Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

BWeaves, you know there's no such thing as "too much" when it comes to pearls :)

Red - you make me want to get out my Kamoka harvest strand to wear to work tomorrow!

Chloe - that's a sweet pendant!

BWeaves, you are fabulous. Red, your Kamokas are gorgeous!

I received a lovely Fijian pendant yesterday from Jeremy and Hisano in thanks for my admin work here on the forum. I had to put it on right away of course (gray top) and I'm wearing it again today (white top).
I'm doing a happy dance! :)

Attachments

• Fijian pearl necklace from Jeremy.jpg
    Fijian pearl necklace from Jeremy.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 26
  • Fijian pearl close up.jpg
    Fijian pearl close up.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 29
The first of the new batch of Fijians appears. What a beauty. Congratulations, and thank you for your work here at Pearl Guide.

Thank you, and thanks to Jeremy and Hisano! I love that the color is so different from anything else I have.

As usual the camera is failing to capture the color. It's a bit more bronze...pretty close to these colors. The redder color on the top part and the greener color on the bottom part, with several darker bands in the middle:

Attachments

• 610247736.jpg
    610247736.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 37
  • 611065480.jpg
    611065480.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 27
Gorgeous pendant, PD! And thanks for administering us haha.

Turning that for you! I like the combination of colors and shapes. :)

Attachments

• battah's necklace.jpg
    battah's necklace.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 28
OOooooo, I love it. But I'm in love with all these bubble type of ropes.

Thanks for the flip, PD! And thank you BW and CL! I reach for this one a lot, it feels really nice to fiddle with (you know me and sensory jewelry), and it's very lightweight.

Thanks for the flip, PD! And thank you BW and CL! I reach for this one a lot, it feels really nice to fiddle with (you know me and sensory jewelry), and it's very lightweight.

I love to fiddle with my pearls. That's why I like long ropes. I love the feel of pearls in my hands.

Battah, that's very pretty! Fiddling with pearls; know that well :)

Pearl Dreams, what a lovely Fiji pendant ... we so appreciate your administrator's work!

Well, I won't do this again. In the past, when I've worn this little h enhancer with an 18 inch pearl necklace, the enhancer sits right in the middle of the copper stripe on the dress. The little h emerald tin cup is 20 inches, and it puts the enhancer right in the green section of the dress and the emeralds just get lost. I also like my reborn pearl earrings with the enhancer, as they compliment each other, so I threw on the reborn necklace, too. I'm not sure it really works. It's not bad, but I won't wear it this way again with this particular dress.

IMG_3559.jpg

Thank you, Cathy. :)

BWeaves, wow, you're right about that! :eek:

This afternoon I restrung my recently-purchased consignment shop akoyas, using ivory Serafil from Pattye's shop. In the process of getting them ready, I saw one pearl with a larger than usual drill hole, and shone my light inside to see how thick the nacre is. I liked what I saw! I tried to get a shot of it. There is a slight change in color where the nacre ends and the bead begins-- a thin white line. It's clearer when I look at my huge original of this photo.

Also I noticed that the end 2 pearls on each side were not original to the strand. They are whiter, a bit less lustrous, and looking inside the drill hole, they have about half as much nacre thickness as the pearl I photographed. Someone had lengthened the necklace, which explains the mediocre knotting job. I removed the 4 additional pearls. The finished strand is now 6.2-9.0mm and 17.75". I like that the graduation isn't drastic, as it is with some of the old strands.

I'm just sitting at my desk in natural light for this shot.

This off-white color would look fabulous on my daughter's skin. When she comes home for the long weekend in October I'll see if I can interest her in it. :rolleyes: Hey, a mother has to try! ;)

Attachments

• nacre thickness.jpg
    nacre thickness.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 30
  • restrung 6.2-9mm akoyas.jpeg
    restrung 6.2-9mm akoyas.jpeg
    65.9 KB · Views: 36
Ooooohhh! That's beautiful, PD! Impressive shot of the drill hole, too. Congrats on a wonderful bargain.

Back