Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Brit lovely pieces and fantastic smile!
What size are the pearls on the little h necklace?

Am here with gssp. It's slightly darker in photo. PhotoGrid_1499921020582.jpg

Thanks everyone...

I miss my hair & its far from this now...

The 7mm in 14k white gold were $50 & are nice old prob 1960/70's earring with decent color & luster. I like th eolder as they came with nice thick cluch backs not like the thin bendable flimsy ones that adorn most avg earrings.
Can't see it but they have bluish green overtones with some pink. Its the setting I was buying as its really sturdy for everyday wear,

I guess diamond studs have always been my favorite & got into pearls more around 2005. I hesitate to wear good pearls in the hotter months or in the sun in general as I know its not ddog for them. Diamonds are forever... this is true....

Teenies are nice on the young neck but with time bigger is better at being the focal point & not the neck...

Lovely big gold ssp

Attachments

• 7mm 14 k wg 50 3 copy.jpg
    7mm 14 k wg 50 3 copy.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 37
  • 7mm 14 k wg 50 dime copy.jpg
    7mm 14 k wg 50 dime copy.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 32
  • 2009 shadowsuccumbR15.jpg
    2009 shadowsuccumbR15.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
Lovely goldens, Kalmen. And you layered with another necklace that looks wonderful with it. I need to try layering more.

The little h strands' FW are 2-3mm. The photos of that strand and the others I posted really don't do them justice. The little h is great with boatneck shirts. I'm not loving how I look in the photos either, but it is what it is. I'm telling myself the same level of injustice the photos do with the pearls they do with me as well. I don't necessarily think that's true (that gobblers there, no matter how I try to deny it), but it's what I tell myself. ha.

No pearls today. Pink sapphire pendant I got in honor of my daughter's birth (she was born Sept 30), so sapphire is her birthstone and I already had a blue sapphire pendant, and round diamond studs.

Catching up - gorgeous stuff, Cathy, Purr, Brit, and CL! Love seeing your faces, too <3 I'll avoid posting mine, but if you saw my cicada earring post on Sheri's facebook feed then you've seen it.

Beautiful GSSP, Kalmen! I love your taste.

Just headed out to run errands wearing the GSSP strand that I bought from Cees last year when I turned 60.
It sure is warm and muggy here today.

Cees's GSSP.jpg

Just your average "going out to run errand" pearls.

I love the tiny littleh ones all the way through to the big honking golden SS pearls.

Remember the pearl jeans I posted a few weeks ago? With pearls in the upper thigh and front pocket area?

https://www.anthropologie.com/shop/...y=denim-embroidered-patchwork-jeans&color=092

Anthropologie is now selling a second style of pearl jeans. This time the pearls are below the knee.

https://www.anthropologie.com/shop/...y=denim-embroidered-patchwork-jeans&color=092

Wearing my new Atlas South Sea pearls that I purchased in May in Bali. Pendant and earrings are in gold Bali settings. These are really pretty pearls.

20170713_150557.jpg20170713_150736.jpg

Just your average "going out to run errand" pearls.

I love the tiny littleh ones all the way through to the big honking golden SS pearls.

Remember the pearl jeans I posted a few weeks ago? With pearls in the upper thigh and front pocket area?

Anthropologie is now selling a second style of pearl jeans. This time the pearls are below the knee.

BWeaves, it might be worth it to get a few dozen very inexpensive CFWPs and do this yourself! I may just have to give that one a try....

Thank you, battah ... I SAW you on Purr's post, and you looked lovely in those cicada earrings!

Red, those ARE pretty pearls, with a real translucent depth to them ... LOVE the findings, and look forward to seeing them on you soon :)

Pearl Dreams, what a magnificent way to run errands ;)

JerseyPearl, you echoed what I was thinking about pearl jeans. I trimmed a white shrug sweater with tiny fw little H pearls and silk ribbon embroidery a few years ago for ruckus. I love it, but it was difficult. The sewing needle wouldn't go through the pearls, the big eye needle wouldn't go through the fabric. I ended up couching down the string of pearls on the surface of the sweater with the silk embroidery thread. Still, I've longed to try something else. Hmmm ...

Pearl Dreams, your GSSP are so beautiful. The perfect shade of gold and they look amazing on you.

Red, stunning!! I'm so jealous you got to pick them out in person. The Bali settings are perfect.

BWeaves, it might be worth it to get a few dozen very inexpensive CFWPs and do this yourself! I may just have to give that one a try....

Yeah, I think this would look better as a do it yourself job, too. At least I'd know the jeans fit.

Red, your souvenirs are gorgeous.

Thank you, ladies. I do enjoy these a lot.
The pearls stayed on as we went out to dinner tonight too. :)

Back