearing. This swan has blue sapphires and diamonds, and two ruby eyes. There's even a ruby eye on the backside of the swan's head. Worn with my Kojima baroque Tahitians. You can't see it but it has a sapphire clasp.

fullsizeoutput_52d.jpg

BWeaves, it’s unanimous, the Rice Krispies are a winner! Your hanadama rope is a favorite of mine, too.

BWeaves- love the swan with the gorgeous T's. I also have many vintage pieces-- never thought to pair them with my pearls. Thanks for the idea. Could you please post a close-up of the swan? It is beautiful

Yesterday, old school pearls. Mom's akoya choker and her circle pin. My yellow gold Mikimoto huggies.

2908 78909887339 2623651 n

Three Men In A Boat (To Say Nothing Of The Dog), by Jerome K. Jerome
Chapter XIV

Harris and the Swans

It WAS just when we had given up all hope, and I must therefore say so. Just when we had given up all hope, then, I suddenly caught sight, a little way below us, of a strange, weird sort of glimmer flickering among the trees on the opposite bank. For an instant I thought of ghosts: it was such a shadowy, mysterious light. The next moment it flashed across me that it was our boat, and I sent up such a yell across the water that made the night seem to shake in its bed.

We waited breathless for a minute, and then – oh! divinest music of the darkness! – we heard the answering bark of Montmorency. We shouted back loud enough to wake the Seven Sleepers – I never could understand myself why it should take more noise to wake seven sleepers than one – and, after what seemed an hour, but what was really, I suppose, about five minutes, we saw the lighted boat creeping slowly over the blackness, and heard Harris’s sleepy voice asking where we were.

There was an unaccountable strangeness about Harris. It was something more than mere ordinary tiredness. He pulled the boat against a part of the bank from which it was quite impossible for us to get into it, and immediately went to sleep. It took us an immense amount of screaming and roaring to wake him up again and put some sense into him; but we succeeded at last, and got safely on board.

Harris had a sad expression on him, so we noticed, when we got into the boat. He gave you the idea of a man who had been through trouble. We asked him if anything had happened, and he said-

“Swans!”

It seemed we had moored close to a swan’s nest, and, soon after George and I had gone, the female swan came back, and kicked up a row about it. Harris had chivied her off, and she had gone away, and fetched up her old man. Harris said he had had quite a fight with these two swans; but courage and skill had prevailed in the end, and he had defeated them.

Half-an-hour afterwards they returned with eighteen other swans! It must have been a fearful battle, so far as we could understand Harris’s account of it. The swans had tried to drag him and Montmorency out of the boat and drown them; and he had defended himself like a hero for four hours, and had killed the lot, and they had all paddled away to die.

“How many swans did you say there were?” asked George.

“Thirty-two,” replied Harris, sleepily.

“You said eighteen just now,” said George.

“No, I didn’t,” grunted Harris; “I said twelve. Think I can’t count?”

What were the real facts about these swans we never found out. We questioned Harris on the subject in the morning, and he said, “What swans?” and seemed to think that George and I had been dreaming.

Oh, how delightful it was to be safe in the boat, after our trials and fears! We ate a hearty supper, George and I, and we should have had some toddy after it, if we could have found the whisky, but we could not. We examined Harris as to what he had done with it; but he did not seem to know what we meant by “whisky,” or what we were talking about at all. Montmorency looked as if he knew something, but said nothing.

----------

Ahem! Swans!

fullsizeoutput_52f.jpg

fullsizeoutput_530.jpg

The sapphire swan has ruby eyes on both sides of her head.
The ruby swan has a variety of loops on the back side, so it could be worn as a pendant in a variety of different ways. I have not tried this yet.
The pearl swan is mounted in a bezel so if I ever decide to change the setting, the pearl can easily be removed with no damage or drill holes in it.

fullsizeoutput_535.jpg

fullsizeoutput_531.jpg

fullsizeoutput_536.jpg

fullsizeoutput_537.jpg

Back