Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

I have a simply fabulous Tahitian tin cup put together by the equally fabulous Celeste at Kamoka...it has a golden Tahitian and a white Tahitian! This is one of my all time favorite pieces.

Tahitian tin cup put together by the equally fabulous Celeste at Kamoka

Golden Tahitians???? Wow beautiful color! I didn't know they had those. You are lucky to have such a strand.

I thought you got the blues and the gold strands as well. You have them strung into ropes as far as I can remember.

Katbran, they were the "white" Tahitians sold by PP. Some of the pearls on this strand are golden white, some in the front look darker golden than the rest. The darker ones look like metallic champagne colored ssp.

Awww it's a gorgeous tin cup, JP. I love all the different colors and the luster. Stunning!

I love your chubby amethyst heart earring, BWeaves. Why is it only one? Did you lose the other one?

Last edited:
Yes, I lost the other one walking around a hospital when my husband had surgery 25 years ago. I've had an UN-love-affair with fish hook earring findings ever since. I keep toying with the idea of finding a heart shaped coin pearl and a different bow finding and then replacing the fish hook with a more secure lever back, and having mismatched earrings, but it's not my top priority pearl purchase right now.

Today I wore my Judy Jetson necklace. The druzy agate really sparkles in real life, but the button pearl is a bit dull. I might replace the pearl one of these days. Worn with my Mikimoto yellow gold huggies.

Judy Jetson necklace Worn with my Mikimoto yellow gold huggies

BWeaves, have you considered attaching the amethryst heart + bow to an enhancer bail and wearing it as a pendant?

Yes, but it's not that great a piece of jewelry, so I don't think I'd wear it as an enhancer. They were great lightweight earrings and purple goes with everything. I don't think the earring itself has enough weight to hang well as an enhancer. And I already have 2 amazing enhancers (little h and one from my Mom), so it would be an also ran.

BWeaves, your amethyst earring is lovely! I would have that glue looked at...it appears to have yellowed quite a bit, which may indicate that the epoxy has become brittle. It's a very easy thing for your jeweler to fix. Why not make this part of a mismatched set? It might look cool as an earring jacket hanging from a white pearl stud. It would be easy for you to make that shepherds hook into a larger loop...just twist, wire wrap the end and snip the excess.

I'm so behind!

Jeg, that pendant combo is really gorgeous. I love how versatile it is.

PD, lovely SSPs! A nice chunky strand like that is on my "must have" list.

Pareltje I must have missed those when they did the Tahitian sale, I didn't realize they had enough golden Ts for a strand. They're lovely.

Lugana, pretty akoyas.

BW, those amethyst earrings are sweet! There are a bunch of amethyst heart listings on Etsy, I bet you could match it pretty easily. The issue would be finding the gold bow to match. https://www.etsy.com/listing/518711..._search_query=amethyst heart&ref=sr_gallery_2

JP that's a gorgeous tin cup. How long is it? I love that multicolor look.

Purr is basically responsible for my entire ensemble today (including picking this top that I've been too shy to wear). Here we have carved angel skin coral beads (adopted from Purr's collection of old stock coral - did I say that right?) plus freshwater baroques I restrung into kind of an ombré pattern that doesn't show well in these pics.

arved angel skin coral beads

Your combo today works very well, battah. And I fell in love with your ombre rope.

Oh wow, those amethyst hearts are close. I'll have to go measure my heart.

Last edited:
Pareltje, thank you! This rope really doesn't get enough love, I need to wear it more. It's kind of heavy so it swings around awkwardly sometimes, but the pearls are lovely. I'll try to get better pictures, they have great orient.

Purrrrrr thanks love <3 I took your advice even though 2 coworkers though the cardigan should stay on lol.

BWeaves- that Judy Jetson pendant is cool and I especially get a kick out of how all your pieces are named!

Battah- how nice to have a personal stylist! Those ropes look great together. And you were able to get some of those neat coral beads away from Purr. (The furry Purr, that is)

Believe it or not, this is a Tahitian strand of real pastels. I was on the fence about it because it is so pastel it almost reads like freshwaters, but it is so unique and I especially like the dark champagne, taupe, pearls. I took a couple more golden pearls out to emphasize the taupe. Attaching it with a couple different clothing colors-

Pastel Tahitian strand

Pastel Tahitian strand

Pastel Tahitian strand

Pastel Tahitian strand

JerseyPearl- I love your tin cup! I have a Kamoka tin cup myself and just love it. I need to make an extender for mine- good idea!

Back