Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Battah, a little cup of hot chocolate with whipped cream! (not a coffee drinker here :) Adorable. How aggravating about the formula changes on the metal clay!!!

Sanippey those keshi studs are darling :)

My Sis making a selfie in metallic ombre CFW triple strand, that we got for our Mom from PP.

metallic ombre CFW triple strand, that we got for our Mom from Pearl Paradise

battah - I just had a repair for someone who managed to manhandle a very long Earring that she bought a year ago and snap the join. She sent it back so I could make her a new one. I think everyone who glues on a pearl worries that it may fall off...I'm not going to do that anymore. It took me hours to get that pearl off without snapping the pin. I soaked the whole thing in Acetone several times and left it in boiling water , alternating and then gently pulling the pearl, not twisting at all. After 4 hours I got it off ( obviously it spend a lot of time soaking in one thing or another) Now that was a big ripple on a long pin .. so it might not take you as long. If all else fails you might have to use a torch on the underside just enough to heat up the metal but not damage the pearl. But, I know nothing about clay..I use Sterling metal and it might behave differently.
Good luck - that's certainly annoying that they fiddle with the formula.

Wow lots to catch up on here! Gorgeous as always!

battah - I love the hydrangea ring! It's the perfect blossom for that design.
sanippy - I adore your keshi collection! I love your stormy and clear day cloud studs :) And I may need to get up with Cees about golden keshi because yours are lovely!

MSC, so wonderful to see you here!
For soaking off pearls, I recommend Attack. I find that no matter what kind of glue used, Attack seems to break it down. But it is nasty stuff, so it should be used with great caution (eye and skin protection; used in well ventilated area). It won't harm the pearls, but it can harm you.
Lovely pearls everyone!

Aloha! The traveling pearl and I are back in Hawaii! We are with a bunch of friends, so not enough time to get away for many pictures.

The traveling pearl was so excited to be on our beach walk this morning that it was bouncing all around with the trade winds and couldn’t focus.
the traveling pearl

More trade winds
the traveling pearl trade winds

They were getting ready to film an episode of Hawaii Five-O!
episode of Hawaii Five-O

Now I have the Ventures "Hawaii 5-0" theme song running through my head. I love that tune.

The temperature is actually above freezing since I can't remember when! I'm heading out to a late lunch at a local Mexican restaurant with my daughter, who has been slaving away at her senior Honors thesis and needs a break.

I'm wearing my cheapo lavender FW strand and similarly cheapo lavender button studs. I like the green overtones in some of the pearls. :D

my cheapo lavender FW strand
cheapo lavender button studs

I don't know how cheapo that is, but it looks gorge, PD!

I bought a pair of 12mm white ssps a couple of months back, and due to a very toxic yearend, I just got my first white ssp studs yesterday -- yes, I am THAT late.

They started out as this:
Golay studs.jpg

Had them set as studs with 18k rose gold. Voila!

golay white ssp set.jpg

Test drive!

golay white ssp ear.jpg

Let's all have a shiny shimmering new year -- and new pearl jewelry sounds like the right way to do it! :p

Edison Pearl Necklace

Edison Pearl Necklace

I didn't have a chance to post these pictures of one of the treasures I snagged during one of the PP flash sales at Christmass. I have always been "in love" with metallic FW pearls, and I just couldn't help myself and bought this strand. It is described as 18" with the dominate colors being rich purple, magenta, dark coppers with flashes of green. And, in keeping with my mantra "bigger is better", the center pearl is 14.4mm. I took them with me to Florida to wear over the holidays and wore them on New Year's day.. The drop I attached is an eBay purchase.

pearl paradise edisonpearl paradise edison with enhancerpearl paradise edison with enhancer close uppearl paradise edison with enhancer on neck close upwearing pearl paradise edison with enhancerwearing pearl paradise edison with enhancer close up

Back