Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Hi Ladies! It's been a long hiatus for me as I took a trip home to Taipei to visit mom & sis and took a detour diving trip to Palau with our very own la_corsetiere. Will do some postings from the trip but haven't had the time, hope to do so soon. I of course did some shopping in a little local boutique in Taipei called "my poor mom's drawer". ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Introducing Miss July!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Introducing Miss July!

Miss July is stunning! Your mom's jewelry drawer must look like a gem boutique, Purr ;)

Pareltje- Your GSS combo is gorgeous! What a way to cheer yourself up. You must be downright giddy today!

Welcome back Purr!!! I am so excited to hear all about your trip! Sounds like a great adventure. Your mom sure has/had a lot of beautiful things. I bet that gives her such pleasure to know how much you love her things. Does she still buy more jewelry or does she just have an endless stash for you to go through?

Pareltje, please tell us more about those stunning GSS!
Turning the photo for you....

They really suit your skin tone. I think you got winners there!
What clasp did you end up using?

Pareltje's GSS photo

Last edited:
Pareltje- your GSS strand is stunning. I really like it with the black shirt.

Purranah- Love all things octopi. What a statement piece!

jeg, PD, eclecticgrl, thank you for your kind words, ladies.
PD, yes, that's the darkest strand of the whole collection. I just finished stringing them with gold Beader's Secret and finish it off with a double-flower clasp in yellow and white gold. The color pops well against my dark blue fleece.

Love the goldens. Love Miss July. Love the jewelry store name, hehehe.

My sister and I used to play in my mother's jewelry box, while she supervised. It was fun trying on Mom's jewelry. The ultimate jewelry store.

Once during a jewelry box session, we heard a lot of grunting and panting coming from the other room. My Dad and brother were wrestling in the the living room. During a break in the action, we heard Dad say, "I'm only doing this in self defense." We laughed so hard.

Sheri, JP, jeg, and BWeaves, thank you so much! I forgot I had the crescent, must wear it more. And re: the Tahitian/keshi rope, when I made it my intention was to keep collecting Tahitians and eventually put together a harvest-style strand, so this one was kind of an interim style. But I love it and won't be taking it apart.

Pareltje, that strand is just stunning. The color is just right against your skintone - love it.

PURRRRRRR you know how I feel about that ring <3 And your expeditions into your mama's jewelry box! I want to be her when I grow up :)

Thanks for the photo, Pareltje! It's really pretty -- how does it work? :confused:

It's a modified lobster claw or modified trigger clasp actually. You see a small handle on one of the bigger flower's petal, if you press that down, the moving part of the clasp opens. Wait, I'll post a picture or two.
modified lobster claw or modified trigger clasp

modified lobster claw or modified trigger clasp connected

Last edited:
Thanks battah for the compliment. I'm still delirious from the goldens.
PD, I saw it in a pearl shop and grabbed it right away, didn't even hesitate.

Welcome back, Purranha ... you were missed! Glad your trip to the "jewelry store" was so successful; hope you said Hi to Mom from her fan club here :)

What a cool clasp. I love that they worked the business end of the clasp into the actual flower petal.

Thanks BWeaves for your compliment. I actually looked for a Koehle clasp but I couldn't find an online shop which sells this brand in Europe so I just bought what's available in a B & M shop.

Pareltje that clasp is awesome! I love clasps that are pretty enough to wear to the front, and I always give bonus points for mixed metal colors :) (Yes I mentally assign points).

Pareltje that clasp is awesome! I love clasps that are pretty enough to wear to the front, and I always give bonus points for mixed metal colors :) (Yes I mentally assign points).

That's my idea, that's also why I bought this clasp. I can wear it to the front, to the side, and I can even use it as a shortener. It's versatile.

Back