Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Asura I'm willing to string the pearls for you except that you have to send it to EU LOL... they're gorgeous. I love your filigree pendant too. Is that from Lombok?

Thank you Beweaves, Jerseypearl and Pareltje.
Yeah I love the strand too much that I wear it like that just tied the string on my neck hahaha. If I ever go to EU again I will go to you and learn how to string pearl. And the pendant did came from Lombok.

Actually I have special plan for this tahitian strand. Just saw and bought a vintage 18 ct gold seahorse pendant. I will have it turned into a clasp and put it with the Cees tahiti. Ill post a seperate thread for it.

First of all ...Asurazzy - Fabulous combination! Those Tahitians are gorgeous and those earrings...well they are amazing! They look wonderful!

Now .my two cents ..
It seems to me that ‘Harvest strand’ is a name that Josh used to describe the necklace design that used selection of all the different pearl shapes from his farm. Just like he uses Lagoon to describe the blue green silvery strands. It’s not an official term . It’s a design name that best describes aspects of the strand. Several companies that have made similar designs for years call them Cocktail strands. . I assume because it’s a mix of pearls in colour and shape. If you were to ask for a Harvest strand at the HK show , they wouldn’t know what you were talking about .

And, as someone who makes Cocktail strands and Harvest strands I can say it’s not that easy to get a nice balance of colour and shape and size. Especially if you don’thave buckets of pearls ! I tend to collect pearls specifically with a stand in mind . . Particularly the larger ones.

So for me , any strand with a selection of pearls of rounds , baroque, drops , circles and Keshi etc. could be called a harvest strand . I don’t know why they would have to come from one farm , it’s just a description. ( unless he trademarked it ..then it’s a different story) Strands that come from one farm would have their farm name in front of it to show its origin.

To wind up this long winded ramble, in my opinion you have , for example, a Kamoka Harvest Strand ...and regular Harvest strands ....and Cocktail strands that generally are different sizes but without Keshi. Again, just my outlook.

Thanks everybody for the replies about my question to what a harvest strand really is. I thought its a representative of what one type of pearl could be like say a tahitian harvest so it will have rounds, baroques, keshies, drops in one strand. Never knew that it needs to be made by a single pearl farmer from a single harvest. If so the purist harvest strand would soohhh special and soooohh difficult to get and soohh out of the budget for me hahaha.

In the mean time heres a pic of me wearing Cees strand layered with my gold flower pendant and my long dangle earrings. Btw..I am sooo wanting to wear Cees strand that I just literally tie the strand up my neck. It havent been knotted or anything and it doesnt have any clasp..anyway one male workmate noticed that Im wearing different pearls jewelleries everyday and another female workmate asking if my pearls are genuine and asked where I got them cause they are sooooo prettyyy! Well..thats what she said.

A seahorse? That will be amazing and would fit right in with Sheri's creatures. :)

Really, thanks everyone for being so thoughtful. And Cocktail Strands!!! I love that idea, too!

Whatever they're called, strands that mix up colors and shapes and textures are my favorite. Honestly, the fact that pearls are organic gems makes strands like that even more special - they highlight what makes pearls so beautiful. Each one has its own type of beauty, and having that represented in one strand is special.

Katbran is right, it's not trademarked. If you have a harvest strand, call it a harvest strand. Who cares?

A seahorse? That will be amazing and would fit right in with Sheri's creatures. :)

Ya this seahorse! Its a vintage pendant from England. Will modify it. Add some gems in the little holes and pearls on the fin n turn it into a clasp.

seahorse vintage pendant from England

This necklace hasn’t been getting much love lately (and wow my top is wrinkled!):

necklace on wrinkled top

Also, I’m watching a senate judiciary committee hearing, and Diane Feinstein’s SSP strand is gorgeous.

Thanks BW! I need to hang it from something else, the pearl strand it's on at the moment is pretty yucky. I'm on the prowl for a thicker chain with a big spring ring clasp that I can hang pendants from.

Yesterday was overcast, and my Kasumi earrings and ripple necklace from Kojima look best when the sun doesn't wash them out. They look great with denim.

Kasumi earrings and ripple necklace from Kojima

Today almost felt like fall. Only 80F. I was trying to channel Baby Nurse, but I forgot to hook my multicolored T's to my Vietnamese blues. But I did wear the T's with the blues in layers. They looked great together, although photographing on a little black dress is very difficult.

tahitian blues in layers

wearing my Tahitian blues layered

I especially lurve your blue akoyas, BWeaves!

I'm waiting for photos so I can pick out a colorful pearl (don't know what kind yet) for this setting from PP. :)

cradle ring from Pearl Paradise

Back