Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Thanks, amti. I got my Private Pilot certificate (Airplane Single Engine Land) in 2001, and my Instrument rating a year later. The pendant is around 15-16mm, and has this cool graded color, going light to dark with this cute flat bottom. I purchased it from Celeste at an earlier ruckus.
View attachment 54226

It's ombré!!! I love it!

TOO good LOL I'm in Sydney myself! I *try* to stay away from the big stores and stick to online - easier on my credit card! or so I tell myself... ;)

Ooohhhh!!! I can personally show u where I get that massive pearl! It wasnt a big shop. It was one of the shop at paddys market that sells pearls. You chose your pearl, chose settings, they will drill it n put on the setting for u. Or made your jewellery in Cabramatta, its not that expensive. Made your own design, chose ur gold crt 9 or 14 or 18 ct. Then 2 days later...voila!! I asked how much to make a pearl ring with 14 ct solid gold only cost 200 Australian $ or 158 US$. (My own pearl with gold setting from them). Total cost about 300$ with the pearl n the gold n cost to make. What can you get with that price online? Probably pearls set in silver or gold filled or gold plated or leather.

happy birthday, asurazzy! ..awesome cake and awesome pearls! Wow Red, a pilot, very cool! Unique pendant!

Happy birthday, asurazzy!

Sanippy, that Tahitian strand has me drooling. Just wow!!

Red, you're rad, I love it! I wonder if you're the first pilot to take a carved Kamoka for a ride?

I was just sitting in my living room reading, when it occurred to me that the light seemed especially nice.

I wonder what effect the solar eclipse would have on photographing our pearls? I may take a few shots later to see.

Tahitians on the couch.jpg

Nice lighting, indeed, PD. Tell us more about that strand! Lovely colors, enhance by the t-shirt :)

Thanks Cicadalady! This is a multicolor strand from PP that I bought from its original owner.

This photo shows the strand in its original form. I replaced the center dark pearl because it had some blemishes on one side that I found distracting, and somehow the pearl always managed to rotate so that the blemishes faced outward! I also replaced 2 silver colored pearls with the 2 peacock pearls that are now 2 pearls away from the center pearl, and rearranged some of the other pearls to balance the colors in the strand. It has less light/dark contrast now but I like the overall look and colors better. I wear this strand more often than my other pearls.

This is one reason why I have to be able to restring my own pearls. I'm kind of persnickety. :rolleyes:

Attachments

• Near Round Tahitians in original layout.jpg
    Near Round Tahitians in original layout.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 36
Super choice Cicadalady! :D

The eclipse will peak in this area in about 10 minutes, but it won't be total. Really it's not even particularly dark now. I made a pinhole projector viewer out of a cereal box following this little video from NASA (but any box will do): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWMf5rYDgpc

Pearl Dreams, I like the strand after you swapped the pearls a lot more than the original one, very well done!

Cicadalady, did your pearls enjoy the eclipse?) what a lovely set!

asurazzy, Happy (past) Birthday!! I got hungry just looking at your cake)) your earrings turned out very nice indeed.

Red, I wanted to comment on your carved pearl, but after reading about your private pilot licence I've got lost for words :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Pearl Dreams and Cicadalady, great Tahitians!

PD, excellent job with realigning your Tahitians!! ..those colors are stunning!!

Cicadalady, love your simple look for the eclipse!! very nice!

Ooohhhh!!! I can personally show u where I get that massive pearl! It wasnt a big shop. It was one of the shop at paddys market that sells pearls. You chose your pearl, chose settings, they will drill it n put on the setting for u. Or made your jewellery in Cabramatta, its not that expensive. Made your own design, chose ur gold crt 9 or 14 or 18 ct. Then 2 days later...voila!! I asked how much to make a pearl ring with 14 ct solid gold only cost 200 Australian $ or 158 US$. (My own pearl with gold setting from them). Total cost about 300$ with the pearl n the gold n cost to make. What can you get with that price online? Probably pearls set in silver or gold filled or gold plated or leather.

Oh sounds amazing! Thanks for that. I'm off to Paddy's this weekend to check it out... I'm looking to get some knotting done. I've been practicing myself but my attempts are a bit shoddy... I doubt I'll be able to do the Tahitians justice...

I keep getting stuck in "more is more" mode. With or without the pendant?

IMG_2539.jpg

Looks good both ways - I'd go with whatever your mood is at the time :)

I always fall into "more is more" mode and just pile things on - I think that's my default mood! haha.

Back