Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Today we opened a show at the history museum for my local weaving guild. We're celebrating 75 years.

My piece is the Weave St. Laurent Mondrian dress. Yves St. Laurent's version from 1969 was made from pieced wool. My version is woven in Tencel as one solid piece of fabric. My manikin is flashing a peace sign.

IMG_2988.jpg

We were asked to also wear handwoven clothing to the opening of the show. I wore my handwoven leno blouse with The Hamantaschen, my natural white Hanadama rope from PP, and my Mikimoto huggies.

IMG_2965.jpg

You look very lovely, BWeaves :)

Red, I'd love to see one of my favorite pearl rings ever ... as gorgeous as your photos are, the color movement in that pearl and the masterful setting are extraordinary!

BWeaves, I can't believe you made that dress! It is AMAZING!

Red, love love love your ring!

Thank you. Unfortunately I've outgrown the dress and can no longer wear it. It tends to be a display piece only these last couple of years.

Today it's The Swan on the yellow gold knitted choker and my black and white Tahitian studs from Kamoka. They go with everything. I'm amazed. Wearing shorts and a t-shirt.

IMG_2994.jpg

Fancy schmancy tonight for an elegant dinner party.

Mom's SS pearl drop earrings and her large akoya choker.

IMG_2996.jpg

Mom's freshwater pearl bracelet and her opal ring. I just picked it up from being resized.

IMG_2998.jpg

Wow BW!!! The dress is pretty awesome and how cool is that your manikin is flashing the peace sign! Did you request or do it or was there someone else in charge of displaying it? Love how it stands out above the rest! And your woven top looks so darn professional! Oh wait, you are a pro!!! How many hours does a top like the white one take to weave? And of course, your pearls are so perfectly matched as well!

I like the opal ring setting -the diamonds really set the opal up to shine! Love the big akoyas and the huggies. Cute bracelet too!

The museum curator set up this exhibit. They did the peace sign. I never would have thought of it. The Mondrian dress is more Mod than Hippy Dippy.

I'm not a professional weaver. I am a very good hobby weaver. I'm a professional computer programmer, so I only do my weaving on weekends or evenings. But I also procrastinate. It take me months to make something. If I was retired, it might take me a week.

I just finally just finished a silk and wool top that was supposed to be a sweater last year, but it never got cold in Florida, so I had no desire to finish sewing it together. I finally finished it a couple of weeks ago, but I didn't sew the sleeves or cowl neck on it. I did sew them up separately as an infinity scarf and separate Möbius shawl, so I can wear them separately. I'll try and post photos later.

Oh ladies, for a moment I forgot about pearls - I WANT THAT DRESS now! :D :D BWeaves, you are VERY talented!

Gosh, BWeaves I'd love to own that dress!! Not to mention all your lovely pearls!!!

At a BBQ yesterday I wore my Kamoka figs with a recently purchased kamoka 'Figlet'. A highly saturated tiny blue keshi pearl just large enough to make an impact. I added a tiny champagne akoya keshi choker because I never leave well enough alone!

Attachments

• IMG_4283.jpg
    IMG_4283.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_4280.jpg
    IMG_4280.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_4048.jpg
    IMG_4048.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_4056.jpg
    IMG_4056.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_4081.jpg
    IMG_4081.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 21
Oh, so glad that gorgeous little blueberry figlet went to you Lmgardens! It looks delightful with it's bigger cousins, and the tiny akoya keshi :)

Aw, thank you Sanippy and Cathy!
I visited my mom in Portland a couple weeks ago and thought I'd give Josh and Celeste a call for a visit - that didn't work out, but Josh forwarded pictures of the 2 most color saturated pearls they had at the moment - I couldn't resist! Can't wait to see what they bring to the Ruckus!

Speaking of my never leaving well enough alone...
I'm trusting all my lovely pearl guide members will steer me away from looking like these two ladies! Louella Parsons was apparently a gossip columnist back in the day. Judy Davis played her in a recent tv show about the making of Whatever Happened to Baby Jane - the rivalry between Bettye Davis and Joan Crawford during the making of the movie.
I suppose what's makes them look more over the top are the hats and the clothing...yikes!!!

Attachments

• IMG_1653.JPG
    IMG_1653.JPG
    104.6 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_1655.jpg
    IMG_1655.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 16
Back