Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Friyaaayyy! My fave day of the week. So decided to wear my long forgotton freshwater pearls. Hope this friday will end up quick n can put my feet up with a glass of wine! Happy weekend everyone! 20170728_070915.jpg

I've admired your recent Kamoka strands, Cicadalady, and this photo doesn't begin to do this beauty justice. I love it. It's blue/green/pink, and I love it. When I saw it on the Kamoka site, I thought about it quite a while, since I'd gone relatively crazy with then-recent pearl purchases (I've only gotten worse since then), but then when I finally decided to get it, I couldn't get it fast enough; I was so terrified someone else might get it I almost cried until it was clear I had been the lucky one. I love it, and I've never even really been a fan of floating necklaces.

Asurazzy, that pendant is the one the jeweler who put together your miles-of-rope SS/Tahitian necklace threw in for free, right? That's a pretty nice pendant, even more so as surprise gift.

(edited to say, I should be clear, I didn't actually almost cry. It's just an expression I use, but here, it sounds like I'm being literal, and therefore sounds like I'm a bit of a fool. While I was anxious, I did not actually almost cry.)

Yes it did! I saw from his facebook. I think he just baited me. I bet im his only costumer that buy baroque pearls. Baroque its almost like throw away pearls. So I asked him how much n it was cheeaapp. Then I told him its mine n bag it up! Haha!

I never have edison pearl. Is it worthhaving? Im not into freshies actually thats why I dont wear it often. I do like my big fireballs tho.

The thing about Edisons, in my opinion, is that you can get deeper colour than regular freshwater pearls. So if you like lavender for instance, you can get quite deep shades of purple. The lustre has been improving in the last couple of years as well. If you have big freshwaters or WSS then no much point to the white Edisons...but if you don't have WSS then the Edisons give the same sort of look at a lower price. That said I've seen lots of 20k + strands of Edisons !

Wearing my ombre rope with the baroque strand from PP's T sale last August. My 10 yr-old son pointed at one of the keshi's and said "this one look like a prune, it's all shriveled up". LOL!!!

t3.jpg

Gorgeous Bailey! I love your circled Ts.

Beautiful white pearls Kalmen &assurazy! Love the styling.

Last edited:
Tahitians for me today! Kamoka studs and a keshi tin cup (pearls from Jac).

IMG_0629.JPG

IMG_0630.JPG

Thank you Sanippy. I love your circled T's too and love what you are wearing now. I'm not a tin cup girl but those keshi tin cup is pretty.

Today's choice - I just finished polishing it up last night and I'm in love with how it turned out. I think this would be fab with an assortment of little keshi, right?

agb02.jpg

I really like this one… a lot!!! It would be fab with keshi or even small gemstones!

Today I'm pairing my new 8.2 mm cherry Tahitian earring studs with my little h Tahitian pendant from the Conniessuer Sale several years ago. Love the colors and luster on these.

20170802_105344.jpg

20170802_105228.jpg

Battah: I love the new pendant.

Red: OMG, the purple and greens in those T's!

Those earrings have such pretty cherry colors! They are lovely in the photos, but even nicer in real life! I bet the same with the greens in the pendant!

Pretty set, Red!

Marianne and BWeaves, thanks! I'm going to make a smaller version for earrings, I think, and will play with what pearls go in them. I have some gorgeous tiny freshwaters I got from Sarah at Kojima that I need to play with, too.

Back