Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

PD, I'm sorry to hear about what happened to your husband. I hope he's doing ok now. Wonderful akoyas and cute ginkgo leaf earring.

You look great with your baby gssp necklace, battah.

BWeaves, lovely rice krispies.

Thank you so much, Cathy, JP, jeg, Katbran, and Pareltje!

BWeaves I just love that dragon necklace. I love dragons and snakes in jewelry.

PD those gingkos are lovely.

Well, I spent a lot of time last night arranging this necklace to make it work layered in different configurations, and I officially do not like how it turned out. I'm going to restring it with the GSSPs spaced evenly, one at a time, instead of trying for an irregular look. But this morning my son wanted to share mama's necklace so I had to post a photo :)

Rearranged gold south sea

Battah, He's so precious!!! Your new design looks fantastic to me. I can't wait to see the new configuration.

Thanks Katbran, Abi, and JP :) That smile of his makes the 5:30am wakeups a little less painful (but only a little).

I'm also wearing my beautiful 24k GSSP from Purr, I made it into a quickie pendant. I'm still looking for findings, but I really like it like this, too.

wearing my beautiful 24k GSSP from Purr

I like it, but I like asymmetry. I'm sure it will look gorgeous the new way, too. The pears are gorgeous, so it's hard to go wrong. Just make what you like!!!

Blues today. 9mm Vietnamese blue akoyas from PP, and blue baroque drops from Kojima. And a new T-shirt from Boden with more Montmorency doggies on it.

9mm Vietnamese blue akoyas from PP

This particular necklace is very deep blue, with incredible rose and green overtones. It was a bitch to string though. The nucleus of many of the pearls are cracked or loose. But the nacre is very very thick.

How could we not see those right side up ? I am so bedazzled by that smile I can't see the pearls :)

IMG_3326RSUP.jpgIMG_3341RSUP.jpg

Thanks, Cathy! His little face deserves the flip <3 (and he uses that smile mercilessly!)

You're welcome; had to do it Battah ... he so reminds me of my grandson, who knows how to use a similar smile on his grandparent minions LOL.

Omg battah! What an adorable picture of your little boy! It's hard to pay much attention to the pearls with his beaming face there. That said, I love your rope and can't imagine it looking any better! Also, deep gold looks fantastic against your skin tone.

My husband came home...he was injured at work today. Traumatic amputation of the distal phalanx (the last segment) of his left middle finger. :eek: :(

He's uncomplaining (mind you, the anesthesia hasn't worn off yet) and is on the phone now setting up his follow-up ortho appointment and Worker's Comp, but I'm wearing pearls to help me feel better.

These are the 6.2-9.0mm akoyas with a diamond clasp that I found at the consignment store a few weeks ago. My $38 bargain. :D

View attachment 55353

Pearl Dreams, I'm just reading this now-- I'm so sorry about your husband's accident! I hope he's dealing ok with any pain issues today *and* that he's coping with the trauma of it all.

Really gorgeous pearl bargain find:eek:

I love your blues with that Boden tee, BWeaves! Really brings out the blue (not that they need any help).

Blues today. 9mm Vietnamese blue akoyas from PP, and blue baroque drops from Kojima. And a new T-shirt from Boden with more Montmorency doggies on it.

View attachment 55375

This particular necklace is very deep blue, with incredible rose and green overtones. It was a bitch to string though. The nucleus of many of the pearls are cracked or loose. But the nacre is very very thick.

I adore those pearls, but that tee shirt is making me kind of sad...put my oldest on a plane to London this afternoon. She'll be there for a year attending grad school and living in Kensington.

Thanks BN! He slept like a baby last night...while I was wide awake all night! I think it was a bit too much stimulation for me. :eek:

He's doing okay just with ibuprofen. The end of the finger is numb, but his proximal interphalangeal joint aches from having been wrenched (he got the hand caught in a machine. Ugh!) You know what guys are like. He's joking that he should get a 10% discount if he ever goes for a manicure (as if he ever would go!)

The president of the corporation called him and said they would make sure he got his full pay while out, so that was a relief. Ortho says he'll be out of work 4 weeks. He hopes to go back sooner.

I'm glad to hear your husband is doing so well, Pearl Dreams. I can sympathize with you being up all night ... that's how it works here too. Great news on the corporation standing beside him with salary support; what a relief for you both!

Thanks, Cathy!
And there he is asleep sitting up on the couch. I could never do that. How do people fall asleep so easily?

Back