Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Jeg I'm so glad to see that it was you that got Pkin's beloved Kamoka strand. It goes perfectly with your Hawaiian strand. It was just meant to be. Enjoy your special strands.

Ok...pearls in action!

Ok...pearls in action!

Was walking around town n mucking about with my perlies! Perlies in actions were, dangle big pearl white ss earrings, lomg thread small white ss earrings, long tincup tahiti, baroque white ss, baroque golden ss, pendant baroque white ss, pendant large fireball, large tahiti bracelet...I think thats about it..
Photo 3. In paddys market, down town Sydney.
2 trying clothes at Myer pitt st, 1. at home trying kat von D lipstick haha.

Attachments

• 20170919_165453.jpg
    20170919_165453.jpg
    174 KB · Views: 33
  • 20170909_194736.jpg
    20170909_194736.jpg
    155.5 KB · Views: 31
  • 20170915_114631.jpg
    20170915_114631.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 26
My husband came home...he was injured at work today. Traumatic amputation of the distal phalanx (the last segment) of his left middle finger. :eek: :(

He's uncomplaining (mind you, the anesthesia hasn't worn off yet) and is on the phone now setting up his follow-up ortho appointment and Worker's Comp, but I'm wearing pearls to help me feel better.

These are the 6.2-9.0mm akoyas with a diamond clasp that I found at the consignment store a few weeks ago. My $38 bargain. :D

akoyas from consignment 6.2-9mm

Last edited:
Oh, noes! Sorry about your husband's middle finger. Will he get an awesome splint, where he can accidentally flip everyone the bird and claim it's not his fault?

And I love your pearl find. I never find anything like that. Those are amazing, especially for the money.

Oh goodness, PD, that's terrible! Can it be reattached? I hope they gave him some good pain meds.

Baby GSSP harvest strand and jade today. They don't match at all, but after the past couple of weeks I've had, I need all the jade protection I can get!

Baby GSSP harvest strand and jade

Oh, noes! Sorry about your husband's middle finger. Will he get an awesome splint, where he can accidentally flip everyone the bird and claim it's not his fault?

And I love your pearl find. I never find anything like that. Those are amazing, especially for the money.

LOLOL!!! I read that to him and he laughed.

And no pain meds...he can just take ibuprofen.

I went out to get a Redbox DVD for a bit of diversion. He's not the kind to sit around, but with the hand out of commission for a while, he can't do yard work. Looks like I'll be doing the mowing this week.

battah, here you go:

battah's Gold South Sea pearl and Jade bracelet flipped right side up

I mentioned the splint thing, because I did something similar to my middle finger of my left hand. When I went back to work, I waved at my boss, and he said, "You didn't tell me it was THAT finger!" I knew he'd figure it out.

Ooooo, jade. Squirrel!

Last edited:
Wow, Pearl Dreams ... I'm so sorry to hear of your husband's accident! Sounds like my hubby though; takes it all in stride, while I have quiet hysterics ... glad you have your lovely pearl find to comfort you. Hugs.

Battah, love the jade, but I really love your GSS Harvest necklace ... it is so beautiful, and so different from what the rest of us got ... gorgeous!

Here be Dragons!!! And 12 strands of Rice Krispies. They feel like I'm wearing a giant silk tassel around my neck.

12 strands of Rice Krispies

When Jeremy was showing the Rice Krispies in that first booth the first day of the Hong Kong show, I had a hankering to get out all Mom's early freshwater pearls and wear them. I never cared for them back in the 80s or 90s, but I've come to appreciate them more as they've become more vintage. They're fun when there's a bunch of them for a torsade.

Last edited:
Pearl Dreams- what a day! I am glad you are getting support from your pearls. They are really beautiful, classic, and such a deal. Take good care of yourself.

Battah- love your mini harvest strand. It looks great on you!

BWeaves- I thought about my own Rice Krispies and dug them out when I saw that jar. My aunt gave them to me in the late seventies, but they are tiny single strands- a necklace and some bracelets. They called them Biwa pearls.

PD - that's dreadful! Gave me the ' shivers' when I read your post ! My nephew had a similar injury when working as an engineer in China ..it was a little more ' hands on ' than most jobs and an I-beam he was helping to carry dropped as they were putting it down and took off the end of his middle finger. He had a nifty enormous bandage that he could wave at his boss ! But it's a terrible thing to happen ..my sympathies and best wishes ! Recognising the trauma for you ..I think maybe a new pearl would make you feel better.

BWeaves - I love the Krispie torsades ! You are so right ..they are fun !

Battah love the necklace and your bracelets look great .

Katbran, I did feel rattled earlier on. I'm a PT so I've seen a lot of gory things, but it's different when it's someone you love. Hard to be objective then.

A new pearl, huh? Can't say I'm not tempted. But I just got these silver gingko leaf earrings so they will have to suffice:

silver gingko leaf earrings

Back