Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Sarah picks the best pearls, man. She really has an eye for color and layout.

BWeaves those are still a great size on you!

Hum, I know. They don't look so bad now that I look at them. And they're not bad. The dangles are actually quite lovely. But I have not worn them in decades, and I know I never will wear them again, and I need room in my jewelry case, if you know what I mean and I think you do.

Oh, you must click on the photo of the "red shorts" in the lower left corner of Kojima's home page. They're not red shorts. It's a little video, and those are curtains hiding a little stage.

My very, very first earrings. I'll never wear them again now that I have the Hanadamas.

View attachment 53948

My first attempt at finding pearl drops. They're lovely, but not really what I wanted. Now I've bought big drops, these seem way too small to me. Pearl Shrinkage Syndrome.

View attachment 53949

View attachment 53950

I'm hoping someone on Diamond Bistro might give them some love. (I hope it's OK to say that.)
I have a very difficult time wearing that type of pearl dangle. The little jump ring on the post digs into my lobe. May I suggest that you cut off the post jump ring and use the dangle drop part as an earring jacket...maybe you might get more use out of them with a diamond stud at top, or a different pearl stud on top.

That is some enhancer! Your mother had a nice collection, you often show the items you inherited from her. Very nice. I'm now off to look at the Kojima site.

I understand that. I've had a lot of jewelry that I just love but never wear, so I rehomed it. It always seems like a waste for a lovely piece of jewelry to sit in a box when someone could be using it.

I have a very difficult time wearing that type of pearl dangle. The little jump ring on the post digs into my lobe.

That's EXACTLY why I don't wear them.

I really don't want to cut them up. The pearls are very well matched and good quality, and the jump ring at the top is too tiny to use as an earring jacket. I'm hoping that someone might love them. The trick is to not put the earring back on so tightly.

Anyway, I don't think anyone here will want my pearls, but if you know someone who's looking for something inexpensive, I have them priced very low.

BWeaves, it's fairly simple to fix. Just cut off the little loop ring under the stud cup and polish, then if needed attach a larger jump ring to the top loop of the dangle (remember a post is usually under 1mm thick). Of course if you want to sell them, I totally get it...but they are such a well matched set...

Aha, I get what you're saying. So turn the dangle earrings into a stud with a dangle earring jacket, to keep the pearls as a set.

I'm not up to the task. Do you want to do it? ;) PM me what you'd charge, if you want to.

I just finished restringing Mom's stick pearls with a new 14K gold fishhook clasp and gold beads on Beader's Secret. I love the luster on these pearls, but I'm not going to wear the necklace. I'm putting it up for sale on Diamond Bistro.

IMG_3349.jpg

IMG_3352.jpg

IMG_3348.jpg

IMG_3355.jpg

IMG_3351.jpg

Last edited:
Hahaha, I photoshopped my neck wrinkles into oblivion. But the pearls are not photoshopped.

Right now, I have a giant bug bite or pimple thing dead center just above the start of my neck. Photoshop is around for good reason!!!

Oooh I like those. I'll keep an eye out for them.

Decked out in some of my favorite pearls while relaxing at the lake. Tiny pistachio akoya with my South Sea harvest strand around my neck, and my Burmese ring and Fiji bracket on my right hand and wrist. All from Pearl Paradise.

20170812_113829.jpg

20170812_113905.jpg

Red, that's the way to relax!!!

JP. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to put you on the spot. My apologies. Let me see if the dangle earrings sell before I try messing with changing them.

I just finished restringing my 7.5 mm akoya choker with my 9 mm 14K yellow and white gold diamond clasp on Beader's Secret ivory colored thread. It's 16 1/2 inches long.

IMG_3375.jpg

IMG_3378.jpg

IMG_3371.jpg

IMG_3379.jpg

Since I now have Mom's 6mm akoya choker (my birthday choker) and her 9 mm akoya choker, I feel like I don't need a third akoya choker, so I've put this up for sale on Diamond Bistro. Yes, I know I could keep it, but the pearls aren't as nice as Mom's pearls and they're not as sentimental to me. And they would help fund my growing pearl collection.

P.S. No photoshop on my neck today. I don't know why my neck looks so great today and so wrinkly the previous day.

P.P.S. Whoever gave the advice to wrap a paper towel around an Ott light as a filter, that was great advice. I don't have a lightbox. I just put the pearls on a paper towel, wrapped another paper towel around my Ott light and took some quick photos with my camera, and then removed the paper towel from the light.

Last edited:
The only thing more addicting than buying pearls is restringing pearls.

I just finished restringing my very first pearl necklace that I bought myself. Well, Mom picked it out at a jewelry show and brought it home for me, but I asked her to find me a nice rope and a disco ball clasp, and I paid for it. Mom could really pick 'em. After 35 years of almost constant wear, these akoyas still look brand new. The nacre is thick and smooth, and the drill holes are clean and easy to thread. The pearls are very well matched.

My only disappointment was that the pearls were smaller than I really wanted. I want 8 mm pearls and these are 5 mm. However, after attending Ruckus, I've decided that this rope is definitely "Hisano worthy" and deserves my love. I'm not selling this one.

IMG_3385.jpg

IMG_3389.jpg

P.S. When I restrung on Beader's Secret, the knots are smaller than my previous silk thread, so the necklace got shorter by about an inch or more. It's now 32 inches, which is the length it was when I bought it.

Back