Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Gorgeous T's. Gorgeous bracelets.

I'm definitely for wearing pearls with jeans and "slob" clothing. It just works, doesn't it?
No saving the pearls for "best" for me.

OK - back to being polished at work. But added a little fun with some lavender ripples from Catherine Cardellini. I think Coco would approve. :)

IMG_1976.jpg

Cicadalady: OOOOO, love the handwoven fabric on the Chanel jacket. The "Weaves" in BWeaves is because I'm a handweaver. It's not my name.

I adore vintage Chanel pieces because the fabrics are both unusual and beautiful and the designs are timeless. And, of course, because they almost always complement pearls!

The Swan on my white gold knitted choker! And Kojima drop earrings.

I have non-pearl necklaces that actually look better with this T-shirt,
but I couldn't resist the visual pun of The Swan with the swans.

IMG_2953.jpg

I'm not sure which photo is better. Oh, here's both.

IMG_2961.jpg

I've been having a new procedure done on my face the last 6 months, to get rid of the acne scars. It seems to be the first thing I've tried that is actually working. Micro-needling. I'm just now noticing in the photos that my skin looks smoother. It also got rid of the bags under my eyes.

Last edited:
Perfect pairing, BWeaves!

I'm curious about the microneedling... do they have you doing a topical treatment inbetween sessions? I've got a bunch of acne scars I'd like to get rid of.

Look at photos of me from a year back (click on page 274 for example), and my skin is quite lumpy from the old acne scars. The micro-needling has really smoothed it out.

There's a salve the aesthetician gives me to use right after it's done for a couple of days. Then I just use my regular cleaning regimen (Cetaphil) between sessions. I've been having the micro-needling done once a month. I may back off and start doing it once every other month now that my skin looks better.

The very first time I had it done, it was a bit intense. But all subsequent sessions have been a piece of cake. My face is red right after, like a mild sunburn, for a day, and then that goes away. So there's very little down time.

Last edited:
Got some catching up to do! But gosh, you ladies continue to woo me!

BN those are some HUGE edisons! I LOVE the big round ones you purchased a while ago and dream about those and so I can understand why you didn't keep the ones in the photo.

Cicadalady, what a neat look to have two very cool necklaces, and both the keshi and harvest strand are gorgeous. I'd love to see more pictures of the harvest strand! I'm a sucker for Ts. Your Chanel look is perfect too!

Battah, I love the layering look of the chunky bracelets! And the colors are so nice for summer!

BWeaves, I am also another fan of the swan. And a mama swan on top of all the little swans, that's just too cute! It is such an unusual necklace, I hope you bring it to Ruckus!

Today's pearls. My 14mm white SS beauty from Agustus, set in 18kt red gold with moonstones and diamonds by Studio Vincent in Minneapolis. I purchased this labradorite, aquamarine and pearl rope from them as well.
20170623_135145.jpg20170623_135432.jpg

Wow, that ring! I'm a sucker for moonstones, but that pearl is gorgeous. That necklace looks like it has real color movement in real life. Love it.

Red, I see pinks in your ssp ring! How gorgeous and what a splendid setting to show it off in! I also love the flashes of blue in labradorite.

Back