Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Last edited:
I've been experimenting with a similar idea of wearing my Fiji bracelet as a necklace by attaching it to another strand. So far, I have not been satisfied with the results I have been having. I get the same vibes that it isn't quite right when I see your photos, BWeaves.

Cute bracelet, but you have to like it, or you won't wear it.

Yeah, I've already contacted Sarah to return the bracelet tomorrow. I want to get it in the mail ahead of the hurricane.

Sarah's on the hunt next week for pearls for a Waterfall necklace for me, so I think I'll put my pearl funds towards the Waterfall instead.

This was my first attempt at a pearl bracelet with an orbit clasp, and it just doesn't work for me. I love orbit clasps, but cannot do it up one handed.

------------

This is why I love Ruckus. I can see everything first hand, instead of mailing back and forth.

This was my first attempt at a pearl bracelet with an orbit clasp, and it just doesn't work for me. I love orbit clasps, but cannot do it up one handed.

Interesting about your not being able to use the orbit on a bracelet. That's how I feel about fishhook clasps on my bracelets. I've been replacing them with orbit clasps which I have learned to operate one-handed. However, I do need to orient the open orbit clasp on the bottom side of my wrist. This means that bracelets like my Fiji, which are not symmetrical, always end up being on my wrist in the same direction. Some day I want to take the time to see if I can figure out how to operate an orbit with the reverse orientation.

i love that bracelet, but you need to your instincts BWeaves ... and with a Waterfall necklace hunt on, you're doing the right thing for you :) .One thing that helps immensely is a bracelet buddy ... it's a little stick with a clothespin like clasp on one end, to hold one end of the bracelet so you can easily clasp the other end. Hard to describe, simple to use.

Cathy, I know the thing you're talking about. Looks like a roach clip, (not that I would know what a roach clip looks like). Mom had one (bracelet buddy, not roach clip). But the problem isn't holding the end in place. The problem is I cannot open the clasp and hook it with my non-dominant hand. I had a little accident once and the tips of some of my left hand fingers have no feeling, so that makes it a bit awkward to do new things where I don't have muscle memory. It took me a long time to be able to type two handed again without feeling the keys.

For future bracelet to necklace options, here's what I did with one of my strands. I can juuuust close it around my neck but it's tight, so I added a link bracelet to give me about 5 more inches. You could even buy chain from Rio etc to get the length you want without a clasp at the end, with large enough links for your orbit clasp.

I should add - at the lengths here, you don't see the chain much when I have it on, as it's mainly at the back of my neck. But even doing this with a shorter length of pearls can look really great. If you get a chain with larger links that are close in size to your orbit clasps, that can look great. Red, that could be a good option for your Fiji bracelet?

Chain added to bracelet

Last edited:
Bweaves looking forward to your waterfall necklace, hope the package gets out before hurricane hits.

Battah thanks for the tip. Good idea to lengthen.

Tonight I wore a simple drop freshwater I got from wens. I asked her to put eye pins on the drops. I decided to add a chain and added another jump ring at the end so it can dangle from my huggies.

simple drop freshwater I got from wens

Very elegant!!!!

My package just went out. It should get back to Sarah by Monday, so ahead of the hurricane.

For future bracelet to necklace options, here's what I did with one of my strands. I can juuuust close it around my neck but it's tight, so I added a link bracelet to give me about 5 more inches. You could even buy chain from Rio etc to get the length you want without a clasp at the end, with large enough links for your orbit clasp.

View attachment 54879

I like that. I'll keep it in mind for future use.

Kalmen you always look so gorgeous! I love seeing your event photos on Instagram :)

BWeaves glad you like it! It offers a lot of options. Sometimes I double the chain to shorten it, sometimes I use a different, larger chain. It's a nice way to tweak necklace length for necklines or layering.

Kalmen- such a glamorous look. It doesn't look "simple" to me!

BWeaves- I'm sorry the bracelet didn't work out. I'm sure you will enjoy your waterfall since it's something you've been wanting.

Pistachio akoyas from PP and black and white Tahitian studs from Kamoka. They clash, but somehow they go together. The B&W studs just go with everything. The "white" one looks more like a blue akoya, sort of.

Pistachio akoyas from PP and black and white Tahitian studs from Kamoka

Back