Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Thank u alll.. I'm fortunate to have a job that allows me to dress up...
And no I don't look like that all the time
It's only when I have pampered by hair and makeup.

Bweaves I love those tiny akoyas. I'm still in PP wish list for the intense blue ones.. i will have to be patient it's not been very successful the past few hk shows

Yes, I'm glad I got mine when I did. I'm starting to learn that the unusual pearls have to be bought when you see them, because they may not come around again. There's still some pearls I'm kicking myself for not getting.

Whew! The Kojima necklace is in San Francisco according to tracking information. I had hoped it would get out of Florida ahead of Irma.

Presenting my set which started my rather late pearl journey -- the "smallies". :)

Smallies.jpg

These were my mother's, and we don't even know what type of pearls they are (any guesses?). I had them since I was 7, but only wore them during Sunday mass and some formal celebrations like weddings. I started using them a little more frequently when I started working, because it felt very mature to wear them -- and we all know that "adulting" is so hard. :)

I still wear them now, they're great for dress-down days and are kinder to the earlobes. I'd bring out the gssp's during the days wherein I have to deal with clients. A little shock-and-awe power goes a long way. :p

the "smallies"?:D You're funny!
A simple pearl earrings and pendant on a dress down day is perfect. Comfortable but still look great.
I haven't seen your gssps...

Hehehehe, The Smallies. Love it. They look like very nice akoyas to me.

You're probably right, BWeaves, small akoyas. They look too small and too round to be freshwater, but I could be wrong. I just like the fact that my mom wore them in her younger years, and they are still in such a great state, I think my daughter can still wear them once she hits 7!

Hello Bailey1856! indeed, the set is quite comfy and low maintenance. I hardly feel the weight of the earrings. I am not wearing the gssp's today, but here is my earlier post regarding those with photos, and the story behind the purchase. Truth be told, I am still getting used to the size of my gssp studs. On the other hand, I'm beginning to think that I need a pair of white studs of the same size. Decisions, decisions...

Today's pearls - gorgeous sticks that I adopted from BWeaves. I can't seem to get a good pic but they have gorgeous luster.

gorgeous sticks that I adopted from BWeaves

OOOO Battah!!! They look lovely on you. I'm so glad they went to someone I know. Thank you!!!!

OOOO Battah!!! They look lovely on you. I'm so glad they went to someone I know. Thank you!!!!

Thank YOU for letting me have them! They're such a fun alternative to white rounds.

I think they're very Cleopatra / Nefertiti looking. Something about them makes me think of an Egyptian collar necklace from the ancient paintings.

I think they're very Cleopatra / Nefertiti looking. Something about them makes me think of an Egyptian collar necklace from the ancient paintings.

Yes! That's what drew me to them. I love collar necklaces (colliers?)

CrazyMissy- I love smallies! They are classics and so wearable.

Battah- that collar looks great. I really like the way it sits on your neck.

Here is another strand from Sarah, at Kojima Pearls', sale. I had them shorten it and make a pendant from one of the pearls that was taken out. I thought this was a really fun look and fits right into my collection of shell jewelry. It will be perfect for my tropical travels!

strand from Sarah, at Kojima Pearls', sale

strand from Sarah, at Kojima Pearls', sale

Oh, that top is cute. And so are the pearls.

My long triple for my first day back at work after Hurricane Irma. I needed my comfort pearls. My 8 mm white Hanadamas from PP. My 6-7 mm blue Vietnamese akoyas from PP. And my 5-6 mm first akoya rope that I recently restrung on Beader's Secret. I think I strung it too tight. It's kinking. But my experience has been that the knots loosen up after a few wearings and then it's just right. If it doesn't loosen up, I'll restring it a bit looser. I always knot too tight. I can't stand it when the pearls slide between knots. Since I strung it so tight, it's now 2 inches shorter than it used to be, so it doesn't nest the same way it used to, but that's OK.

My 8 mm white Hanadamas from PP.  My 6-7 mm blue Vietnamese akoyas from PP.   And my 5-6 mm first akoya rope that I recently restrung on Beader's Secret

My Mikimoto huggie earrings in white gold.

My 8 mm white Hanadamas from PP.  My 6-7 mm blue Vietnamese akoyas from Pearl Paradise and my 5-6 mm first akoya rope

There were hoards of power company trucks in the parking lot this morning, heading out to fix stuff. Greg and I saw a convoy of power trucks heading down the highway last night after dropping off my Dad back home. I know Florida is usually the "screw up" state, but I have to say, the Florida governments and power companies were prepared this time. I see a lot of well organized fixing getting done.

That is such a perfect set for you jeg ... the matching pendant is brilliant idea :)

Back