Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Nice job. The restrung necklace looks great. Very classic. Nice shot of the nacre in the drill hole, too. That's a tough shot to make.

Beautiful, PD! And awesome nacre shot - both the shot and the thickness are great.

BW it really doesn't matter how you wear your little h enhancer because it is a show stopper. It continues to be one of my favorites. I'm so glad it is yours so I can see you wearing it.

Thank you, Newberry! But if I'm going to wear it, I want to show it off to its best advantage.

Eating a picnic lunch at the lake wearing an olive brown t-shirt and a denim shirt with my SS harvest strand and my carved Kamoka pendant. I love how nicely these gorgeous pearls dress down. I'm also looking down and finding different pearls with various overtones. A feast for the eyes.

20170901_132724.jpg

Love it Red! I think you could post a photo of that necklace every day, and we'd find something new to see in it each time ... the colors, the shapes ... delightful.

Red, I do love pearls and denim. I confess, I was ogling that Kamoka pendant for a long time. I'm glad one of "us" got it so I can see it more often.

BWeaves, I think the emeralds sort of blending into the dress makes it more interesting to those that are up close enough to see that the pendant really does sport emeralds and the green is not part of the dress! Sort of like a hidden gem!

PD I like the new length of the strand. It really is a wonderful find! I wonder how many people who buy pearls second hand would recognize that the pearls were not original and look into the pearls to see the nacre thickness. We are a special group, aren't we? :D

Red, I agree with Cathykeshi... we could look at your necklace (or really anyone's gssp harvest strand) and see something new every day. They really are special pieces! I like that keshi on the left that has a mind of its own... that tail off to the side is just too wonderful and full of character!

I just received this in today's mail. It is from the current Kojima sale. A blue baroque Akoya with white Akoya keshi. When I saw it on the website, I hoped it would work backwards so I could hang a pendant from the clasp. I dangled a white SS drop pendant from PP.

IMG_3594.jpg

FullSizeRender.jpg

Me, tooo! I'm glad one of us got it. At least I'll get to look at it.

I've been drooling over the 2 Temptress ropes, too. But I tried one on a Ruckus and it was just too heavy for me. My Everything Bagel is the same length, but doesn't have so many big pearls as the Temptress ropes do. But boy are they pretty.

Last edited:
Jeg...love that necklace the pendant loos wonderful on it !

PD - that's a great find ! Such a bonus to find a good old one with thick nacre . Thanks for the photo !

Red - love that look . It's a beautiful necklace and I know you will never get tired of looking at it !

The Harvest strands are so very wearable! I've made several of the multi GSS WSS and Tahitian pieces over the past few years and I always get feedback regarding the fact that they are just so "wearable" . Dinner or the beach they always work. ' I had one client who was hesitating thinking she might not wear it much . I met her in Beverly Hills for coffee and I wore the necklace . She finally said ..let me wear it while we walk around. We wandered through all the nice department stores and after the 5 th compliment from the various Jewellery sales people she said "I'll take it " lol Now she's always sending me photos of her wearing it all over the world .

Thank you for the kind comments about my pendant and harvest strand.

Today I wore a couple of mismatched pendants. Just because I like them. My carved Kamoka again, and a recent upgrade of a Kasumi pendant that I've had for several years. This colorful Kasumi drop hangs from a Mexican opal. Setting and design by Soren at T Lee in Minneapolis.

IMG_0044.JPG

That opal, kasumi pendant is my favorite. A world of mystery in that opal!!!

You have such unique pieces, Red- that Kasumi! I do love your casual picnic style- great colors all around!

Red, really love the combination you are wearing. The pendant is elegant with the Kasumi dangling.

Back