Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Red, the glow of your harvest strand is warming me up! It's freezing here too, and snowing as well.

I'm heading back to the basement for more decluttering, this time wearing a 14mm Majorica imitation gold and white necklace. (I draw the line on dusty housework while wearing my real pearls).

I like the clasp on this one, too...it's like an orbit clasp, but bean-shaped, which makes it easier to use. I'd love to find this kind of clasp in gold.

14 mm majorica gold and white necklacemajorica bean clasp

Everyone is glowing in their pearls! Snowy here today, and cold, but nothing like the cold in Red's neighborhood, thank goodness :) Red, that drop is divine with your Harvests; the custom bail is lovely. Jeg, talk about glowing ... what a stunning look that is! Pkinnew would be pleased.

Thank you, Luvglitz and jeg. I wanted a harvest rope with a gold center pearl, and I liked the great variety of pearl sizes. Big pearls and small pearls mixed together. It seemed that some of the strands had more uniform pearl sizes, which some people like, I should add.

Thanks so much, Cathy! I am really happy to have a few of Pkinnew’s pieces.

Xmas gift from boyfriend. Tahitian strand from Pearl Paradise. Such lovely multicolors. So in LOVE with them AAA quality . :eek:

my new Tahitian strand from Pearl Paradise, christmas gift from boyfriend

Last edited:
Gorgeous Ts!

Mismatched studs from Ocean Cove with my PP baby Ts today. BWeaves, you are so right. Mismatched studs go with everything!

Mismatched studs from Ocean Cove with my Pearl Paradise baby Tahitians

wearing Mismatched studs from Ocean Cove with my Pearl Paradise baby Tahitians

Don't they, though!!! They don't even have to match the necklace, but they still "go."

Jeremy pointed out once that even if they are the exact same size, the black pearl will look smaller than the white pearl. It doesn't bother me, but it's an interesting optical illusion.

jeg - beautiful pearls - the Y necklace is gorgeous !
Red- Those Goldens are stunning - that drop is amazing.
PD - that looks great and I love the clasp !!
IHEART - Very pretty Tahitians !!
Sanippy - those baby T's are sooo shiny ! And the earrings are fabulous - I know what you mean about the white one looking larger - it's a weird illusion but so true. I see it all the time and have to break out the callipers just to be sure.

Oh my goodness Jeg, that y necklace is stunning! Your whole look there just glows.

Red, your goldens are gorgeous. Love how they set off the pendant!

PD, I love how you still insist on looking elegant, even while cleaning :)

IHP, love the T strand! What a lovely gift :)

Wow Sanippy you’re right, they really do go with everything! What a great idea.

My look for the day, even though I had to carry the ring in to work because it didn’t fit under my gloves (I’m still freezing!). Hydrangea two-finger ring that I made, with gorgeous freshies from Kojima, plus taco and coffee mug charms (I added a little pearl to the coffee mug like a dollop of foam :) )

Hydrangea two-finger ring made with freshwater pearls from Kojima

That ring is GORGEOUS. And the charms are adorable.

I'm not sure if I could handle a two fingered ring. I tend to go for very smooth surfaces and bezel set stones, because otherwise my yarns snag on the rings. But I love the look of those flowers between the fingers. Swooning.

Thanks, BWeaves! i totally understand, these rings are definitely fussy, and they kind of have to be fitted to your hand. And I don't wear them with sweaters for sure! Very snaggy. The nice thing about making them for myself is that I can keep fiddling with the fit til it feels good. But in annoying news, the manufacturer of this particular metal clay (formerly my favorite, now not so much) keeps changing their formula and I don't really love it now. One of the petals just broke off, and since I already attached the pearls, it'll be a pain to repair. Color me annoyed...

Battah, your ring is beautiful. I can’t believe you made that! How annoying re the metal clay.

That is a really cool ring, Battah. I hope you are able to fix it. I especially like that mug charm!!

Sanippy and jeg, thanks! Yes super annoying about the clay. I'll have to figure out how to repair it... I might need to figure out how to take off the epoxy. Ugh.

jeg I just made mugs for a couple of my girlfriends at work, we share a coffee pot so I thought it was a cute holiday gift.

The little charms are super cute!

Not nearly as creative as Battah (all it took was a little glue action) but here are my SSP keshi studs, hot off the press!

DD62C3F9-F9E8-4E37-893C-5BF8CEBFA720.jpg

C5BFEDDB-1272-4FB2-A5D3-2B74ED6D1E99.jpg

With my Kamoka keshi clouds:
EF0778E6-F35D-416B-B4C9-63CCDB90B755.jpg

And playing around with a tin cup idea:

850C5997-0A4F-4097-83B9-4742F1845AFC.jpg

Nipples!!! Um, sorry. The keshi studs look gorgeous.

That's terrible about the petal. I've never really understood how precious metal clay works compared with working with metal.

Ooooh Sanippy those are beautiful! Did you get the keshi from Cees? I've become slightly obsessed with all forms of SSPs lately, they're so gorgeous.

BWeaves, once metal clay is fired it's metal, so it has the same properties as any other metal. However, generally speaking it's going to be a bit more porous than sheet metal or wire, so soldering it can be tricky. It can be done, it's just fiddly. It can also be a bit more brittle, but honestly if the manufacturer didn't keep messing with their recipe that wouldn't be an issue... Every formulation fires slightly differently so the first few times are a learning experience. But theoretically when you stick with the same type/brand of clay, once you have your firing method sorted out it should be consistent. Hence my irritation at the changes. Oh well. I have a fun idea for repair.

I love your keshi, Sanippy!! Great shapes! I have been wearing keshi posts almost exclusively lately. I’ll look forward to seeing your SS project completed, and Battah, same thing for your ring repair!

Back