Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Annie -Love those aquas. Gorgeous rope.

Luvglitz- Nice choice of the Fiji strands. Strong colors and great shapes.

I am enjoying these souffles. They give a totally different vibe than a strand of small round pearls. More of a power vibe. And, with their light weight, they are so easy to wear. Thanks for the nice comments.

Last edited:
How lucky to be able to borrow the SoC necklace, Battah. So pretty!

Red, you were definitely dressed to impress with your statement pieces!

Kalmen, I agree, you can never have too many T’s.

Really beautiful overtones on your rope, annie!

Luvglitz! Can’t wait to see more photos of that strand!

I am so behind on this thread...

Luvglitz - pretty Fiji pearl necklace, neck shot please.
annie - love your aqua Tahitians.
I put away all my pearls in the vault since soon I'm going to travel again to a warm place. I did leave a few cheapos with me. Here's one of them, a beaded necklace with some white freshwater pearls fringe.
beaded necklace with some white freshwater pearls fringe

Ah I saw the Fiji sale too late. Can't wait to see yours!

Those aqua are gorgeous!!! Love it against the grey

A fun layered look.

fun layered look

Cool beaded necklace. Love the "Girl with a pearl earring" centerpiece and the scalloped necklace, and of course the fringe!

OMG, so many other goodies. I need to see Fijis in person, I think. The photos were just too brown for me. I hope that's just my monitor making them look dull, because everyone raves about them in person. I know I had the same problem with Tahitians until I saw them in person. Photos just don't do them justice.

Annie, your aqua strand really “pops” and show it’s color. I bought an iridescent green strand from the Black Friday sale too, but so far I have taken abysmal neck shots of it. I just can’t get it’s colors to reveal themselves. I have to try another room with different natural light.

Hey Ladies! The SoC strand that is currently on a playdate with Battah is actually the strand I rehomed from pkinnew when she sold her pearl collection. I wanted to acknowledge that since it is always a special moment when we see pkinnew's strand being rehomed by fellow PGers and making appearances on the forum. It is also the sibling strand to Gabby Giffords' strand and debut at the Ruckus a few years back.

Since I've been wearing mostly ropes, the mabe strand has been a bit neglected so I sent them to battah for fostering over the holidays! Including a few more original glamour shots and ruckus photos here.

_23914.jpg_23915.jpg_24248.jpgSea-of-Cortez-Mabe-Necklace.jpg

luvglitz I can't wait to see the Fijis! They seem to be such a mystery, I'm looking forward to seeing some in person at some point.

annie, those aquas are great with that sweater.

Pareltje, fun necklace!

Kalmen, I like that combo, very cute.

Purrrrrrr I feel so special wearing this gorgeous necklace, thank you for letting it visit me :) It's beautiful on its own but the story makes it even better. Also, it was a hit with the little girls at my daughter's first grade party yesterday, they kept telling me it was pretty :)

The Tahitian rope is stunning, and so are the SoC mabes. I can't wait to see neck shots of the Fijis.

I took my Kojima Tahitian tin-cups out for a spin today with my Komoka B/W studs and Mom's cameo girl with a diamond earring.

Komoka B/W studs and Mom's cameo girl with a diamond earring

Yesterday I wore my PP Tahitian strand nested inside my Kamoka Tahitian strand, with my Kojima T and opal drop earrings. The two necklaces don't match at all, but I love them together.

Pearl Paradise Tahitian strand nested inside my Kamoka Tahitian strand, with my Kojima T and opal drop earrings

Red, jeg, Pareltje, kalmen22, Luvglitz, battah, Jeremy, and BWeaves, Thank you for the complements on my Tahitian rope.

Luvglitz, I hope you post pictures of your strand!

BWeaves, your pearls are lovely but I especially enjoy your mom's cameo.

BWeaves, I really love your keshi necklaces from Kojima. They look great worn together.

BWeaves those 2 keshi tincup necklaces look fabulous worn together!

Thank you katbran for the compliment about the aqua rope.

I'm still on the fence about my round Tahitian rope, mostly because of the color. :confused: I'm wearing it at home today in a monochromatic look with my heather grey top. I'm loving the round pearls (I only have one other strand of Tahitian rounds) and the change in size from front to back is well done.

The front pearls are a nice 10.5mm...so no complaints there :)

My tahitian rope - still on the fence

We have good light here this afternoon so I've been taking a few pictures. Here they are in the "light box":

Tahitian rope in good afternoon light

Last edited:
BWeaves - Those two Kojima keshi station necklaces look fabulous together.

Annie - That is a gorgeous Tahitian round rope, but I don't think it is at its best against your grey top. I bet it will pop against a white shirt, for example.

These are real Fiji pearls, but I used two bracelets, a pendant, and an extender to assemble a "faux" necklace. Just for fun on a casual Saturday at home.

Fiji pearl necklace made from several pieces

Wow Red! I love your Fiji necklace! The colors are beautiful. I didn't understand the fuss when I saw them for sale this week...but seeing a real life shot changes my mind.

Thank you, Annie. But, remember, these Fiji pearls were selected one by one for the most vibrant colors. Premade strands are at a disadvantage as they may contain pearls that I would not have chosen for my bracelets.

Back