Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

I know that tile...it was in my grandparent's bathroom!

My grandparents' bathroom, too!!!!! I have very fond memories of that bathroom.

I remember Grampops putting Old Spice on my mosquito bites. I still can't stand next to a man wearing Old Spice without itching.

And Nana powdering her face while singing, "Powder and paint make you look like you ain't."

Oh I'm so far behind - BabyL such a cute ring !!
Luvglitz- great necklace , love fat drop shapes, and that pendant wowser!
Kalmen- What a rope !! Gorgeous harvest strand !!
Purr - you always look so fabulous in your layers of ropes !!
BWeaves -- love you stories. So funny !! Odors trigger such memories !! I too remember Old Spice - my dad liked it. And my mums Chanel #5 and Joy was for parties !

Catching up - love your new rope, kalmen! Did it take forever to knot?

Baby-Love, that's a very sweet ring.

Luvglitz, great combo!

Purr, I just love that color combination! And that carved coral strand is perfect with Tahitians. Very chic :)

Hi all, thanks for the lovely comment. It's not new rope in fact it was one of my early buys. It's a gorgeous piece by Catherine Cardellini. A mix of gold ssp, white ssp and tahitians. She's based in Aussie.
Luvglitz I think the blue tone is because of the outfit I'm wearing.
Battah thank goodness I didn't knot it myself. It's 36 or 42 inch I can't rememeber.

Today was a mixed bag of pearls. I began with my Atlas SS pendant that I purchased in Bali, then added a Tahitian and tiny white pearl rope from PP several years ago (I know Baby Nurse got one as well), then added a Sea of Cortez bracelet that has a mix of baroque pinkish pearls and white hinge pearls. Fun for me to look at today.

Atlas South Sea pendant purchased in Bali and Tahitian and tiny white pearl rope from Pearl Paradise

Sea of Cortez bracelet that has a mix of baroque pinkish pearls and white hinge pearls

Pretty mix, Red! I love that rope, and SoC pearls always have my heart.

Love it. The rope reminds me of my Mom's lapis and Rice Krispie rope. Light and easy to wear.

Today I'm wearing my new pendant. The pearl I've bought from Pearl Society, the bail is from eBay.
 pearl from Pearl Society bail is eBay

Katalin, that is so cute! Just the shape I love-- fat drop.
I have to turn it to see it upright:

Karalin's White South Sea pendant turned right side up

That's gorgeous, Katalin! I've never been much into pendants but you ladies are changing my mind...

Thanks battah, Sanippy, and BWeaves.

Lovely pendant, Katalin.

I've worn a pendant necklace nearly every day since childhood. One thing I've noticed is that the v-shape formed by the chain is more flattering for my face shape than the u-shape of most necklaces. I prefer v-neck shirts and sweaters for the same reason.

Pearl Dreams- thank you for rotating the pic!!

battah, Red - thank you for your lovely comments.

I just got my Kojima bracelet. It's a bit too fiddly to wear as a bracelet, but I was planning on hooking it to necklaces anyway. It looks kinda nice linked up with my pistachio akoyas. It's 8 inches long, which I though would be too long as a bracelet. But if it was any shorter, I don't think I could work the clasp and get it hooked at all in bracelet mode.

I'm having a bit of buyer remorse, but that could be the hurricane making me feel guilty.

What do you think? I like it, but I'm not sure I'm in love with it. But it's cute and light and airy.

Natural light.
Kojima Bracelet connected to Pearl Paradise pistachio akoyas

Kojima Bracelet connected to Pearl Paradise pistachio akoyas 2

Bathroom lights.
Kojima Bracelet connected to Pearl Paradise pistachio akoyas in bathroom lighting

Hum, it does wonderful things for my cleavage.

And I think the pearls and wire wrapping will have a lot less stress being worn as a necklace. I tend to bang my wrists around a lot.

Last edited:
I think it would look pretty with fabric underneath (higher neckline top). Or, have you tried it shorter, like connected to another bracelet? I really like the interesting mix of pearls!

I'd love to wear it choker length, but I don't have another bracelet that would work with it. All my bracelets have box clasps. I have a slightly shorter strand of Vietnamese blue akoyas. I'll try those tomorrow, but they're only an inch shorter.

And yes, I plann on wearing it over clothing. This just happened to be what I was wearing when it arrived today.

BWeaves, do you have a chain bracelet you could use? You could hook the orbits to a lobster clasp chain if it had large links.

I like it :)

Back