Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Today is a fall harvest kind of day!

fall harvest kind of day

fall harvest kind of day

And just because I want to still feel warm, my new flower ring indoors.
(Bailey, if you see this, I measured and the flower is between 1.25- 1.5)

my new flower ring indoors

Wearing my first Tahitian Pearl necklace from PP. I'm completely smitten with these type of pearls!

Wearing my first Tahitian Pearl necklace from Pearl Paradise

Not sure what I did, that the pictures were duplicated!

In any case I wanted to add that that everyone's jewelry is beautiful! My favorite is the flower ring from Jeg!

Thanks so much Lilpearl! I love Tahitians, too. Enjoy wearing your new pearls- they look great on you!

Fabulous, jeg! The harvest theme in your photo with the beautiful foliage is just perfect <3 I think we should all do harvest photos with our strands once Thanksgiving gets closer! That would be a fun thread :)

Lilpearl, your Tahitians are beautiful! There really is nothing like them. It's hard to understand the love from photos, but once you see them in person it's easy to understand why people love them so much.

battah, I love your Tahitian strands! Does the shorter strand have a chain that allows adjustability in length?

battah, I love your Tahitian strands! Does the shorter strand have a chain that allows adjustability in length?

Thanks, annie! Yes it does, it's kind of a tight choker length (I've been meaning to restring it to add a few pearls), but I use a chubby silver chain to extend it to suit my neckline. Gotta love versatility! I've been adding pearls to this strand for a while so it's a mishmash of colors and shapes, but I love that.

JEG and Lilpearl, your pearls are gorgeous.

I just uploaded a new operating system and my photos wouldn't download to PG. Let's see if this works now.

Monday it was hot, 83F, so there be dragons and rice krispies. Mom's ruby heart earrings.

rice krispies

Then Tuesday it was cold. Like 65F cold. Autumn finally came to Florida. So I wore my circled T's from Kojima with my 2017 Ruckus, near round, multicolored T's from PP. They nest perfectly. They absolutely do not match at all, but they seem to look great together. They kept my neck warm. I paired them with my opal and T drop earrings from Kojima. Mom's ruby swan got its first outing.

circled T's from Kojima with my 2017 Ruckus, near round, multicolored T's from Pearl Paradise

And today we celebrated Diwali, the Indian festival of lights. (Oh, back up to 80F.) Aunt Love's silk sari is going on 80 years old, and I was afraid I would rip it, so I bought a new one. This is a hand dyed ikat, handwoven silk sari. It was so comfortable, I wore it all day.

Aunt Love's silk sari

Aunt Love's silk sari

I wore it with my double strand 8 mm Freshadamas from PP (18 and 19 inches) and my Mom's 16 inch 9 mm akoya choker. I don't have a 17 inch white pearl necklace to fill in the gap. Pearl drops from Kojima were worn on my diamond huggie earrings. Mom's ruby swan anchored the sari. I felt so princessy today.

Freshadamas from PP (18 and 19 inches) and my Mom's 16 inch 9 mm akoya choker

In hindsight, I wish I'd had the double strand done as 17" and 18" but I can always restring it if the urge strikes me.

P.S. Is there a way to turn off autocorrect? It's really making me sound like an idiot when I reread what I thought I typed, and then I have go back and correct it three times.

Last edited:
Great week of pearls BWeaves. Glad you felt like a princess because you look like one!

For auto correct- go to Settings> General> Keyboard and you’ll see the button to turn off/on auto correct.

For auto correct- go to Settings> General> Keyboard and you’ll see the button to turn off/on auto correct.

OK, stupid question. Where is Settings>General>Keyboard? I use Safari as my web browser on my MacBookPro.

Go to your System Preferences on your dock> keyboard>text and there should be a box to check or uncheck for correct spelling automatically or something like that. You’ll find the function in keyboard. It doesn’t matter which browser you use. Hope that works for you!

BWeaves, try this: (I'm in Safari on Macbook too):

Top Menu Bar: In SAFARI Menu Bar, Click Edit to bring up the drop down menu. Scroll down and Hover mouse over Spelling and Grammar. A Side Menu bar should appear, with options for Check Spelling while Typing, Check Spelling with Grammar, and Correct Spelling Automatically. Slide your mouse arrow over to that side menu, hover over each option and click to turn on (a checkmark appears next to the option) or click to turn off (the checkmark disappears, turning it off). Hope this helps; we may be on (almost certainly are) on different versions of OS, but should be similar.
Jeg is also right; that nasty spell check is also lurking in the Main System Preferences/Keyboard if you click the Apple farthest left of Safari. I've found I had to turn it off in multiple places, sigh ...

Jeg, I'm curious ... on that gorgeous ring, were you able to find out what that translucent flower was carved from?

Cathy- I can’t believe I didn’t think to ask. Maybe a crystal quartz? I am going back in December and will ask if I see her, or I can try contacting her. One of those pieces that I just thought was fun when I saw it.

I seem to have an attraction to flowers. I have a couple of the flower brooches from Kojima Pearls because I like them so much, but I don’t wear brooches, so I have found some different ways to wear them.

flower brooches from Kojima

flower brooches from Kojima wrist

Back